What are the expectations on the year?

Find five ladies who love to play defense and rebound the basketball for 40 minutes. Holly is fine. Pat chose her and I back Pat.

Reactions: 3 people
Boxer - thanks. I guess I have a broader definition for 'Elite' than some in this discussion. Most years in WCBB there are really only a few teams that are true contenders for a NC - last year ... 2, the year before maybe 3, the year before maybe 4. And every 5 years or so there is a surprise entrant. I do not limit 'Elite' to those teams, but include most of the teams that live in the top 10-12 of ranking every year. They are the teams that compete for the best recruits, compete for the conference championships and live in the second weekend of the NCAA. By my definition TN remains Elite and has been for 30 years. What they haven't done in the last 6 years is really compete for an NC. That kind of drought is hard on fans but not that unusual for Elite programs - Uconn had one after Taurasi left and ND had a ten year run after their last championship. SC hasn't yet arrived at Elite status - they are real contenders for an NC but this is a two year phenomenon and the question is can they sustain. LSU used to be Elite, but they have fallen away.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back