volsarelife1 "CCM stand for 25 seconds offense" post game thoughts vs Missouri:

Why didn't jalen Johnson play last night? He seemed to play well in his minutes A&M.

Why didn't jalen Johnson play last night? He seemed to play well in his minutes A&M.

He did play some in the first half. I think Barnes with with Darrinton in the second because Johnson doesn't look to score the ball.

Last night's game was one that harkens back to old Big 10 days when there were defensive struggles in league play every night.

UT should run the fast break every chance they get next time so that Missouri does not have a chance to set up their half court defense.

Jordan Bowden has to be the least assertive player I’ve ever watched. If he misses a shot he cowers and avoids shooting the ball. He cannot hit meaningful free throws, and just looks scared 90% of the time. Barnes needs to find out how to get inside his head and get him over being scared, because we need a consistent scoring threat from the perimeter. He has the ability to be our best scorer from outside if he’d just get over it and play hard and not let missed shots affect his confidence.

Reactions: 1 person
You are certifiable. Take your agenda & stuff IT. :crazy:

Agenda?!? That's good stuff. Maybe if you paid the slightest bit of attention, you'd know I am one of Barnes' biggest supporters in this forum. Crawl back in your hole or pay attention.

Agenda?!? That's good stuff. Maybe if you paid the slightest bit of attention, you'd know I am one of Barnes' biggest supporters in this forum. Crawl back in your hole or pay attention.
You have a strange way of showing support, sparky.

You have a strange way of showing support, sparky.

How is saying that Barnes had a bad game any different than saying Bone had a bad game? Or Bowden? Does everyone who is calling those guys out have a strange way of showing support?

Or...And this is probably gonna blow your mind...is it possible to support the team, and still point out where they succeed and where they struggle from game to game? Earth-shattering, I know. It's something called objectivity.

I post in the basketball forum every day. 99% of my posts directly related to the team itself are positive. You pick the one time, maybe all season, that I have been critical of Barnes for in-game decisions to judge my "agenda".

I'll say it again. Our guards have the talent but they don't provide consistent leadership. All of them took the night off.

Mizzou played solid defense and forced UT into some late clock, contested shots. But UT got plenty enough good looks to win. Just didn't convert.

Honestly thought UT did a ton of standing around and settling more than Mizzou just forcing those shots.

The loss was very heavily on coach. You can’t let your guys go down multiple possessions and dribble the clock down and then Start your offense. I mean, that was one of our many gripes with cuonzo. IN the sec (especially on the road) you have to be in attack mode the whole game. While I will praise Jalen Johnson for his effort while out there, and I wish he would’ve gotten minutes in the second half, most of his problems stem from the offensive side of the ball. Too many east and west dribbles. With his length, and athleticism, he needs to attack,attack,attack. Worst case scenario is a missed shot or turnover (which we were already doing) or maybe he can get in there and finish, or draw the d in giving our guards room to get open shots. Which they didn’t have many of.

The loss was very heavily on coach. You can’t let your guys go down multiple possessions and dribble the clock down and then Start your offense. I mean, that was one of our many gripes with cuonzo. IN the sec (especially on the road) you have to be in attack mode the whole game. While I will praise Jalen Johnson for his effort while out there, and I wish he would’ve gotten minutes in the second half, most of his problems stem from the offensive side of the ball. Too many east and west dribbles. With his length, and athleticism, he needs to attack,attack,attack. Worst case scenario is a missed shot or turnover (which we were already doing) or maybe he can get in there and finish, or draw the d in giving our guards room to get open shots. Which they didn’t have many of.

Might be your most logical post ever, Dallas. There's hope for you yet. :)

Agenda

Reactions: 1 person
Barnes has coached 1000+ games as a college head coach.

I might sometimes want to criticize his choices in a game but I quickly check myself because I don't know anything compared to him.

As I believe he has said the players can be mini-mysteries to him as well as to us during games.

A game is a forty minute experiment. The coach is constantly observing his players on the court, on the bench, etc. trying to find the most effective combination at that time.

He's poking, prodding, trying to get the most from his team.

It's an experiment with many unknowns for everyone including the coaches.

Honestly thought UT did a ton of standing around and settling more than Mizzou just forcing those shots.

They did. Not nearly enough relocated when the ball was entered to Williams. Especially by the free player.

Movement after an entry pass makes it difficult to double and produces better shots.

Having said that UT still got enough makeable looks. Just didn't convert.

Nothing I could ever post will top your love for Cuonzo or your hate for guy who replaced him.

Looks like most disagree, but keep telling yourself that. The guy I disliked is the only one of the 3 currently unable to coach in the college game, maybe you should’ve listened?

VN Store

Back