Welcome Assistants!! (OFFICIALLY)

If this becomes official this could be huge both assistants have SEC experience but are young hungry energetic coaches.

Both appear to be good recruiters. I wonder how this might open doors to some transfers.

I wonder how involved Lazo is with the recruitment of the portal visitors miss State just had with HVL and others.

As previously mentioned Roman Tubner at Alabama may have been involved in Zay Green to Bama.

Not saying it causes flips but may open doors for us.
HVL was only involved with Purcell at Louisville

I'm sorry and not trying to be whatever but u still need a black female coach on staff, so the black players can relate yes u have a female coach but its not the same
Completely agree. I know people don’t like to see color but it’s here and it’s just not going anywhere. Especially in today’s age.

I do however LOVE these current hires. I was so worried we weren’t going to get any experience, but she won me over a little with these additions. I have to admit, it’s a little refreshing to see new faces. I just hope it comes with fresh ideas and schemes.

Completely agree. I know people don’t like to see color but it’s here and it’s just not going anywhere. Especially in today’s age.that

I do however LOVE these current hires. I was so worried we weren’t going to get any experience, but she won me over a little with these additions. I have to admit, it’s a little refreshing to see new faces. I just hope it comes with fresh ideas and schemes.
One of the big benefits of a new hire is generating excitement and buzz over a fresh start and new potential. Outside of the immediate big orange media bubble, however, the buzz around CKC's hire was more "WHO? WHAT? HOW?" REALLY? than "Wow, something big is happening at Tennessee." Kentucky got that buzz with the Brooks hire. These two new assistants I think will change the conversation because they suddenly makes CKC and the program look like a magnet. If this new staff signs at least one "WHOAAA" player from the portal, the whole narrative around the LVs will change in a big way that would not have been possible if Kellie were still at the helm.

Last edited:
Completely agree. I know people don’t like to see color but it’s here and it’s just not going anywhere. Especially in today’s age.

Gross. There is not and never should be a reserved spot on the coaching staff for: black woman. The best candidates should get the roles. It's that simple.

Skin deep my friend

Southern White Woman, Midwestern White Woman, Southern Black Male, First Gen Cuban American Male
Glad we're not playing race card here....oops the poster did. Players will gravitate at some schools to race similar. Remember last year Deons plea to player? "Don't you want to play for a coach who looks like you?. Players want to play for coaches they can relate on bball skills and personable.

Now, actually players will be developed and coached. Lady Vol peeps you need to be patient and enjoy the show.
Some did develop and some didn't apparently like or decide to apply teaching. Thanks for bringing up the past negativity(blue font).

Glad we're not playing race card here....oops the poster did. Players will gravitate at some schools to race similar. Remember last year Deons plea to player? "Don't you want to play for a coach who looks like you?. Players want to play for coaches they can relate on bball skills and personable.

"Players will gravitate at some schools to race similar."

Does that also apply to coaches? Fans?

Reactions: grayshill
HVL was seen at the MSU/Lady Vols softball game this weekend. So does the MSU coach have any pull for her to come our way? Or do you know?
Didn’t Mulkey say she wants to go back to her position, so u want her if Jewel leaves or a backup if she stays?

VN Store

Back