Wednesday Practice Thread

You inverted the two middle letters of his name. He has no choice but to challenge you to sword fight... Waffle House.
Have to be on a Thursday night not wasting my weekend on whooping his a$$ lol

doesn't seem like the OL has improved a whole lot based on these reports
I'll say, what many of us are and have been thinking since the original hire. Was Friend hired simply because he was CJP's best friend? The fact that CJC has felt the need to step in and stay involved ever since, speaks volumes, unless u live under a rock, or with your head buried in the sand. Unless the OL improves drastically by seasons end, CJP will have no choice but to make a change after the season. Best friend or not, this is a results laden, big money business, not a best friends country club.

I'll say, what many of us are and have been thinking since the original hire. Was Friend hired simply because he was CJP's best friend? The fact that CJC has felt the need to step in and stay involved ever since, speaks volumes, unless u live under a rock, or with your head buried in the sand. Unless the OL improves drastically by seasons end, CJP will have no choice but to make a change after the season. Best friend or not, this is a results laden, big money business, not a best friends country club.
So because the man who oversees the entire offense steps in to help coach the most important position group on this team who is also the position group who needs a lot of help it means Friend isn’t qualified? What about CJP stepping in and coaching D-linemen? What does that show? Is Rocker on the hot seat? You can read it how you want. Our linemen, and most of the team was undersized and pushed around last year. No amount of coaching could have made up for that in this league. If a coach helps with a certain position group why can't it just be that? Also, if the O-line doesn’t improve drastically who does that reflect on? Friend? What about CJC since he stepped into help? And if the line performs above expectations will Friend get the credit or will it only fall to CJC?

Reactions: Golf freak
Sometimes input from another coach is better for the kids understanding of the kid getting better. As a coach, you are always seeking improvement. A new perspective is necessary for improvement. That is just coaching.

Pruitt Loves Elijah

Before ES got in his stance to pop the sled the second time , Pruitt leaned in and said something to him . You would probably have to bleep it all out but those are the fire you up , get more outta you times you want to hear . I guess in coach speak they would be “ inspirational phrases “ lol

So because the man who oversees the entire offense steps in to help coach the most important position group on this team who is also the position group who needs a lot of help it means Friend isn’t qualified? What about CJP stepping in and coaching D-linemen? What does that show? Is Rocker on the hot seat? You can read it how you want. Our linemen, and most of the team was undersized and pushed around last year. No amount of coaching could have made up for that in this league. If a coach helps with a certain position group why can't it just be that? Also, if the O-line doesn’t improve drastically who does that reflect on? Friend? What about CJC since he stepped into help? And if the line performs above expectations will Friend get the credit or will it only fall to CJC?
Agreed, but to TBH the bar is set low. If the offensive line can stalemate the LOS for like 3 seconds this season, that will be improvement.

Or maybe these coaches have a higher standard and even good or improved isnt good enough anymore. Constantly pushing for improvement is a good thing.
We'll see, but Chaney didn't start getting on their a** until after the scrimmages. That tells me the OL didn't play very well. Like everyone, I really hope we're better on the OL, it's just we've been so bad that I'm in see it to believe it mode personally.

We'll see, but Chaney didn't start getting on their a** until after the scrimmages. That tells me the OL didn't play very well. Like everyone, I really hope we're better on the OL, it's just we've been so bad that I'm in see it to believe it mode personally.

It could be our DL is a whoooooole lot better than people are willing to give them credit for this year as well making our OL look worse than what they actually are? Lots of variables, I just don't see how our DL or OL could be worse than last year's effort.

Am I the only one that is enjoying seeing the team working hard, coaches coaching...and not blasting music and the players dancing in between taking reps?

Want to complain about the line ? OC JC makes the line a priority , and I am sure the head coach and ol coach Friend agree and are working their butts off trying to change the bad coaching out of our linemen , instill a new culture into them , coach them up like they have never been coached before to make them as SEC ready as possible , but all this coaching to such a higher degree means the ol coach is bad ? I for one am as happy as can be to see it being done , and hope it keeps right on happening .

VN Store

Back