What did you just finish reading?

Finished Mickey 7 and the sequel Antimatter Blues. Really enjoy this author.

Recently finished Fire & Blood by G.R.R. Martin. I havent read any of his other books but my take away from his writing style in this one is he writes exactly how he looks..like a dude who says "m'lady" to women in real life while wearing a goofy hat. It was ok.

Just finished The Guest by Emma Cline. She is a helluva writer, lean and yet flows nice. Just didnt care too much about the protagonist and the ending was definitely open for interpretation.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Just finished "The Fall of the House of Zues" about Dickie Scruggs, the tort lawyer from Mississippi.

Reactions: Orange.
@Orange_Crush or @Orange. - a while back one of you commented on the Book of Job and mentioned a modern re-write/dramatization of it. What was that? I know the Coen brothers did A Serious Man. What was the one you referenced?

I’m reading Harold Kushner’s book on Job. It’s really good.

@Orange_Crush or @Orange. - a while back one of you commented on the Book of Job and mentioned a modern re-write/dramatization of it. What was that? I know the Coen brothers did A Serious Man. What was the one you referenced?

I’m reading Harold Kushner’s book on Job. It’s really good.
I don't remember, but I've read it. It's a play (1958) called J.B. by Archibald MacLeish. I don't recall being particularly impressed by J.B.. but it's short, and it may be better than I remember. I read it as an assigned freshman text. I've never read Kushner. Have you ever read Leon Kass's The Beginning of Wisdom?

Last edited:
Reactions: franklinpence
I don't remember, but I've read it. It's a play (1958) called J.B. by Archibald MacLeish. I don't recall being particularly impressed by J.B.. but it's short, and it may be better than I remember. I read it as an assigned freshman text. I've never read Kushner. Have you ever read Leon Kass's The Beginning of Wisdom?
Kushner is worth the read. I haven’t read Kass. I’ll pick it up.

Just finished "The Fall of the House of Zues" about Dickie Scruggs, the tort lawyer from Mississippi.
If you liked it, Mississippi Mud: Southern Justice and the Dixie Mafia (about Biloxi) and Cadaver King and the Country Dentist (2 docs and their defective forensic "science" scheme) are worth reading.

Last edited:
I finished my chronological Bible a couple months ago, started over in a standard Bible and am now early in Psalms. Reading Job while having a recent diagnosis of ulcerative colitis was powerful.

Also reading a CISSP exam study guide and an A+ exam study guide. CISSP book is pretty intimidating.

If you liked it, Mississippi Mud: Southern Justice and the Dixie Mafia (about Biloxi) and Cadaver King and the Country Dentist (2 docs and their defective forensic "science" scheme) are worth reading.
Thank you for the recommendation.

VN Store

Back