When will a QB seperate himself from the pack?

Has anyone seen what Dormady can do? We're all excited about JG's potential. My hope is that they choose the right guy.

But... have you seen Jones do what you describe above? I haven't even going back to his previous two jobs. His pattern seems to be to decide then give the starter full support and a reasonably long leash.

My guess at the logic would be that if he did what you describe above, it would undermine confidence and potentially create a QB controversy on the team.

I think too many of you are discounting QD's talent. It isn't all physical. Some of the most important attributes a QB brings to the game are issues of head and heart.

"What you describe above" ... My friend, what do you think I am saying? I am not bashing QD nor pulling for JG over him. A point of misunderstanding might be when I said "early on" ... but I didn't necessarily mean early in the first game. I just believe that JG gets opportunities at some point in the first game, and still more of them in the second game, with both of those being "early on" in the season. After that, we'll see. I fail to see how that would create a QB controversy any more than the current competition without a starter being named at this time. :hi:

Am not arguing that QD won't get the first snap of the first start ... but ... nobody, not even the coaches, has yet seen what JG can/will do in a college game. I think they will give him some chances early on, and he might just catch fire and never look back. We don't really know.

On that note, here is a tid-bit for y'all ... http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/08/how_many_opposing_qbs_in_2017.html#incart_river_index

It always amazes me how some folks so often equate unknown with must be bad.

Wow, that article was insulting. And ignorant. Apparently on raw talent alone, on skills, Etling is better than JG and QD, i guess mcbride too. Who knew? Do these journalists not keep up with recruiting? Do they have no memory? Seems like he thinks we have a handful of walk ons at the position.

I think Dormady has the arm to win games. He can make all the different types of throws. Seems to have good timing.

But I think what makes Dormady the guy is that, for one thing, he knows the offense. He's been in the system for a long time and he Knows the playbook. That's a huge deal that gets overlooked. That's probably 90% of being a QB. Knowing where guys are going to be on different routes, know coverages. Etc. you're playing chess with the defense. QD also seems like an extremely calm and stable kid. Doesn't get shook. Not an emotional guy. He's all business. I like that. He's also a high school football coaches son. So he's probably got thick skin.

JG is in my eyes, is also a starter caliber QB. But he hasn't had as much time in the system as QD has. I think he could win games for Tennessee week 1. But I think the playbook would be more limited with him, at least until he learns more of the play book. JG seems more high twitch Than Dormady.

Really. We are sh*tting in high cotton anyway you look at it as far as WRs and QBs go. Haha. Great problem to have.

If he starts game one, does that qualify as "meaningful snaps"? :wink2:

Yes the question will be does he keep the job. But I am fully prepared to eat crow if he doesn't transfer. That would also be based on opinion, if GT is a meaningful game?:thumbsup:

VN Store

Back