We need to put 70 on BG

70? Really.... This is what always happens. Fans place an anticipation of how and by how much we should win by but the biggest concern should be just winning the game. Let the score play out to the game and how it turns out. Stop setting your expectations up for failure and let the chips fall where they may and just get the win.

I’ve been watching Tennessee football since the 70’s and just once I’d like to have a coach that doesn’t have the desire to put on the brakes because of the attitude “we’re up enough” or “that’s plenty”....which, ironically hasn’t happened very often.

Score as much as you can score...then let the 2nd and 3rd teams do the same. Let the guys on the bench play some meaningful football and not run out the clock. Damn the scoreboard..

Last edited:
70? Really.... This is what always happens. Fans place an anticipation of how and by how much we should win by but the biggest concern should be just winning the game. Let the score play out to the game and how it turns out. Stop setting your expectations up for failure and let the chips fall where they may and just get the win.

This all day.
But, good sir, it is August, so let the 9-3 / 10-2 glory delusion wash across your soul. It can't be stopped unless we lose to BG or only win 24-21 Then we'll be flooded with 2-10 withing 30.minutes of the closing horn for the entire game week.
No need to resist it. Like herding cats, it's just too hard.

Reactions: Volatility
So if we only score 50, would that mean the team is trash and the season a bust? If we play well and cover the spread by a comfortable margin, with little or no sloppy play I would feel it is a success. Scoring 70 on anyone has only happened a small handful of times since I have been watching the VOLS.

Hell, I would settle for a well executed game by UT where the outcome was never really in question past the first quarter.

I would like to see the D come out with some steam and hold BG to a touchdown and maybe a field goal or two.

A nice 49-13 or so victory with no injuries to speak of to get things moving in the right direction and give the players some confidence. Just what the doctor ordered.

Reactions: CR-vol
If it’s not at least a 50 point win I’ll be concerned about our offensive ability.

Anyway, aren’t we all sick of beating cupcakes by 7 to 10 points. This game needs to set the tone for this season. Stats pad a little and have something to sell to recruits.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
it's fun talking about blowing out teams like Pitt, UCLA, NC state but the way my mind works, I'm always circling back to the big 3. I think CH is going to beat one of them year 1 and im guessing UF...and BIG.

I would be happy to beat UF 3-2.

Seriously though, Heupel has a history of running up numbers and padding stats against weaker opposition. I expect we roll.

If it’s not at least a 50 point win I’ll be concerned about our offensive ability.

Anyway, aren’t we all sick of beating cupcakes by 7 to 10 points. This game needs to set the tone for this season. Stats pad a little and have something to sell to recruits.

See this right here was the type of thinking I was afraid of. Your first sentence is ridiculous on so many levels. The only thing that should be on anyone’s mind is winning. I mean if you are a TN fan and you are concerned when we win then you are being ridiculous.

We aren’t beating BG by at least 50. We aren’t hanging 70 on them. I doubt we get close to 50. We will win. That’s all that matters.

See this right here was the type of thinking I was afraid of. Your first sentence is ridiculous on so many levels. The only thing that should be on anyone’s mind is winning. I mean if you are a TN fan and you are concerned when we win then you are being ridiculous.

We aren’t beating BG by at least 50. We aren’t hanging 70 on them. I doubt we get close to 50. We will win. That’s all that matters.

I’m thinking our offense is going to be our strength. If we can’t wreck one of the worst teams in college football how are we going to just compete with the absolute best teams.

I’m not going to be calling for new guys head if he doesn’t win by 50 in game one either. I will be dropping the hope of competing with our rivals (assuming it doesn’t improve).

In the end it’s year one for Hype. So he is entitled to some grace.

I'd like to see us put 90 on Bama!

I'd like to win the lottery and start a second career.
I'd like the people of China, Cuba, Venezuela, Iran, and the USA to be free.
I'd like all this to happen by tomorrow, and I'd like a side of fries with that.
Your heart is in the right place Bruised Orange.

This all day.
But, good sir, it is August, so let the 9-3 / 10-2 glory delusion wash across your soul. It can't be stopped unless we lose to BG or only win 24-21 Then we'll be flooded with 2-10 withing 30.minutes of the closing horn for the entire game week.
No need to resist it. Like herding cats, it's just too hard.
Don’t forget the, “Fahr Heupel!” crowd!

Awesome post! Wish I could give more than 1 like!

Need to actually win the game. Georgia State and the incompetence of Jeremy Pruitt taught us that the days of winning simply because we’re Tennessee are gone - hopefully, to return again in the best future but, for now, long gone.

Reactions: Volatility
Heupel lets his foot off the gas once the game is in hand, so I don't see 70. Once it's 45-10 or so, expect EVERYONE to see playing time. Last year's 49-21 UCF win over GA Tech could have EASILY been 63-14, but most starters were pulled by early 4th quarter. Tech scored their last TD with just a minute left against 2nd -3rd teamers. In this first UT game, I'd hope he'd keep pedal to the metal til the final gun , as UT fans are thirsty for a convincing blowout! We need a FEELGOOD win to cleanse the palate after last year!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back