Vols Kicker to Transfer

I would assume he is leaving because it is clear that Cimaglia (sp?) has a stronger more accurate leg.

But who knows.

But I agree. We shouldn't bash the kid, mainly because no one knew who he was before this thread.

Questions: do we even have backup kicker? How many kickers do we have on the roster?

The bigger question is where is the news on our kicking game and special teams given we are half way thru pre-season practices? Losing Daniel will be HUGE! Sure would like someone to dig around and see what they can find on our special teams and kickers. I agree that if I never heard of him, I ain't getting to upset about it.

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It
Does this give us a roster spot if he left school? i.e. Does he still count against the 25 enrolled?

While I think this forum has a tendency to go way overboard in response to a new thread, a good-natured "funny" isn't the end of the world. I'm sure no one intended to hurt anyone's feelings.

I'm sure this guy could see the writing on the wall, and we all wish him good luck wherever he lands.

I found this -
The 6-foot-1, 172-pound kicker has two years of eligibility left and will join the Tennessee football program as a walk-on, he said.

Tice converted all seven point-after attempts for Michigan in 2016, a season that saw Kenny Allen handle a bulk of the punts, kickoffs and placekicking.

He attempted just one field goal all season and handled three kickoffs.

While Michigan distributed kicking duties among three guys in 2017, Tice, a Saline native and two-time all-Big Ten academic honoree, was not one of them. He did not attempt a kick in a game.

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It
My argument is we don't know, so let's lay off the kid, and since he is a kicker I highly doubt he is leaving because of the physicality of practice as was implied. If CJP is putting the kickers through a Junction Boys type camp he is an idiot (I don't think he is).

Pruitt would have liked our kicker from back in the day, Ricky Townsend. And Leaverton came up big for us in a non-typical kind of way, at least one time.

I would assume he is leaving because it is clear that Cimaglia (sp?) has a stronger more accurate leg.

But who knows.

But I agree. We shouldn't bash the kid, mainly because no one knew who he was before this thread.
Maybe, since he has his degree, he realized/ decided that football is now in his rear view mirror. Sometimes you run on empty a bit before you finally realize that it’s time to move on, and then you’re like “why didn’t I figure this out sooner?” 1534474538185.gif

I found this -
The 6-foot-1, 172-pound kicker has two years of eligibility left and will join the Tennessee football program as a walk-on, he said.

Tice converted all seven point-after attempts for Michigan in 2016, a season that saw Kenny Allen handle a bulk of the punts, kickoffs and placekicking.

He attempted just one field goal all season and handled three kickoffs.

While Michigan distributed kicking duties among three guys in 2017, Tice, a Saline native and two-time all-Big Ten academic honoree, was not one of them. He did not attempt a kick in a game.
Academics, eh? That's probably why he was here to begin with.

VN Store

Back