Vols Practice Thread Tuesday

Sounds like Tatum is struggling to keep a job. At the same time, the fact that Morris and Jamir Johnson are one and two at LT shows we are recruiting better and over some guys. I hope this means the O Line is coming along. It’s been a loooong wait.

Notice how NOBODY has talked about how poorly or great Kennedy has played as our center this year? He's quietly getting things done out there in a workman type fashion. There are not all horror stories out there with our OL, just sayin'

I 100% agree. The roll out where he found Jennings in the end zone was possibly the best he has ever looked, as far as comfort, and execution. I have yet to understand why they have not tried more bootlegs with him
He has no speed.

Reactions: cgrish
Tim Jordan getting the #2 reps ahead of Gray.

Offense practicing allot of quick game stuff.

Sounds like Chaney might want to try and run the ball between the tackles.
Amen. Screwing w the edges we get gang tackled

Sounds like Tatum is struggling to keep a job. At the same time, the fact that Morris and Jamir Johnson are one and two at LT shows we are recruiting better and over some guys. I hope this means the O Line is coming along. It’s been a loooong wait.
Good thing is probably that Tatum didn't lose it but someone elevated performance. Tatum will still get plenty of p/t

Still no pads poppin. I don’t get it. This team needs some brutality, toughness and swagger about it.

Tee Martin said:
“We went against the defense at the end of practice, we tried to kill them. They tried to kill us. Then on Saturday we were best friends. We were brothers on Saturdays. But we absolutely tried to hurt each other at practice.”

Last edited:
I don't think that he is struggling. Our line consists of 3 five star studs and a 4 star Kennedy at center. That only leaves 1 starting spot open on the OL. We are a lot better up front this year than we get credit for I think.

Reactions: Vol737 and Remy
With 8 men in the box what good is quick stuff.. If it's passes over the middle its interception city... If it's quick outs OK and draws ok
It means they get tackled quickly... and we get to see our great punter more... one benefit I guess.

Reactions: tnvols72

The true test of the Oline is coming this weekend in Gainesville, I'm afraid.

Fear-640x265.jpg

anyone else see Henry T practicing optioning at the 1:50 mark of first clip? That's odd...you'd figure Crouch would be that guy if they're looking at a short yardage pistol package.

sounds like a few coaches and players are feeling the heat...bottle the temper till Saturday then uncork it...and,

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T.Jordan is the best blocker of the 3 RB's plus you have Tatum shifting to the left side where JG can't seem to detect the heat coming from his backside. Sounds odd that no mention made of T.Smith. I'd expect DWA to be lining up left also. At least JG can probably see Greenard coming from his right. I'm sure CJC would love to get the run game going on the inside. UK seemed to have it going.

So far Zuniga for the gatas DL is the only one who has shown up very much this year. That's often all they need though. That said he's got a bad ankle, a really bad ankle this week. Try setting that edge with a bad ankle. He may be able to do it the 1st half but if Chaney handles it correctly he becomes the weakest link the 2nd half of our game.

Did they say he was even a "go" on Saturday? I read that he might not even play.

He knows he has to limit JGs passing..because he is limited by his passing.

Reactions: Booker512
A starting LB and reported team leader in a screaming match with his coach. Wonder if that sort of stuff goes on in the closed part of practice.

anyone else see Henry T practicing optioning at the 1:50 mark of first clip? That's odd...you'd figure Crouch would be that guy if they're looking at a short yardage pistol package.

Did you ever watch Henry T's film? He played offense also. Really good runner.

Reactions: njvols
That is definitely not Henry T. …… looks more like the Maryland transfer
Wow...just didn't see another #11 on the roster, but if that's him, we could have ourselves a Tebow/Prescott type guy...and next year's QB battle, even with JG is going to get crowded and interesting.

I'm no better than any armchair coach on here, who played HS football, but I did play WR..,, when you look at first few pass drills on first clip, or even thru the passing segment, there's a good bit of players waiting on the ball. I was always taught when you come out of your break from a curl or quick out, to expect that the ball will be in your face mask. Maybe making something of nothing, but if I'm watching the QB's, I'm stopping the drill and doing it again. Twice the WR broke off his route to the catch zone before QB threw the ball. Granted this was a back up, but ball being late has been an issue all year, so, just made me wonder how much this stuff is being emphasized. Assumptions are that guys are making ALOT of $$$ to coach this stuff. Definitely not trying to say I know anything the coaches don't, but just thought it was odd no one said anything.

Chicken or egg? Receivers stopping, because they expect the ball to be thrown behind them, or JG not leading receivers because he knows they'll stop? Either way, each individual should be practicing what he's supposed to do in the game, and getting coordinated properly.

If he's a leader on the team, he's earned that right imo
Leaders should be modeling behavior. Unless we want everyone yelling at the coaches then I don’t think the leaders should be yelling at them either.

VN Store

Back