What Other Message Boards Are Saying: Arkansas State Edition

I grew up in Knoxville and I am a UT grad. I now live near Jonesboro. When the Vols have an off week I usually attend Arkansas State games. I think they have gone to 3 or 4 bowl games in a row. It is not SEC football, but they play exciting football for their conference.
Trooper Taylor is their db coach and his son is a freshman cb and returner. Jonesboro is a growing university city.

All that being said the Vols are going to roll them by at least 21. GBO!!!

Goodnes I feel old. I remember watching that kid hang out on the field and go through some drills during pre game while Tropper was coaching here.

They really want to leave previous years alone (especially ones coached by Dooley) or else we might bring up Memphis, W Kentucky and possibly GA State.

Memphis beat the absolute dog @#$# out of them last year.

I wish Freak was that tough sometimes. I am tired of UF, Bama, UGA, LSU and ARK fans on this board.

Most of them add a different perspective and I enjoy having them around. Don't get we wrong their are a few (mostly of Bama persuasion) who are clowns and need to go away.

I wish Freak was that tough sometimes. I am tired of UF, Bama, UGA, LSU and ARK fans on this board.

I couldn't agree more! I hate interacting with anyone who doesn't share my world view, interests, etc. I assign a great deal of meaning to every comment from every person I happen to come across, and when someone offers an opinion that has the slightest hint of anything that could be construed as disagreement with my rigid, dogmatic, narrow-minded mentality, every fiber of my being instantaneously erupts into a fit of rage that can only be cured by a circle jerk with self-affirming friends. I hope Freak heeds our advice; we at VN should learn from other sites and take ourselves much more seriously.

Reactions: 3 people
I was joking. I couldn't believe the fans that went on the USU site to talk smack. The only thing that was as embarrassing was the fan that was being nice trying to fish for compliments.

seeing how many ut fans made accounts and posted on the USU board for a whole freaking month was just ridiculous. embarrassing. I don't care if you aren't even talking trash just stick to your own board for gods sake. if they wanted a vols opinion they would go to volnation themselves.

I love seeing these threads. They are doubting us. Well keep doubting us.mid rather our freshman play with a chip on their shoulder and be pissed when game time comes. Go vols

Gettin pretty bad over there boys.

gotdacaptain wrote: Yeah they are a little over confident hopefully there team is too. Utah state beat themselves. Arkansas state won't be very much slower then tennesse. Utah st looked like they were running in slow motion against UT.

Why do you guys even give two s**ts what these uneducated hillbillies have to say about us? Who cares.

TN looked good but not unbeatable. I am hoping for dogfight on Saturday.
If we control the tempo, no mistakes, and catch a turnover ...I like our chances

Ky is going beat TN this yr..

After a UT poster said for them to be realistic because their chances were minimal in this one:
I wouldn't say minimal bc let's be honest your not auburn. The speed Arkansas state can put on the field will be very close if not even to what Tennessee can. That's not a shot at Tennessee but a shot at Utah st. Malzahn and freeze left the cupboard full of athletes. Should be a good game unless injuries alter outcome.

And this did it in for me:

The team we sent over there in '07 lost by 21. UT was the SEC East champions that year. We were 5-7, and took a bigger beatdown at home to Troy than we did in Knoxville. We are light years better than we were seven years ago, while they are not as good as then. Does this mean we'll win? No, but it doesn't mean we have no shot, either. Quite the contrary, actually. To suggest otherwise is stupid, which is why I am not surprised at all at the typical SEC t-shirt fan comments that have been cropped into this thread for some reason. They are hog fans wearing orange..... Y'know, the guys who made similar comments two years ago just before being silenced by Kolton Browning....who, by the way, never could beat Arkansas State.....

In my OP of this thread I said I liked their fanbase. I'm done with that. The unrealistic ones came out of the wood works slinging insults and talking about how bad Tennessee is. Screw it, let's embarrass them like we embarrassed the team that's ALSO going to embarrass them in a few weeks.

Pretty weak IMO

No disrespect but I don't care what you think. Most of these fans from other teams are usually just here to stir the pot and troll. I personally don't like them. I don't go to other teams message boards so I don't feel they belong here.

No disrespect but I don't care what you think. Most of these fans from other teams are usually just here to stir the pot and troll. I personally don't like them. I don't go to other teams message boards so I don't feel they belong here.

I'm generally inclined to agree with you. I don't have the same tolerance these other posters have for some of the Bama/Florida frequent posters that are here. It seems anytime any of us try to blow Tennessee up "too much" they have to step in and casually point out our recent record, recent streaks against their teams, or recent posts/threads that were made where we though we could win and we were wrong. I seem to have a knack for noticing subtle jabs, even when other UT fans don't catch them.

Obviously I spend a lot of time on other teams' boards, but I never post and I certainly never troll. I don't even sign up for accounts there. I don't belong there and I can bring nothing good to their boards.

*disclaimer: Ok I did sign up for Vandymania once. I couldn't help it. Right after they hired Derek Mason a Vandy poster on their board said (to paraphrase): "Make no mistake. Butch Jones is scared to death of Derek Mason. He knows he will likely struggle to win a game against Vandy now. We have made a home run hire with more credibility than he has, and that puts his career in jeopardy"

I'm sorry but I had to chime in on that one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I'm generally inclined to agree with you. I don't have the same tolerance these other posters have for some of the Bama/Florida frequent posters that are here. It seems anytime any of us try to blow Tennessee up "too much" they have to step in and casually point out our recent record, recent streaks against their teams, or recent posts/threads that were made where we though we could win and we were wrong. I seem to have a knack for noticing subtle jabs, even when other UT fans don't catch them.

Obviously I spend a lot of time on other teams' boards, but I never post and I certainly never troll. I don't even sign up for accounts there. I don't belong there and I can bring nothing good to their boards.

*disclaimer: Ok I did sign up for Vandymania once. I couldn't help it. Right after they hired Derek Mason a Vandy poster on their board said (to paraphrase): "Make no mistake. Butch Jones is scared to death of Derek Mason. He knows he will likely struggle to win a game against Vandy now. We have made a home run hire with more credibility than he has, and that puts his career in jeopardy"

I'm sorry but I had to chime in on that one.

I'm in the intolerant club as well.

Screw 'em all.

When push comes to shove all they want to do is troll. Even if they act friendly at first.

I couldn't agree more! I hate interacting with anyone who doesn't share my world view, interests, etc. I assign a great deal of meaning to every comment from every person I happen to come across, and when someone offers an opinion that has the slightest hint of anything that could be construed as disagreement with my rigid, dogmatic, narrow-minded mentality, every fiber of my being instantaneously erupts into a fit of rage that can only be cured by a circle jerk with self-affirming friends. I hope Freak heeds our advice; we at VN should learn from other sites and take ourselves much more seriously.

How DARE you???? So mad.... butt clenched....rabble rabble rabble...

/blue font

seeing how many ut fans made accounts and posted on the USU board for a whole freaking month was just ridiculous. embarrassing. I don't care if you aren't even talking trash just stick to your own board for gods sake. if they wanted a vols opinion THEY WOULD GO TO VOLNATION THEMSELVES!

And they do...a LOT...so we can't RETORT?...harsh set of rules you got for us there Griff. :glare: Personally I like siccing sjt loose on other message boards...sands down some of his rough edges. :aggressive:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back