Vols Hoops assistant Adam Howard resigns

Pretty interesting development.

If this is a play to get ahead of the NCAA, I doubt it works. Tyndall has played the "I know nothing it was someone else" card before. The NCAA doesn't take kindly to that card being played again. If the NCAA actually has the good on DT, he's in serious trouble, and no amount of blame shifting is going to help...IMO

Reactions: 2 people
If he was able to get this thrown over on an assistants shoulders then I will know we hired the right man for the job.

Reactions: 3 people
If this is a play to get ahead of the NCAA, I doubt it works. Tyndall has played the "I know nothing it was someone else" card before. The NCAA doesn't take kindly to that card being played again. If the NCAA actually has the good on DT, he's in serious trouble, and no amount of blame shifting is going to help...IMO

Oh u don't know what the NCAA takes kindly too.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh u don't know what the NCAA takes kindly too.

NCAA has a history of nailing coaches to the wall the second time around (Cal being the notable exception). I would say Bruce Pearl and Kelvin Sampson would be two coaches with more stroke than Tyndall that got nailed the second time around. I could name a few more examples if you like.

This is the assistant that I have a loose tie to. I doubt I'll ever get the real scoop, but if I do and am at liberty to share, I'll let you guys know. Be interesting to see where he ends up. Wonder if he moves back home up here to Ashland, KY?

My old middle school coach knows him as well

I heard that one of the GAs has just resigned too. I think this is going to get ugly but It will be over pretty quick one way or another.

I agree he's probably not going to be able to plead ignorance again if the incidents have similarities...I'm not exactly sure what to think at this point, other than the NCAA has evidence of something and it's enough that UT and CDT have disassociated themselves from someone.

People don't resign/get fired over secondary violations.

NCAA has a history of nailing coaches to the wall the second time around (Cal being the notable exception). I would say Bruce Pearl and Kelvin Sampson would be two coaches with more stroke than Tyndall that got nailed the second time around. I could name a few more examples if you like.

Pearl got nailed for lying not committing the same offense again.

I agree he's probably not going to be able to plead ignorance again if the incidents have similarities...I'm not exactly sure what to think at this point, other than the NCAA has evidence of something and it's enough that UT and CDT have disassociated themselves from someone.

People don't resign/get fired over secondary violations.

True but they do get fired when u blame it on your rogue assistants lol

VN Store

Back