UTK Chancellor: No tailgating on campus

If you want the season canceled go ahead and tailgate somewhere else. Go ahead and pack the bars and when they report covid19 cases are up the season will be canceled. Guess what only blame yourselves.

Boaty McBoatface!

A stadium on the water has its perks, even when adhering to Coast Guard and DNR regulations
Never been to the game on a boat. Is there a Megatron so you can watch it from the river? Or do you rich people have satellite and tvs to watch it?

Never been to the game on a boat. Is there a Megatron so you can watch it from the river? Or do you rich people have satellite and tvs to watch it?

Usually there’s larger boats to tie to that have TVs I’ve also watched in a lawn chair on my iPhone before.

Reactions: chrismc1000
I mean it sucks. But lets be honest even if they're able to pull it of safely,it will look like something out of dystopian sci-fi movie. And that would suck more.

I would not want to be on the committee or the person responsible for figuring it out, but I'll give it a try. Assuming we have about 60,000 season ticket holders. Could this be doable? Give 1,000 tickets to the visiting team and put 'em in area of the stadium that seats 4,000. Allow 10,000 students limiting them in an area of the stadium that seats 40,000. Allow half of the season ticket holders (30,000) in the remainder of the stadium (roughly 56,000 seats).

The 2 bowls hold about 96,000 people (I counted it....literally). Neyland Stadium should hold about 80-85K people. You could take 35K people and make the lower bowl look full. Same for the upper level...about 16K people. The 102,455 includes the skyboxes, press, security, ushers, ticket takers, concessions, etc. Your numbers would be pushing for "distancing" purposes.

Just protest out the back of your Suburban with ribs, and the campus commies will celebrate your lack of social distancing.

Have they defined "tailgating"? Or just campus sponsored snooze fests? I have a Yukon that can hold a bunch of provisions....I can't see someone walking up to us saying we can't enjoy our pre-game.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I mean it sucks. But lets be honest even if they're able to pull it of safely,it will look like something out of dystopian sci-fi movie. And that would suck more.
It’ll be different, but I’m not sure it’s quite that bad.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
There goes our plans for beating the bongo war drums in front of Ayers Hall - only on Defense of course.

Just don’t try it on a pontoon boat that has little height to stop the waves coming from the cruisers late at night when you’re weighted down with 20 non sober boaterists. Ummmm, happened to some friends of ours.

Reactions: savannahfan
I heard someone ask months back about tailgating, and the reply was no way. I never really understood why ten people (usually family or friends) can't hang out before the game, yet pile in the stadium by the thousands. I'm hoping a vaccine comes out soon, so Karen and the anti fun police can take a break.

I would not want to be on the committee or the person responsible for figuring it out, but I'll give it a try. Assuming we have about 60,000 season ticket holders. Could this be doable? Give 1,000 tickets to the visiting team and put 'em in area of the stadium that seats 4,000. Allow 10,000 students limiting them in an area of the stadium that seats 40,000. Allow half of the season ticket holders (30,000) in the remainder of the stadium (roughly 56,000 seats).
I think you would need to see how many season ticket holders opt out first and then see how many will be attending games. Then you figure it out from there. Season ticket holders should be given top priority imo.

VN Store

Back