What other message boards are saying (Mizzou Edition)

We have a better team across the board. But our road game issues scares me. Though we did thump Kentucky at their place
I don’t see crowd noise or home field advantage being nearly as much a factor as it was in the swamp or at Tuscaloosa. Oline has solidified a lot since the fiasco in the swamp. Bama was probably the best half of football that we had played till that point then we melted down.

I don’t see crowd noise or home field advantage being nearly as much a factor as it was in the swamp or at Tuscaloosa. Oline has solidified a lot since the fiasco in the swamp. Bama was probably the best half of football that we had played till that point then we melted down.
Good point. The crowd noise shouldn’t be a problem. I was in Tuscaloosa and it was loud, but Neyland is way louder.

I like the blatant lies that be telling themselves, like a&m front seven isnt better than Missouris 😂😂😂

Good to know we aren’t the only ones with delusional fans. And I laughed at the “Milton is an interception machine” line. Yeah, four interceptions in nine games….an absolute turnover machine.
The "10-2 is respectable" line got me too. Mizzou only has 6 double-digit win seasons in the history of their program. To refer to that has merely "respectable" is beyond delusional.

Our pass rush has to show up. It’s gone stagnant the last 3 games. I worry about our secondary getting torched if the rush is not getting home. I believe this to be the key to victory for us. Offense will put up 250 rush yards on these guys. I think we can get 200 pass yards as well.
I honestly thought we would have 8 sacks against Uconn. However against Alabama and Kentucky , you can't sack the QB when you're being held like a hostage.

-Milton is an interception machine, we should thrive.
Out of everything, this one made me go HUH? Ints are one thing for sure Milton does not do. Career he has over 3-1 TD/int ratio At UT its actually closer to 7-1.
Missouris QB on the other has a much higher penchance for throwing picks. Over the last 2 years they are 29-4 and 30-12 respectively.

People can say what they want about Joes overthrows but normally it's either his guy catches it or no one can. Just a really weird take.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
-I don’t wanna believe it, but the UGA loss may have broken this team.

-I wonder if Heupel will run it up again on us?

-Tigers 27 Vols 24, we get back on track

-I think we run the table starting this weekend against Tennessee, get a NY6 bowl and win that too!

-We’re going to have to play a very clean game Saturday if we wanna beat Tennessee.

-Tennessee scares me a bit because they look like they’re getting better week by week.

-This is a make or break game for Cook, he either nuts up or crumbles. Up to him.

-Call me crazy but I’ve gotta feeling we win by two touchdowns.

-Tennessee should be an easy win as well as Florida.

-Tennessee is overrated, we should steam roll them.

-This is a revenge game against that jackass Heupel and company. Our guys should come out with their hair on fire and the intent to destroy.

-Tennessee doesn’t have a “terrific” offense as some of you have mentioned above. Milton is a joke and we should be able to shut their run game down. Their run game has looked okay because they haven’t really played a strong defense when they gash folks on the ground.

-Tennessee isn’t a road team, go ahead and chalk this one up as a W.

-Tennessee isn’t even remotely as good as LSU. We should walk away with this game.

-By the start of the 4th quarter, we should have this game well in our hands. If we don’t, we’ve obviously made some boneheaded plays.

-Tennessee is one rough quarter away from self destruction mode. Let’s put them into it.

-UT doesn’t scare me at all, I mean who have they really looked good against?

-We were better than Georgia in all facets of the game and Georgia is far superior to Tennessee. Easy Dub!

-Why should we respect dirty ass UT after they decided to run the score up during our past two meetings??

-Cook and Schrader should absolutely rock Tennessee’s suspect defense Saturday.

-Have no fear! We’ll finish 10-2 with losses to LSU and Georgia. That’s respectable and I’m cool with it.

-This game against UT won’t be a cake walk, but we should stroll late.
They sound like Kentucky fans before our games with them…and after…not so much the same vibe

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
We have a better team across the board. But our road game issues scares me. Though we did thump Kentucky at their place
False narrative except to the extent some have associated it with questionable officiating.

UT has played Bama and UF on the road. UF was a stinker but I don't think many would pick UF in a rematch. The Vols beat UK. They're 1-2 in 3 true road games. How does that equate to "issues"? It wasn't like UT was blown out in those two road losses. The Vols got better after sleep walking the first half at UF. Bama got momentum in the 3rd qtr TD pass that should have been called back for holding. They were later aided by a phantom D holding call. They didn't let go after that... and UT still outgained Bama by almost 50 yds.... oddly Bama had a 50 yd penalty yd advantage.

Again, UT doesn't have a "road game issue". Three games aren't enough to show that.

-I don’t wanna believe it, but the UGA loss may have broken this team.

-I wonder if Heupel will run it up again on us?

-Tigers 27 Vols 24, we get back on track

-I think we run the table starting this weekend against Tennessee, get a NY6 bowl and win that too!

-We’re going to have to play a very clean game Saturday if we wanna beat Tennessee.

-Tennessee scares me a bit because they look like they’re getting better week by week.

-This is a make or break game for Cook, he either nuts up or crumbles. Up to him.

-Call me crazy but I’ve gotta feeling we win by two touchdowns.

-Tennessee should be an easy win as well as Florida.

-Tennessee is overrated, we should steam roll them.

-This is a revenge game against that jackass Heupel and company. Our guys should come out with their hair on fire and the intent to destroy.

-Tennessee doesn’t have a “terrific” offense as some of you have mentioned above. Milton is a joke and we should be able to shut their run game down. Their run game has looked okay because they haven’t really played a strong defense when they gash folks on the ground.

-Tennessee isn’t a road team, go ahead and chalk this one up as a W.

-Tennessee isn’t even remotely as good as LSU. We should walk away with this game.

-By the start of the 4th quarter, we should have this game well in our hands. If we don’t, we’ve obviously made some boneheaded plays.

-Tennessee is one rough quarter away from self destruction mode. Let’s put them into it.

-UT doesn’t scare me at all, I mean who have they really looked good against?

-We were better than Georgia in all facets of the game and Georgia is far superior to Tennessee. Easy Dub!

-Why should we respect dirty ass UT after they decided to run the score up during our past two meetings??

-Cook and Schrader should absolutely rock Tennessee’s suspect defense Saturday.

-Have no fear! We’ll finish 10-2 with losses to LSU and Georgia. That’s respectable and I’m cool with it.

-This game against UT won’t be a cake walk, but we should stroll late.

Seems like a lot of these posters don’t watch much football outside of Mizzou games. It’s not going to be easy but I think we can manage a win and maybe the refs will decide to throw a penalty on the other team this week.

These guys are about to get introduced to our D line ( Calling James Pearce Jr) and 3 headed rushing attack.

If Milton and the WRs hits some long passes, these guys will get deflated real quick.

Very glad this game isn't a 7pm kick-off.
Heupel coached teams aren't great on the road, and that gets even worse when kicking off later.

I think this goes one of two ways:
1) It becomes a grind it out type game similar to aTm where it stays close well into the 4th qtr, but UT wins by a FG or TD
2) We come out on fire like we did against Bama and it's a 2 or 3 score margin at the half - Mizzou isn't Bama and they don't have the horses to come back from a bid halftime deficit.

Either direction it goes, hoping for a clean and injury free game to host UGA next week.
GO VOLS !!!

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Very glad this game isn't a 7pm kick-off.
Heupel coached teams aren't great on the road, and that gets even worse when kicking off later.

I think this goes one of two ways:
1) It becomes a grind it out type game similar to aTm where it stays close well into the 4th qtr, but UT wins by a FG or TD
2) We come out on fire like we did against Bama and it's a 2 or 3 score margin at the half - Mizzou isn't Bama and they don't have the horses to come back from a bid halftime deficit.

Either direction it goes, hoping for a clean and injury free game to host UGA next week.
GO VOLS !!!
That's just false.

0-2 at Florida both night games
1-0 at Mizzou in a noon kick
0-1 at UGA in a 3:30 game
2-0 at UK both night games
0-1 at USC in a night game
1-0 at Vandy in a night game
1-0 at LSU in a noon kick
0-2 at Alabama in a night game and a 3:30 game
1-0 at Pitt in a noon kick

6-6, with 3 of the six against top 5 caliber teams loaded with talent, 2 at a place we've won a handful of times since my parent were in college, and the other a legit disaster that admittedly shouldn't have happened. 3-4 at night.

VN Store

Back