What Other Message Boards Are Saying: Mizzou Edition

Agree with backing into a good season this year.

I don't think anyone really "lucks into" or "backs into" winning 12 games in a given year in a major conference though...I say that for any team.

We know. Second post. Your first got the point across.

-There is a thread titled "Volnation extremely confident of blowout Saturday"..... not sure what they're referencing. I haven't seen too much talk like that from our fans.

Maybe they are referring to Freak's UT/Mizzu pick the score thread. Most of the picks favor UT by a big margin.

Really going this route? Because using "yeah, well Vanderbilt had 2 really good years before their coach left" is a terrible comparison. Anyway:

2003: 8-5
2004: 5-6
2005 7-5
2006 8-5
2007 12-2 Final ranking: 5/4
2008 10-4 Final ranking: 16/19
2009 8-5
2010 10-3 Final ranking: 14/14
2011 8-5
2012 5-7
2013 12-2 Final rankings: 5/5
2014 8-2

No on here is arguing "they're world-beaters," "they're powerhouses," "they're going to consistently be in or win the conference race," or "they're going to win 10-12 games every season."

They're by no means bottom-feeders, though. They haven't been remotely near that level, and it's been over a decade now. (I could get it if we were talking about that team in the 80s.)

They're by no means a great yearly team, but they're at least a middle of the road program at this point.

(Pretty much they're another Ole Miss...they'll spend most of their seasons finish middle of the road/pack; they'll have those every-so-often really good years, but they'll fall short of the kinds of championship victories needed to raise that program into the next echelon.)

I like the Ole Miss comparison.

To me, Mizzou is really more like SCAR than VANDY, but I think SCAR will end up on top in the next few years while UK only goes up

It made me livid to even read OP's post, those arrogant Tigers. But then what can we say? They have beaten us the past two years. As a player, thats about all I would need to get fired up. Especially with a bowl game on the line.

Just loved how they wrote off Dobbs, and tried to rationalize every bright spot of our team. But hey thats opposing fans I guess.

I just hope Neyland is a mad house on Saturday, that the team is focused and fired up to play for a bowl game, and we welcome Missouri to the Tennessee team that they can get used to playing. Vawls!

Maybe they are referring to Freak's UT/Mizzu pick the score thread. Most of the picks favor UT by a big margin.

I averaged all the picks. VolNation, on average, has the score at 35-25 in favor of UT. Last week the average was 39-22, for what it's worth.

Reactions: 2 people
If I'm a Mizzou fan, I don't care if our record is 8-2. Losing at home to Indiana and 34-0 to UGA would not give me confidence in any game.

Reactions: 7 people
Epic as usual chatt-town. :hi:

I will say I think their fan base is confident because they remember the Dobbs they played against last year. Josh has improved tremendously since then and I expect us to show up and play a good game.

We win if we can run, that will make them put more players in the box. keep them from double teaming the WR

We win if we can run, that will make them put more players in the box. keep them from double teaming the WR

We win if Dobbs stays clean. In thdory they are right no one has actively gotten to Dobbs for us to see how that might effect him. I don't like losing Crowder just for consistency of snap and calls for that reason. If they do bring the big heat we don't need Weisman to start adding wild snaps to the mix. Our team has the ability to win this game and possibly in big fashion but I am not going to fool myself into believing that this isn't a good Missouri team we are playing.

Reactions: 1 person
Honestly they should feel disrespected, however they are the worst 8-2 SEC team I've ever seen. I understand that's a little contradicting.
We can say the same thing about Mauk and their offense: it has looked like total crap against anyone not named the most hideous defense in the SEC (A&M).
Their defense is really good when you consider how bad their O is and I seriously doubt Dobbs does anything major against them, unless UT spanks their O and they get tired abd Dobbs wears them out.
The best thing is UT has a complete offense to match. Dobbs may noy look great but they are still well balanced with him.
They sound to be disrespecting the DL, and tbe sacks Maggitt and Barnett produce. If UT dooesnt give them short field positions from TOs or breakdowns in the secondary it will be heavily relied on Mauk to win it. Unfortubately for him he doesn't have much help.
If I were an outsider I would pick Mizzu probably but I just can't see it. Their scheduule has been bogus and hasnt even played their 2nd west team.

I averaged all the picks. VolNation, on average, has the score at 35-25 in favor of UT. Last week the average was 39-22, for what it's worth.

Interesting, I wonder how the average picks relate to the outcomes of all the games this season.

Also because UTs offense is better, Dobbs can afford a mistake or 2 MORE than Mauk IMO. Mauk is the key to their success and he is going up against a D that, if nothing else, has caused 12 INTs vs 11 passing TDs allowed and also recovered 7 fumbles in these 10.

Think of it this way, if both teams turn it over twice, who do you think capitalizes on it, a decent offense vs a good defense or a horrible offense vs a decent defense?

Reactions: 1 person
Missouri is similar, throwing 10 picks and getting 11 picks, whille recoverinng 7 fumbles as well but the big difference is only losing 1 fumble.

I was reading an ESPN article on SEC football this morning and noticed a lot of Mizzou fans in the comment section that appears to be Facebook linked. What really stood out to me was the constant reference to Dobbs as "boy". Interesting choice of terminology. I hope he has a great game against them.

Reactions: 5 people
I was reading an ESPN article on SEC football this morning and noticed a lot of Mizzou fans in the comment section that appears to be Facebook linked. What really stood out to me was the constant reference to Dobbs as "boy". Interesting choice of terminology. I hope he has a great game against them.

At worst, blatantly racist. At best, incredibly culturally unaware.

Reactions: 6 people

Still angry about the Missouri Compromise I guess.

Reactions: 6 people
This thread and the Maxims thread are must reads for me every week during the season. Appreciate the effort OP!

VN Store

Back