Vols Pro Day?

I couldn't agree more with the last sentence... the media people are so misleading and dumb the game of football down sooo much...

I don't care if it's only high school, at least have a basic grasp of the game at field level before going into a booth. Beth Mowins is the absolute worst. I felt bad for Joey Galloway when he had to commentate with her.

Especially cracks me up regarding his predictions about Dobbs preseason 2015. The dude was legitimately expecting Dobbs to throw for 4000 yards and rush for over 1000.

When everyone pointed out to him just how crazy it was to expect that and why a historic accomplishment it would be, he backtracked slightly by calling for for 3500 yards. When people mentioned the question marks at WR and OL, he just spouted off about the 30 first round picks the team was littered with.

But the way he tells the story, you'd think he was money on all of those predictions.

Blame Butch Jones.

When Dobbs becomes a superstar in the NFL you will realize how much he was held back by Butch Jones.

Blame Butch Jones.

When Dobbs becomes a superstar in the NFL you will realize how much he was held back by Butch Jones.

He was never going to have a 4000/1000 season in 2015. You were also predicting 1500 yards from Hurd and 1000 from Kamara that season.

You thought we would have 3 thousand yard rushers AND pass for 4000 yards. That's just plain stupid. I challenge you to find find a team with those kind of yardage stats. It just doesn't happen.

Anybody who knows football could look at Dobbs and his surrounding cast that year and see that was outside the realm of possibility. Even for a team that is absolutely loaded, it's hard to do. We had big question marks all over the OL and at WR going into 2015

Add to that that Butch's teams have historically done exceptionally well in the field position game and often have not had to drive the whole field to score, and it didn't take a very smart person to see that those kind of stats just weren't going to happen.

So basically, you just threw $#!+ at the wall because your only experience with the game of football was playing NCAA 14 and watching highlight compilations on YouTube.

That's why your predictions are often so bad. You just look at a player and decide "he's really good. Really good players put up x amount of yards, so he should do that too" without being able to analyze mitigating factors and team dynamics. You just chalk everything up to bad coaching (partly because you overvalue many players on UT's roster and partly because you don't understand entire facets of the game such as OL play).

In short, even if your "gift" isn't complete BS (it is), you've shown a complete lack of ability or unwillingness to understand the game itself. It really undercuts a lot of your predictions. You weren't even capable of looking at our OL situation going into 2015 and seeing that it could have a negative impact on the passing game. That's a massively stupid oversight on your part.

In short, it's painfully obvious that you just don't understand football very well.

Reactions: 7 people
He was never going to have a 4000/1000 season in 2015. You were also predicting 1500 yards from Hurd and 1000 from Kamara that season.

You thought we would have 3 thousand yard rushers AND pass for 4000 yards. That's just plain stupid. I challenge you to find find a team with those kind of yardage stats. It just doesn't happen.

Anybody who knows football could look at Dobbs and his surrounding cast that year and see that was outside the realm of possibility. Even for a team that is absolutely loaded, it's hard to do. We had big question marks all over the OL and at WR going into 2015

Add to that that Butch's teams have historically done exceptionally well in the field position game and often have not had to drive the whole field to score, and it didn't take a very smart person to see that those kind of stats just weren't going to happen.

So basically, you just threw $#!+ at the wall because your only experience with the game of football was playing NCAA 14 and watching highlight compilations on YouTube.

That's why your predictions are often so bad. You just look at a player and decide "he's really good. Really good players put up x amount of yards, so he should do that too" without being able to analyze mitigating factors and team dynamics. You just chalk everything up to bad coaching (partly because you overvalue many players on UT's roster and partly because you don't understand entire facets of the game such as OL play).

In short, even if your "gift" isn't complete BS (it is), you've shown a complete lack of ability or unwillingness to understand the game itself. It really undercuts a lot of your predictions. You weren't even capable of looking at our OL situation going into 2015 and seeing that it could have a negative impact on the passing game. That's a massively stupid oversight on your part.

In short, it's painfully obvious that you just don't understand football very well.

But you did?

If I remember correctly everyone here was assuming the o-line would improve. In fact the big question people had last year was Dobbs passing. I remember debating people every week that acted like the only thing keeping us from winning the natty in 2016 was Dobbs passing.

But you did?

If I remember correctly everyone here was assuming the o-line would improve. In fact the big question people had last year was Dobbs passing. I remember debating people every week that acted like the only thing keeping us from winning the natty in 2016 was Dobbs passing.

I'm talking about 2015 when we were one year removed from starting a walkon with a torn ACL at LT and having maybe the worst OL performance in UT football history.

Yes, pretty much everybody expected that OL to have it's fair share of struggles, especially in the passing game.

But you still expected Dobbs to hit 4000/1000 in addition to Hurd having 1500 rushing yards and Kamara having 1000. Because you don't understand football.

Your stat predictions that offseason were all outrageously asinine.

Reactions: 1 person
But you did?

I certainly did. Most of us expected an average line that year. Most people had questions about the Oline and receivers. Have you ever played organized football D4H?

Would you rather have a player that knows what to do when you only have 1 thing to do (TO NOT LET ANYONE BEHIND YOU) or get lucky as hell chasing a ball-carrier?

I admit, that was one of the best plays of the season but it wasn't necessarily a "talent" play vs. a speed play.

You don't get a chance too often in the NFL to make up for a mental error with just being a better athlete.

You don't get a chance too often in the NFL to make up for a mental error with just being a better athlete.

Because the athletes in the NFL are very close in terms of standard deviation. It's a game where the tiniest of mistakes can be costly. Just watch a game with Aaron Rodgers against an opposing defense. He lives off of their mistakes.

Because the athletes in the NFL are very close in terms of standard deviation. It's a game where the tiniest of mistakes can be costly. Just watch a game with Aaron Rodgers against an opposing defense. He lives off of their mistakes.

Yep.

I'm not gonna lie guys I just did some film work on Josh and he can set himself up nicely for a good NFL career if he can sit for a year.... he has good shoulder discipline... however his shoulders tilt some so that is why you see balls in the dirt and over their heads... one thing that I noticed was he was very rushed on a lot of throws... I mean this line (from viewing it through critiquing a QB) looked awful... how I don't know how much of that is true but that's what I saw on the first take...

Whenever he doesn't rush he looks pretty smooth... also JD does like to keep his weight back and make what I call a finesse throw which just means your not following through and need to anchor your throw...

However, he progressed a lot from the start to the finish of his career.. he has somewhere to go and sit for a year or two... he will be ready to be a solid starter (JMO)

I'm not gonna lie guys I just did some film work on Josh and he can set himself up nicely for a good NFL career if he can sit for a year.... he has good shoulder discipline... however his shoulders tilt some so that is why you see balls in the dirt and over their heads... one thing that I noticed was he was very rushed on a lot of throws... I mean this line (from viewing it through critiquing a QB) looked awful... how I don't know how much of that is true but that's what I saw on the first take...

Whenever he doesn't rush he looks pretty smooth... also JD does like to keep his weight back and make what I call a finesse throw which just means your not following through and need to anchor your throw...

However, he progressed a lot from the start to the finish of his career.. he has somewhere to go and sit for a year or two... he will be ready to be a solid starter (JMO)

Good summary.

VN Store

Back