Updates: Is Rick Barnes actually recruiting/working?

Nope he is chilling all day watching soap operas and letting 3 visitors to campus this past weekend show themselves around

Rick Barnes was spotted in Lil Jon's entourage recently and said he can't wait for football season.

Reactions: 2 people
Rick Barnes is a double agent he was sent here by Texas to kill Tennessee basketball. He is now setting his plan in motion.:eek:

I heard he was not interested in coaching basketball anymore since he had so much fun at the spring game on Saturday. He is hoping Butch will let him join the football coaching staff.

Reactions: 1 person
He's been on the job for weeks now. Weeks. It's nearly May and very late in the game. Had some visitors, heard some rumors transfers and what not.

But, is he actively trying to or actually going to sign any players for this upcoming season?

One knock on Barnes was his inability to recruit at a high level. Texas recruits itself. Tennessee doesn't. It's just true....

Time to start revoked Volnation posting cards

He's been on the job for weeks now. Weeks. It's nearly May and very late in the game. Had some visitors, heard some rumors transfers and what not.

But, is he actively trying to or actually going to sign any players for this upcoming season?

One knock on Barnes was his inability to recruit at a high level. Texas recruits itself. Tennessee doesn't. It's just true....

I saw him drinking a pina colada at Trader Dick's.

And his hair was perfect.

Reactions: 6 people
It's moments like this I wish VolNation worked a little like Reddit and once you fall below the downvote threshold the post disappears.

Reactions: 3 people
He's working with Butch and trying to get Maggitt to play on the basketball team so he's recruitig alright. :)

http://youtu.be/u2pcjpP2nU0

I like that Barnes is smart enough to use football as a recruiting tool for scheduling visits. Show the kids whatever the school has to offer outside of bball and show them the crazy passion of vol fans in one of the best scenery in the nation. It's a disservice to yourself not to use such a card in your recruiting regardless of sport. That's a big deal to be able to attend those games when you aren't playing your own sport.

I like that Barnes is smart enough to use football as a recruiting tool for scheduling visits. Show the kids whatever the school has to offer outside of bball and show them the crazy passion of vol fans in one of the best scenery in the nation. It's a disservice to yourself not to use such a card in your recruiting regardless of sport. That's a big deal to be able to attend those games when you aren't playing your own sport.

Donnie done the same thing fwiw.

Clemson recruited itself as well, they have had so much success since he left

Definitely. Of all the ACC schools, Clemson is the one that has history of basketball dominance. Definitely a far better hoops program than Duke, Carolina, Maryland, Virginia, Wake Forest, Louisville, NC State....

blue font

Reactions: 1 person
You have to be kidding me. Inability to recruit? Seriously? That is probably his greatest strength. He has recruited and coached no less than 15 players who have playedin the NBA. Texas didn't "recruit itself" before Barnes got there, so I'm not sure where you get that idea from. Texas has 32 NCAA appearances and Barnes is responsible for half of them. From 1939-1998 (60 years), Texas had 16 appearances in the NCAA tournament. That recruited itself???

Or perhaps, Barnes going to 16 NCAA tournaments in 17 years at a "football school" with little basketball tradition or history to speak of prior to his arrival, created an environment that now fosters the ability to "recruit itself".

Is he trying to recruit? I'll assume that is a rhetorical question.

Like x 10.

And then I stumble upon this gem from the OP in response to a nearly identical question from another poster only 11 days ago which read...

"Will Barnes sign at least one player before the signing period is over? Is he even trying?"
Good fight

I just saw him doing the "Crip Walk" out of Walmart with a case of Bud Light in one arm and a bag full of hot dogs and buns in the other! TEAM COOKOUT!!!! (AT HIS HOUSE) Shhhh, don't tell the NCAA!!! BOL!!!

Reactions: 4 people
OP is silly. But I understand why some fans may be getting a little anxious given that we really need to get a couple players this off season. Hopefully some Booms will come soon.

VN Store

Back