What’s Georgia thinking now?

So the Dawgs lost by 3 with their top two targets, Bowers and McConkey, limping on and off the field, not to mention a missed call that wasn't even reviewed that would have ended a Bama touchdown drive.

After a questionable 3-point loss, we fell from #1 to #6? How ridiculous.

Everyone knows Michigan, Texas, or Washington wouldn't have matched up with Georgia well.

I guess the committee has now sold everybody on the 12-team playoff.
I love it when that whinny fanbase desperately seeks validation.

Trash program. Neediest fans in sports.

And an athletic building named after a skid mark.

Seems all is right in the world.

UGA is actually catching a huge break. Sabin retiring has Bama in a whirlwind. The best time to beat them will be next year. You could say that this is true for us as well except that we ALWAYS play Bama.

Most successful CFB program in the 2020s, so I don't think Georgia "desperately seeks validation." That would be like Michael Jordan trying to convince people he's good at basketball... Pointless because it's already evident and accepted.

A program so "trash" they, once again, signed the #1 recruiting class.

Kids literally taking less NIL money to go to Georgia to get developed and be a part of a winning culture.

As long as Kirby is the head coach, the Dawgs will be a threat to win the natty every year.

Most successful CFB program in the 2020s, so I don't think Georgia "desperately seeks validation." That would be like Michael Jordan trying to convince people he's good at basketball... Pointless because it's already evident and accepted.

A program so "trash" they, once again, signed the #1 recruiting class.

Kids literally taking less NIL money to go to Georgia to get developed and be a part of a winning culture.

As long as Kirby is the head coach, the Dawgs will be a threat to win the natty every year.
Awww....another uga fan desperately seeking validation on an opponent's board.

If it weren't pitiful, it would almost be cute!

Trash program, neediest fanbase in sports. And you're helping prove that.

Go back to your board with 'Dogs' spelled incorrectly in the name and I'm sure y'all can circle jerk yourselves into feeling all uga-proud.

But here? Trash program. Neediest fanbase in sports.

Awww....another uga fan desperately seeking validation on an opponent's board.

If it weren't pitiful, it would almost be cute!

Trash program, neediest fanbase in sports. And you're helping prove that.

Go back to your board with 'Dogs' spelled incorrectly in the name and I'm sure y'all can circle jerk yourselves into feeling all uga-proud.

But here? Trash program. Neediest fanbase in sports.

Is this a joevol33 troll account to get around the ignore feature?

kirby smart laughing.gif

Reactions: Nooga
Is this a joevol33 troll account?

View attachment 613361

Naah, just a Vol fan who tires of uga fans who feel a need to come to a Tennessee board to try and thump their chest about their trash program.

The day I go to one of your misspelled 'Dog' boards and demand respect for Tennessee, you will have room to talk. But I don't. Because that would be silly and pitiful.

Kind of like uga fans doing it here.

I don't care how many NCs you win, your program has no traditions or identity. You share your colors and mascot with half the high schools in the nation, you stole your helmet design from Green Bay, no one outside of Athens knows your fight song, or if you even have one, and your athletic building is named after a skid mark. I could go on.

No. One. Cares. About. Your. "Program".

And before that?
2023 Dawgs 38 Vols 10
2022 Dawgs 27 Vols 13
2021 Dawgs 41 Vols 17
2020 Dawgs 44 Vols 21
2019 Dawgs 43 Vols 14
2018 Dawgs 38 Vols 12
2017 Dawgs 41 Vols 0
2016 Dawgs 31 Vols 34
2015 Dawgs 31 Vols 38
2014 Dawgs 35 Vols 32
2013 Dawgs 34 Vols 31
2012 Dawgs 51 Vols 44
2011 Dawgs 20 Vols 12
2010 Dawgs 41 Vols 12
georgiagirls.jpg

2023 Dawgs 38 Vols 10
2022 Dawgs 27 Vols 13
2021 Dawgs 41 Vols 17
2020 Dawgs 44 Vols 21
2019 Dawgs 43 Vols 14
2018 Dawgs 38 Vols 12
2017 Dawgs 41 Vols 0
2016 Dawgs 31 Vols 34
2015 Dawgs 31 Vols 38
2014 Dawgs 35 Vols 32
2013 Dawgs 34 Vols 31
2012 Dawgs 51 Vols 44
2011 Dawgs 20 Vols 12
2010 Dawgs 41 Vols 12
View attachment 613374

Woody.jpg

2023 Dawgs 38 Vols 10
2022 Dawgs 27 Vols 13
2021 Dawgs 41 Vols 17
2020 Dawgs 44 Vols 21
2019 Dawgs 43 Vols 14
2018 Dawgs 38 Vols 12
2017 Dawgs 41 Vols 0
2016 Dawgs 31 Vols 34
2015 Dawgs 31 Vols 38
2014 Dawgs 35 Vols 32
2013 Dawgs 34 Vols 31
2012 Dawgs 51 Vols 44
2011 Dawgs 20 Vols 12
2010 Dawgs 41 Vols 12
View attachment 613374
Way to change the subject to record versus only UT. I will admit UT has been down but UGA has only been the end all be all for 3 years. UT on way up and with Portal, NIL and CFP12 it is a new world moving forward.

But you can start working on the 3-peat that all the UGA fans claimed were a sure thing because you were unbeatable…Guess they were wrong!

A429244A-F889-4AB8-8BFB-24FD86F031DF.jpeg

Way to change the subject to record versus only UT. I will admit UT has been down but UGA has only been the end all be all for 3 years. UT on way up and with Portal, NIL and CFP12 it is a new world moving forward.

But you can start working on the 3-peat that all the UGA fans claimed were a sure thing because you were unbeatable…Guess they were wrong!

Would agree Tenn is on the way up in general but probably not against the Dawgs.

Yes, with NIL/portal, it will make long-term dominance much more difficult -- much of why Saban retired.

There are no sure things in CFB, but Kirby has built a machine with a powerful future.

Reactions: VolTull
UGA opened with Oregon in 2022 and Clemson in 2021, both of which finished as top-15 teams. It played a home/home with Notre Dame in 2017 and 2019. UGA played 10 P5 games all of those years. 2023 was a soft schedule with the Oklahoma game cancelled, but it was an outlier.
Sec schedules. They’ve played good teams non con. But their SEC schedules have been weak with Tenn, Auburn & Fla all down

Not sure if Vol fans can talk trash against Georgia unless you want to point out that all UGA has is Football while Tennessee is well rounded in all sports right now (granted UGA basketball hasn't been that bad this year).

However, trolling aside, I am curious to see if Kirby keeps it up or if he starts to struggle in new format. His model is the Saban system and it was having kinks in it.

What made Saban so successful was how well he adjusted to keep winning over a long stretch of time. Pete Carroll wasn't able to do it (the later years at USC were decent but no where near Leinart/Bush run); Bob Stoops was not able to do this (after 2000-2004 stretch, they struggled to get back), Fulmer was not able to do it (after 2001 struggled), Spurrier was not able to do it (after Danny Wuerffel left, UF was never as strong), etc. Only the true elite coaches keep it running and most don't continue to win titles. Even some of the more long-standing runs like Bobby Bowden at FSU, Joe Paterno at Penn State, Berry Switzer at Oklahoma, etc. have dips.

Dabo Swinney's regime is running out of gas at Clemson as well. Can Smart keep it up now that some of his core team that brought him the back to back titles is gone? Sure recruiting class looks great on paper but so did Fulmer's classes during his dip, Pete Carrol's during his dip, and so on and so forth. Great sports dynasties have these core players and once they move on, they start to weaken.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I do note that the uga fan (not DirtyDawg who is generally pretty cool) desperately seeking validation has gone silent. Amazing that opposing fans don't really have the patience to try and help uga fans feel good about their trash program.

Seething? Hardly. Frustrated, sure. But things aren’t slowing down in Athens yet. We missed a chance at a historic 3-peat, and that sucks. Only ourselves to blame there. But when people are treating 13-1 and a top 4 ranking + a top recruiting class as a pretty massive disappointment, you see how high the standard has been raised. Kirby won’t have to manufacture the underdog narrative even though his team is the odds on favorite to win it all in 2024. That’s… crazy.
Go. Away.

Not sure if Vol fans can talk trash against Georgia unless you want to point out that all UGA has is Football while Tennessee is well rounded in all sports right now (granted UGA basketball hasn't been that bad this year).

However, trolling aside, I am curious to see if Kirby keeps it up or if he starts to struggle in new format. His model is the Saban system and it was having kinks in it.

What made Saban so successful was how well he adjusted to keep winning over a long stretch of time. Pete Carroll wasn't able to do it (the later years at USC were decent but no where near Leinart/Bush run); Bob Stoops was not able to do this (after 2000-2004 stretch, they struggled to get back), Fulmer was not able to do it (after 2001 struggled), Spurrier was not able to do it (after Danny Wuerffel left, UF was never as strong), etc. Only the true elite coaches keep it running and most don't continue to win titles. Even some of the more long-standing runs like Bobby Bowden at FSU, Joe Paterno at Penn State, Berry Switzer at Oklahoma, etc. have dips.

Dabo Swinney's regime is running out of gas at Clemson as well. Can Smart keep it up now that some of his core team that brought him the back to back titles is gone? Sure recruiting class looks great on paper but so did Fulmer's classes during his dip, Pete Carrol's during his dip, and so on and so forth. Great sports dynasties have these core players and once they move on, they start to weaken.
I disagree. what made saban successful is that he developed an institutional system that was unbreakable. It is that he recruited better than anyone, by a lot, and made star athletes forgo immediate playing time elsewhere to bake in his system, which was rigid and consistent so that the product was dependable, not missing a beat and talented and disciplined enough to overcome bad days, highly motivated teams, unique schemes, etc etc. Saban had an institution, with unconditional and seemingly unlimited buyin from the university/city/etc, similar to that of current uga/mich/osu, that enabled him to cheat and influence at will, creating a stronger system than even that of the Alabama high school farm system of the 1900s that piled wins for them enough to firmly plant them in the top 10 wins total of all time. That’s what made him successful. Kirby and UGA have followed the blueprint pretty flawlessly I would add, begrudgingly. Few have gotten that level of buyin. Spurrier and Urban Meyer led Floridas come to mind within my life time, though the reigns did not last as long due to what I would assume were ncaa relevant and unavoidable circumstances. Same with Pete Carroll at USC. Jim Harbaugh here recently at Mich. Coaches running from violations. OSU at various times. The “U” in its prime, re: cargo gear wearing era. 90s Tennessee and Nebraska maybe. I would need help drawing on farther back than the late 80s, much before my time. Point is Nick Saban never got caught. Nobody ever stepped on his toes. The buyin he got had no holes and knew no bounds. That in and of itself allowed him to adapt however he wanted to the game. He’s never had an equally talented opponent, minus Kirby now, and maybe urban Meyer at uf.

Last edited:
Reactions: MemphisVol77
Sec schedules. They’ve played good teams non con. But their SEC schedules have been weak with Tenn, Auburn & Fla all down
Fair enough, though I think the real point is that UGA has avoided Bama in the regular season.

I disagree. what made saban successful is that he developed an institutional system that was unbreakable. It is that he recruited better than anyone, by a lot, and made star athletes forgo immediate playing time elsewhere to bake in his system, which was rigid and consistent so that the product was dependable, not missing a beat and talented and disciplined enough to overcome bad days, highly motivated teams, unique schemes, etc etc. Saban had an institution, with unconditional and seemingly unlimited buyin from the university/city/etc, similar to that of current uga/mich/osu, that enabled him to cheat and influence at will, creating a stronger system than even that of the Alabama high school farm system of the 1900s that piled wins for them enough to firmly plant them in the top 10 wins total of all time. That’s what made him successful. Kirby and UGA have followed the blueprint pretty flawlessly I would add, begrudgingly. Few have gotten that level of buyin. Spurrier and Urban Meyer led Floridas come to mind within my life time, though the reigns did not last as long due to what I would assume were ncaa relevant and unavoidable circumstances. Same with Pete Carroll at USC. Jim Harbaugh here recently at Mich. Coaches running from violations. OSU at various times. The “U” in its prime, re: cargo gear wearing era. 90s Tennessee and Nebraska maybe. I would need help drawing on farther back than the late 80s, much before my time. Point is Nick Saban never got caught. Nobody ever stepped on his toes. The buyin he got had no holes and knew no bounds. That in and of itself allowed him to adapt however he wanted to the game. He’s never had an equally talented opponent, minus Kirby now, and maybe urban Meyer at uf.

He still had to adjust. Look at Alabama's offenses from 2007-2012 and then from 2013-2020, etc. The offenses changed a lot during that span. He started out with QBs under center and that is basically a nonoccurrence today. Saban, masterfully, kept the system you described but matched it to the times as well. He kept adjusting. I think he would have adjusted, eventually, to NIL as well but at 72, it was probably not desirable.

NIL is a major change as it attacks his very system as there is now a HUGE temptation for players to leave and they are in droves right now. Georgia has lost players as well since NIL and the Transfer Portal (it took both, one or the other would not have changed things). It hasn't been too impactful with Georgia and I tend to lean towards Georgia adjusting but it will have to be seen.

Reactions: ptcarter
He still had to adjust. Look at Alabama's offenses from 2007-2012 and then from 2013-2020, etc. The offenses changed a lot during that span. He started out with QBs under center and that is basically a nonoccurrence today. Saban, masterfully, kept the system you described but matched it to the times as well. He kept adjusting. I think he would have adjusted, eventually, to NIL as well but at 72, it was probably not desirable.

NIL is a major change as it attacks his very system as there is now a HUGE temptation for players to leave and they are in droves right now. Georgia has lost players as well since NIL and the Transfer Portal (it took both, one or the other would not have changed things). It hasn't been too impactful with Georgia and I tend to lean towards Georgia adjusting but it will have to be seen.
Kirby is going to have battles Saban never did. Players aren't as loyal to a school as they once were, and are more loyal to a coach or NIL $. In this age of instant gratification (I call it Amazon Prime), all it will take is two, maybe three seasons back to back with 4 or 5 losses, and the shine comes off. I think the idea of baking a system into a 5 star and having him wait won't work anymore (unless NIL money is there for him to bake).

Good players want on the field and until recently, once you signed that letter of intent, you were stuck and it was an easy argument to convince a player he needed to wait until the superman on the field was drafted. Now, they can just go find someone that has a need to open the checkbook and that player is gone.

As for ranking recruiting classes after national signing day - that's going to be watered down as well. I wish someone would crunch the numbers - take Bamas last 3 recruiting classes rank, and then re-rank that class with those that are haven't "portaled" and then add the new players that have transferred in. This isn't the time of year to make those rankings, but after the portal has closed and the season about to start. "National Signing Day" isn't what it used to be.

Apologies for being all over the road on this post.

Georgia losing to Alabama is simply an indication that Kirby can have the best talent in football and still lose to good, but not outstanding, football team.

VN Store

Back