Weight room overhaul

If I had a dollar, every time one of you said this, about every coach and assistant we've had the past 10 years, I'd be rich!

No you wouldn’t. If you based your investment strategy on what you read HERE? :)

Stop.

There is no S or C methodology which can be proven to directly affect injury rates. The reason is that the subject is not quantifiable.

Simply, it is a guessing game based on the measurable gains in strength, power and plyometric capabilities. The correlation between "gains" and injury probabilities is suggested but unproven and never will be in any sporting activity that incorporates collision, explosive movements and multi-athlete participation.

True or False that we have had more non contact injuries the past 5 years than you have ever seen? Maybe its bad luck or maybe karma. At the end of the day though I think I will trust a proven S&C coach over an internet msg board guru. I never saw the actual weight room previously. Although after listening to the video the new set up will be similar to AL. Just for reference AL's weight room was renovated last year again with new equipment and a slightly different set up.

This is like our fifth weight room overhaul in a decade promising to deliver the best football minded athletes in the country. I’m oozing with excitement over here

Reactions: 6 people
I'm more excited than if we'd kept the others.

At this point I dont know how much to put on the S&C coach(es). Everyone has a different S&C philosophy and we’ve sucked for a long time. I’m not getting excited until we start winning on Saturdays in the fall. It’s a cliche answer I know, but I can promise you I’m actually living that belief this time around. The introductory interview did nothing for me (I got blasted on here for bringing up how similar some of TCHFCATUTK’s comments were to previous coaches), the recruiting class hurt my faith if anything, and this spring has just been going through the motions. Pruitt (and his staff) deserves every opportunity to prove himself and his style, I’m not against him. I just haven’t found a real reason to be excited yet.

attachment.php
Zues also here is a picture from what the gym looked like previously, I had a better weight rack in my high school back in 2006... Have you seen some of these other universities? Their weightrooms are ridiculously nice.

Surely that picture represents a small clip of what the weight room actually looked like.

Again I ask, did we not rebuild the weight room when dools was here to be one of if not the best in the league at the time?
You're telling me in that period of time we went down to this small picture you posted?

http://www.volnation.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=156114&d=1524669901

Please sell the old equipment!

My gym needs upgraded bad and a UT theme would be awesome.

Going to primarily free weights combined with functional movement exercises should *hopefully* address the insane injury bug we've struggled with lately. Squat, clean, bench, and sprints is what we need.

All anyone needs to be honest.

I would like see school records up on the wall.. For Example nobody will beat Jacques McClendan's Bench press of 645 Lbs....Crazy Strong

At this point I dont know how much to put on the S&C coach(es). Everyone has a different S&C philosophy and we’ve sucked for a long time. I’m not getting excited until we start winning on Saturdays in the fall. It’s a cliche answer I know, but I can promise you I’m actually living that belief this time around. The introductory interview did nothing for me (I got blasted on here for bringing up how similar some of TCHFCATUTK’s comments were to previous coaches), the recruiting class hurt my faith if anything, and this spring has just been going through the motions. Pruitt (and his staff) deserves every opportunity to prove himself and his style, I’m not against him. I just haven’t found a real reason to be excited yet.

I get it, but I'm just different. I enjoy getting excited, even if I know, or think it won't turn out the way I hope. Not just with football.

Not telling you anything you don't know, but life is full of disappointments and I never know where they're going to come from. So I just try to enjoy everything as best as I can.

Reactions: 8 people
If I had a dollar, every time one of you said this, about every coach and assistant we've had the past 10 years, I'd be rich!

Maybe if the S&C coach wasn't considered an expendable member of the staff instead of the most important, we might not have had to read about the accolades of this year's coach. Can't have stable results when you change coaches every year.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back