Weight room overhaul

Back in 1985, you didn't need a fancy weight room.

ImmenseReliableAurochs-size_restricted.gif

LOL! "Hearts on fire! Strong Desire..."

Reactions: 1 person
Okay I'll jump in here. Didn't the university spend a shat ton of $$$ on the weight room when DD was here? "it was first class, top of the shelf" blah, blah, blah.
So the Fitz doesn't like mirrors? Aright.

Just seems like an unnecessary spend. Hopefully it parlays into a 6-6 season.

Going to primarily free weights combined with functional movement exercises should *hopefully* address the insane injury bug we've struggled with lately. Squat, clean, bench, and sprints is what we need.

Reactions: 8 people
Going to primarily free weights combined with functional movement exercises should *hopefully* address the insane injury bug we've struggled with lately. Squat, clean, bench, and sprints is what we need.

Also... Its clear we are recruiting bigger players.. Bigger players smash smaller players...

Okay I'll jump in here. Didn't the university spend a shat ton of $$$ on the weight room when DD was here? "it was first class, top of the shelf" blah, blah, blah.

Zues,

They are inlaying the weight mats for the ability to lift and run/move around at the same time. Also, creating a wall ball "wall" which is great for the muscles in your knees etc. Throw the ball catch squat throw. He is evolving the weight room it seems for more free weights which is better for your stabilizers and better for strength in football. Honestly, it should help with a lot of the injuries we've sustained over the years and make our players less susceptible to certain injuries that have plagued our football team.

Reactions: 2 people
Also... Its clear we are recruiting bigger players.. Bigger players smash smaller players...

Not only are we recruiting bigger players our smaller players seem to be putting on some mass.... Thinking we didn't only get a S&C coach I am thinking we might have purchased a new nutritionist as well lol....

Zues also here is a picture from what the gym looked like previously, I had a better weight rack in my high school back in 2006... Have you seen some of these other universities? Their weightrooms are ridiculously nice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180425-112216.jpg
    Screenshot_20180425-112216.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 348
For those who are wondering I would expect our weightrooms to look something like this, but probably nicer. This is USCs current weightroom. With the platform inlays etc. I would also expect more free weights then what is in this picture.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 44
I'm sure everyone wants the biggest, strongest players out there. I'm sure we are trying to recruit these guys. Where is the evidence that we have any chance of succeeding, which means outdoing all the other teams in the East on a consistent basis? It sure doesn't rest in a "ball wall." Fulmer loves that fans are eating this up, though.

Zues,

They are inlaying the weight mats for the ability to lift and run/move around at the same time. Also, creating a wall ball "wall" which is great for the muscles in your knees etc. Throw the ball catch squat throw. He is evolving the weight room it seems for more free weights which is better for your stabilizers and better for strength in football. Honestly, it should help with a lot of the injuries we've sustained over the years and make our players less susceptible to certain injuries that have plagued our football team.

Stop.

There is no S or C methodology which can be proven to directly affect injury rates. The reason is that the subject is not quantifiable.

Simply, it is a guessing game based on the measurable gains in strength, power and plyometric capabilities. The correlation between "gains" and injury probabilities is suggested but unproven and never will be in any sporting activity that incorporates collision, explosive movements and multi-athlete participation.

I'm sure everyone wants the biggest, strongest players out there. I'm sure we are trying to recruit these guys. Where is the evidence that we have any chance of succeeding, which means outdoing all the other teams in the East on a consistent basis? It sure doesn't rest in a "ball wall." Fulmer loves that fans are eating this up, though.

Where do you get “rests” in this story. Reads like anything but.

If our S&C coach feels our stuff needs to be updated I'll take his word for it. He knows better than anyone what is needed.

Stop.

There is no S or C methodology which can be proven to directly affect injury rates. The reason is that the subject is not quantifiable.

Simply, it is a guessing game based on the measurable gains in strength, power and plyometric capabilities. The correlation between "gains" and injury probabilities is suggested but unproven and never will be in any sporting activity that incorporates collision, explosive movements and multi-athlete participation.

Yea. Our boys were getting injured due to the lack of properly working out and practicing not because of certain workouts

Stop.

Well, since we lack the encounter group and pie charts you seem to want to bring in, I offer this; These are the changes Fitzgerald asked for. If they don't trust the man's judgement, why did they hire him? I submit if you are going to trust him with the strength and conditioning of your players, you give him the tools he requires to do his job. Forget looking at methodology or plyometric capabilities (whatever the Hell that is). That would be nonsensical questions the old board might kick around. Keep it simple. Trust your hires. Give them the tools they need. And don't let the bean counters screw it up.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back