Vols Hoops assistant Adam Howard resigns

I don't think judged ship....I think they were fired....I'm a manager and the ones I fire always "resign"

Why would those guys be fired, Howard's is being linked to the investigation, you think Tyndall canned a guy who wasn't at USM with him in connection with this investigation?

That makes no sense

My hope is that he isn't getting out now so he doesn't go down with the ship. This isn't over yet.

Leaving now won't keep them out of trouble

Not taking either side because none of you guys know the truth but these guys have to earn a living. Jumping ship means they aren't getting a paycheck. I would think assistants would stay put to pay their bills and let the chips fall.

Reactions: 2 people
I have seen assistants take the fall several times....I hope he stays but if he doesn't it's not a huge deal....just another coaches search.
The potential attrition from having three coaches in three years would probably set us back to the O'Neill era. There is no guarantee anyone comes back to next year's team, we lose a whole year of systems development when the new coach brings his in, there is no guarantee any of our players come back, we have to start putting together a recruiting class in April, and fan support will take a massive hit. You can avoid a lot of those problems by making a big time hire, but Dave Hart has come no where close to showing that capability. Another relatively successful but unproven mid-major head coach ain't gonna cut it if we want to be relevant at any point during the remainder of this decade.

Reactions: 1 person
Instability is an issue, this is another warped idea you have up there with telling the ncaa to F off

I have seen teams do that before and work.........especially with the NCAA being worried about being done away with.........I don't get the freak put most of u are going through.....instability isn't the worst thing in the world.....hiring the wrong coach is.

The potential attrition from having three coaches in three years would probably set us back to the O'Neill era. There is no guarantee anyone comes back to next year's team, we lose a whole year of systems development when the new coach brings his in, there is no guarantee any of our players come back, we have to start putting together a recruiting class in April, and fan support will take a massive hit. You can avoid a lot of those problems by making a big time hire, but Dave Hart has come no where close to showing that capability. Another relatively successful but unproven mid-major head coach ain't gonna cut it if we want to be relevant at any point during the remainder of this decade.

This isn't football. Even with your scenario 3 good recruits and a bball team can be competitive.

Reactions: 1 person
Howard worked at southern miss.

The GA did not resign.

There's a handful of posters on this board that make this forum miserable. They are easy to spot. They are the ones that are happier than pigs in slop right now.

Reactions: 6 people
Instability is an issue, this is another warped idea you have up there with telling the ncaa to F off

I am not trying to argue, I respect your opinion, but with the way Auburn, Alabama, Manziel, and even Gurley to smaller degree, how can you not take same approach they did. I of course would not say it is telling the NCAA to fill in the blank, but use a lawyer that will defend aggressively.

Hiring the right guy and the attrition won't be bad.

VN Store

Back