Vols Practice Thread Tuesday

I'm no better than any armchair coach on here, who played HS football, but I did play WR..,, when you look at first few pass drills on first clip, or even thru the passing segment, there's a good bit of players waiting on the ball. I was always taught when you come out of your break from a curl or quick out, to expect that the ball will be in your face mask. Maybe making something of nothing, but if I'm watching the QB's, I'm stopping the drill and doing it again. Twice the WR broke off his route to the catch zone before QB threw the ball. Granted this was a back up, but ball being late has been an issue all year, so, just made me wonder how much this stuff is being emphasized. Assumptions are that guys are making ALOT of $$$ to coach this stuff. Definitely not trying to say I know anything the coaches don't, but just thought it was odd no one said anything.

Also, just an observation, but guarantano looks much smoother when he rolls out.
I 100% agree. The roll out where he found Jennings in the end zone was possibly the best he has ever looked, as far as comfort, and execution. I have yet to understand why they have not tried more bootlegs with him

As long as he does it after the season lol. We need him to stay on the team.
Sitting down with Jauan? I’d say ASAP. JJ can tell him that you can learn who’s boss before you bite off more than a chew’s worth. Even if the boss is TEMPORARY. I still feel Hoke did him a favor...only thing he did well at UT. Jennings is that leader today instead of Antonio Brown college edition.

Sitting down with Jauan? I’d say ASAP. JJ can tell him that you can learn who’s boss before you bite off more than a chew’s worth. Even if the boss is TEMPORARY. I still feel Hoke did him a favor...only thing he did well at UT. Jennings is that leader today instead of Antonio Brown college edition.
I meant as in taking notes in running his mouth and getting kicked off the team. Although I don't blame JJ for what he did, Bituli would be smart to save his rants for him teammates.

Reactions: Bret178
Leaders do a lot of things but they don’t talk back to coaches. He needs to set the right example here and practice his craft. He’s got a lot of young eyes on him and the last thing Tennessee needs is a bunch of guys who believe they’re better than coaches.
Or maybe it’s just a couple of emotional guys going at and it’s just the type of fire we need around here

Reactions: Bret178
I meant as in taking notes in running his mouth and getting kicked off the team. Although I don't blame JJ for what he did, Bituli would be smart to save his rants for him teammates.
I completely blamed JJ for what he did. As most of us bound by the limits of real life, you show your azz and you risk losing it. Whether you end up a NFL player or a manager at Kinko’s...you got something to lose. Trying to use the “I’m frustrated because I’m a winner...you MF’s!” forcefield gets you some silent applause from those keeping it real (as they do it silently enough to keep their JOBS). Hoke did him a favor.

Sounds like Tatum is struggling to keep a job. At the same time, the fact that Morris and Jamir Johnson are one and two at LT shows we are recruiting better and over some guys. I hope this means the O Line is coming along. It’s been a loooong wait.

UK's OL was mauling UF's DL at times. Let's hope our VOLS have improved enough and are hungry enough to get a push for a change. I am optimistic and think we will run the ball well leading to a close win!!! =)

So far Zuniga for the gatas DL is the only one who has shown up very much this year. That's often all they need though. That said he's got a bad ankle, a really bad ankle this week. Try setting that edge with a bad ankle. He may be able to do it the 1st half but if Chaney handles it correctly he becomes the weakest link the 2nd half of our game.

VN Store

Back