WalterFootball.com 2017 NFL Mock Draft: Josh Dobbs to the Browns in the 2nd round

Dobbs 4 Heisman

Remember when Dobbs was just a 6th-7th round draft pick according to all the "experts" and I said he would ultimately work his way into the 2nd round?

Well here is the first post-Senior Bowl mock draft on WalterFootball.com and voila, Josh Dobbs is now being projected to go in the 2nd round to the Cleveland Browns.

WalterFootball.com: 2017 NFL Mock Draft: Second Round

52. Cleveland Browns: Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
This is way too early for Joshua Dobbs, but the Browns aren't scared to reach for a quarterback prospect if they like him, as they spent a third-round pick on Cody Kessler last year when everyone thought Kessler would be taken in the sixth or seventh frame. The scuttlebutt is that the Browns like Dobbs, as they coached him in the Senior Bowl.

Reactions: 1 person
it hasn't happened yet, so i'd slow down just a little, but even if he gets drafted in the 2nd round by the browns, is that really noteworthy? is that a win for Josh?

i hope for josh's sake this doesn't happen. he'd be better off going in the 6th round to a better organization if he wants to have a career worth even mentioning.

I think I'd tell the Browns I'm in negotiations with Ingle's as a bag-boy! Make them make it worth it to join that hot mess!

"This is way too early for Josh Dobbs"

I hope he goes high in the draft, but it's funny watching the OP try to justify garbage posts.

Reactions: 5 people
I would feel great if Dobbs went that high, but I would hate for him to go to the Browns. It would be better for him o go to a better team in later rounds. The Browns are where good college talent goes to die.

I've been a browns fan since the early 80's. I firmly believe this is a total smokescreen. I would NOT be surprised if they took a different vol though. They like the vol prospects, but they are playing the game right now.

"This is way too early for Josh Dobbs"

They're trying to cover their butts because just a few weeks ago they had him as a 6th-7th round pick.

You've got to remember that NFL coaches don't watch these college kids until around this of the year. They don't follow college football like we do or like these alleged "scouts". The first time Hue Jackson and his staff saw Josh was at the senior bowl. I'm guessing they liked what they saw and they didn't have their opinions clouded by all these foolish internet experts that have had him as a late round pick.

You could tell from the way Hue Jackson spoke about Dobbs he saw a guy with some big time talent.

If Josh ends up on the Browns he will turn that franchise around like he turned around Tennessee.

So you're saying the Browns will choke away playoff berths late in the season? I suppose that's an improvement over being eliminated from contention shortly after Week 1 kicks off.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I've been a browns fan since the early 80's. I firmly believe this is a total smokescreen. I would NOT be surprised if they took a different vol though. They like the vol prospects, but they are playing the game right now.

It would be a weird smokescreen though. I mean how many franchises use a player being projected as a 6th-7th round pick as a smokescreen.

If they were going to use a player as a smokescreen you would think it would be someone like Watson or Kizer or Trubisky. You know someone who is being projected to go high.

So you're saying the Browns will choke away playoff births late in the season? I suppose that's an improvement over being eliminated from contention shortly after Week 1 kicks off.

I'm torn between my hatred for Alabama and my desire to laugh at D4H.

Reactions: 3 people
With how amazing a QB coach Hue is this couldn't be a better fit. He can sit behind RG3 and with a few more pics on the defensive side and making the OL more solid this really could be a R. Wilson kinda fit for the Browns. Tho I'd take him in the 3rd at earliest.

So you're saying the Browns will choke away playoff births late in the season? I suppose that's an improvement over being eliminated from contention shortly after Week 1 kicks off.

If Dobbs becomes an even halfway functional starter he will be worshipped like a God at Cleveland. That franchise is so QB starved. Their best QB since they got the franchise back has probably been Kelly Holcomb. Just think about that?

Dobbs doesn't have to do much to turn that franchise around.

if true...add josh to "The list"

Screen-Shot-2016-03-25-at-10.43.23-PM.png

Reactions: 2 people
With how amazing a QB coach Hue is this couldn't be a better fit. He can sit behind RG3 and with a few more pics on the defensive side and making the OL more solid this really could be a R. Wilson kinda fit for the Browns. Tho I'd take him in the 3rd at earliest.

Agree 100%. I think working with Hue Jackson would be a perfect fit for Josh. Plus the Browns have a lot of draft picks in the next 2 drafts. And IMO 2017 and 2018 are going to draft classes loaded with talent. If the Browns can finally start drafting well they could have a really good team by 2019.

Remember when Dobbs was just a 6th-7th round draft pick according to all the "experts" and I said he would ultimately work his way into the 2nd round?

Well here is the first post-Senior Bowl mock draft on WalterFootball.com and voila, Josh Dobbs is now being projected to go in the 2nd round to the Cleveland Browns.
WalterFootball.com: 2017 NFL Mock Draft: Second Round

I remember you saying it. I also remember everything you said about last year's draft. If he does go in round 2 then good for you for being right about one. But it is kind of like that crazy lady that says she dreamed of a horse by the water so someone is pregnant. Two years later someone she knows has a baby then crazy lady is bragging about predictions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
For how long? A quarter and a half? RG3 is made of tootpicks and silly putty. If the Browns take a QB he's got to be ready to play.

Exactly. If Cleveland drafts him, I expect Dobbs to be the opening day starter.

RG3 is bound to get hurt in training camp or the preseason.

VN Store

Back