'25 VA CB Shamari Earls (uscjr commit)

Ok since there is no real way of knowing if offers are commitable or not, how do you go about evaluating offer lists? Just assume all offer lists are suspect?
You check what their official visits are.
Usually- not always- but an official visit is indicator that a college is genuinely interested in you becoming a part of their program.

Willie Martinez has the worst recruiting among his peers. Year 4 and he’s yet to consistently field 4 stars. At first it was him and Ellarbee, now Elarbee has left him in the dust. We need a recruiter at DB while we are fortunate enough to have Coach Garner
Kid wasn’t a take yet. Ratings don’t mean everything

Have you even looked at our roster?
Yea and I saw the spring game, I didn’t see anyone look like Pat Surtain Jr, Ringo etc size wise. Not small corners but also not those instant day 1 ready bodies either. I do think Ricky Gibson will be good, McCoy as well. We need to start landing the studs at corner that top notch SEC programs land.

Look, aside from all the players that fit that profile, we don't have any.
Conyer rail thin, Matthews thin and abused by a true frosh all spring. Gibson will be good but looks 5’11 180, McCoy 6’ I’m sure is not 200lbs. The temple transfer look 5’10, and embarrassed by Brazzell. Didn’t get to see Beasley, Goree looks like Conyer physically. So yea, no

Conyer rail thin, Matthews thin and abused by a true frosh all spring. Gibson will be good but looks 5’11 180, McCoy 6’ I’m sure is not 200lbs. The temple transfer look 5’10, and embarrassed by Brazzell. Didn’t get to see Beasley, Goree looks like Conyer physically. So yea, no
Matthew’s TD on Jordan was broken coverage…and no he hasn’t been abused all spring.

The fact you base your opinions on a spring game that nobody takes seriously tells me everything about your football knowledge lol

Wow so I guess all our DBs suck because you saw them 1 day from the stands during a scrimmage and you also think they're small.

But you know Hadden wasn't 6'2" 200+ right? He's listed at 6'1" 195lbs. Finding 6'2" 200lb DBs that can play corner is really hard, because most guys that size don't move like you need a corner to move. That's why those sized guys get moved to safety or bulk up to LB size. The Surtains and Ringos of the world are rarities, and that's why they were highly rated 5 stars and high draft picks.

Yeah, everyone wants one of those, but they don't grow on trees. Reality is the vast majority of corners in the SEC and NFL aren't 6'2" 200lbs. Heck Emmanuel Moseley walked on campus at 5'10" 165lbs and became a pro bowl cornerback. This year of the 9 Pro Bowl cornerbacks, only 3 of them were both equal to or greater than 6'2" and 200lbs. And I'm generously counting Jalen Ramsey who is 6'1" 208lbs.

We've got lighter guys yes, but also consider the majority of our talent is in freshmen and sophomores who are still growing and putting on muscle. You cannot expect a bunch of high schoolers to walk on campus at 6'2" 200lbs and start at corner day 1. They don't exist. And there's a decent chance kids that size finish their career at a different position.

Horrible take

Matthew’s TD on Jordan was broken coverage…and no he hasn’t been abused all spring.

The fact you base your opinions on a spring game that nobody takes seriously tells me everything about your football knowledge lol
No I base it off highlights of Matthews going for 60+ yards each scrimmage on Matthews

You guys win, Willie is legit and recruits nothing but studs. If you don’t see the forest for the trees then I can’t make u. Enjoy
You might be right on those guys i tend to judge them on actual games not spring game/practice where these guys are competing.

However this thread where we didn’t even have a committable offer to this DB isn’t the place to have that discussion…

Reactions: OrangeMoundTNVol
You guys win, Willie is legit and recruits nothing but studs. If you don’t see the forest for the trees then I can’t make u. Enjoy
The Martinez fans in this site are hilarious. He has been nothing but terrible since coming here. Matthews, supposed stud out of LA. What’s he done? Nothing. Conyers? Nothing. How many DBs have we had drafted since him coming here? He doesn’t get credit for Taylor as he was a SR. He is a subpar recruiter and even worse coach.

There are always outliers
Nah that’s not gonna work. Especially now with NIL. You really can’t deduce anything. A kid could be highly ranked, have all the offers from the top schools and a bum program like Miami swoops in and gets them. Now did that mean those offers were not commitable? No. Just means that another school dropped a bigger bag.

The Martinez fans in this site are hilarious. He has been nothing but terrible since coming here. Matthews, supposed stud out of LA. What’s he done? Nothing. Conyers? Nothing. How many DBs have we had drafted since him coming here? He doesn’t get credit for Taylor as he was a SR. He is a subpar recruiter and even worse coach.
Yep, we sprinkle in 5 star studs at every position except corner. Boo will be a stud but I give all safeties and nickels credit to Banks. We have yet to hit on a top 50/top 100 overall prospect at corner. It’s getting to the point that it’s frustrating, how the hell can’t we buy at least one 5 star borderline 5 star corner.

Yep, we sprinkle in 5 star studs at every position except corner. Boo will be a stud but I give all safeties and nickels credit to Banks. We have yet to hit on a top 50/top 100 overall prospect at corner. It’s getting to the point that it’s frustrating, how the hell can’t we buy at least one 5 star borderline 5 star corner.
Jordan Matthew’s?

Yea and I saw the spring game, I didn’t see anyone look like Pat Surtain Jr, Ringo etc size wise. Not small corners but also not those instant day 1 ready bodies either. I do think Ricky Gibson will be good, McCoy as well. We need to start landing the studs at corner that top notch SEC programs land.
And you think this kid was one or do you just want to complain?

We passed on this kid much like Bama and Georgia did.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
And you think this kid was one or do you just want to complain?

We passed on this kid much like Bama and Georgia did.
I think he had the size, aggression and comes from a state that produces top notch athletes. It would’ve been a nice addition knowing we won’t get any elite corners this cycle. Life goes on, time to upgrade the DB coach. Two different coaching staffs, plus his stint at Georgia tells the Martinez story.

I think he had the size, aggression and comes from a state that produces top notch athletes. It would’ve been a nice addition knowing we won’t get any elite corners this cycle. Life goes on, time to upgrade the DB coach. Two different coaching staffs, plus his stint at Georgia tells the Martinez story.
We don’t fire coaches until after the season is over. Guess you will just have to be miserable until then.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
His stint at Georgia? He was promoted to DC. I think Georgia won a conference title in his time there as well.

VN Store

Back