We need to put 70 on BG

If we are able, I’m not opposed to completely pummeling them. Might be a motivator for our team. I’d much rather start with a cupcake than some kickoff classic against a formidable opponent.

This is the first year in a while to be excited about the start of football season. At least there is hope for the future.

With Pruitt I had lost all hope for the future. I was so unhappy when Foolmer was made AD, but so happy when is "resigned". (and Pruitt fired )

Reactions: Alto1
If we put up several TDs in the first quarter and they haven't scored I'd say start rotating the QBs in and let them all get a quarter each and see how well they do. In the second half I'd say put all second string in and let them get the experience. Imo this is how all "cup cake" games should be played. Nothing beats in game experience and the more people we have that get that the better all around team we will have.

Then again I don't get paid millions to coach so I'm probably way off.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
For once in the past 30 or so years I'd really like to believe that maybe, just maybe, we finally have a coaching staff that can get the team prepared to play against inferior opponents so we don't play down to their level. That would sure be progress.

Progress? Geeze! That ought to be the minimum!

When is the last time we had a shutout? Let's get one of them. Might help give the defense some confidence.

Progress? Geeze! That ought to be the minimum!

You must have higher expectations than me? Believe me I want to be surprised and I see a team that takes care of business but I don't have pre-season blind faith anymore even in minor things. That's been thoroughly battered out of me over the years.

You must have higher expectations than me? Believe me I want to be surprised and I see a team that takes care of business but I don't have pre-season blind faith anymore even in minor things. That's been thoroughly battered out of me over the years.

Were it up to me, they would never play a cupcake again. No disrespect to Bowling Green, but as far as lower division teams go, they are just barely an acceptable opponent. But this nonsense of writing 6 or seven figure checks to play a one and done is dumb. This philosophy of playing three sacrificial lambs (whom often are not) and one "quality" program is backwards. If it causes Vanderbilt to go to the Big10 or ACC? So what? There are plenty of programs with better records over the past twenty years chomping at the bit to take their spot.

Of course I have higher expectations. Just because a few knuckleheads over there have had their heads up their backsides for far too long? They need a good kick in the pants that breaks their noses. Then, they will learn to pull them out and see the light of day.

VN Store

Back