What did you just finish reading?

Finished Mickey 7 and the sequel Antimatter Blues. Really enjoy this author.

Recently finished Fire & Blood by G.R.R. Martin. I havent read any of his other books but my take away from his writing style in this one is he writes exactly how he looks..like a dude who says "m'lady" to women in real life while wearing a goofy hat. It was ok.

Just finished The Guest by Emma Cline. She is a helluva writer, lean and yet flows nice. Just didnt care too much about the protagonist and the ending was definitely open for interpretation.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Just finished "The Fall of the House of Zues" about Dickie Scruggs, the tort lawyer from Mississippi.

Reactions: Orange.
@Orange_Crush or @Orange. - a while back one of you commented on the Book of Job and mentioned a modern re-write/dramatization of it. What was that? I know the Coen brothers did A Serious Man. What was the one you referenced?

I’m reading Harold Kushner’s book on Job. It’s really good.

@Orange_Crush or @Orange. - a while back one of you commented on the Book of Job and mentioned a modern re-write/dramatization of it. What was that? I know the Coen brothers did A Serious Man. What was the one you referenced?

I’m reading Harold Kushner’s book on Job. It’s really good.
I don't remember, but I've read it. It's a play (1958) called J.B. by Archibald MacLeish. I don't recall being particularly impressed by J.B.. but it's short, and it may be better than I remember. I read it as an assigned freshman text. I've never read Kushner. Have you ever read Leon Kass's The Beginning of Wisdom?

Last edited:
Reactions: franklinpence
I don't remember, but I've read it. It's a play (1958) called J.B. by Archibald MacLeish. I don't recall being particularly impressed by J.B.. but it's short, and it may be better than I remember. I read it as an assigned freshman text. I've never read Kushner. Have you ever read Leon Kass's The Beginning of Wisdom?
Kushner is worth the read. I haven’t read Kass. I’ll pick it up.

Just finished "The Fall of the House of Zues" about Dickie Scruggs, the tort lawyer from Mississippi.
If you liked it, Mississippi Mud: Southern Justice and the Dixie Mafia (about Biloxi) and Cadaver King and the Country Dentist (2 docs and their defective forensic "science" scheme) are worth reading.

Last edited:
If you liked it, Mississippi Mud: Southern Justice and the Dixie Mafia (about Biloxi) and Cadaver King and the Country Dentist (2 docs and their defective forensic "science" scheme) are worth reading.
Mississippi Mud is a really good read.

In the Red Clay is a good podcast. About the Dixie Mafia in Winder, GA.

VN Store

Back