Where is Wiggins?

Wiggins doesn't count against a class, just against the overall 85 limit. So, no harm no foul in adding him. I agree with Butchna - he's depth at worst. At best, he takes a starting role. He has the atleticism. It sounds like he just needs to work on the effort/attitude part. If he wants playing time, he will.

Reactions: 8 people
Transfers and jucos just don't work out most of the time. There are exceptions of course, but most of the time they're a non factor regardless of the hype (Blair, Justin Martin). Really hope Kongbo is the exception.

Aren't u a Ray of sunshine!!

Wiggins doesn't count against a class, just against the overall 85 limit. So, no harm no foul in adding him. I agree with Butchna - he's depth at worst. At best, he takes a starting role. He has the atleticism. It sounds like he just needs to work on the effort/attitude part. If he wants playing time, he will.

Very good to know he doesn't count against a class. I'll have to agree with you both. A win win situation

I thought he was working with the 1s a couple of days ago?

Tell me this isnt another "he wasnt mentioned in the post-practice thread so hes clearly falling down the depth chart" threads.

he was. They basically said its him and Martin. With Gaulden working some on the outside for the GT game just so he can be in the game.

I think it's a tough thing to do to drop everything you know and move to a new city and get your classes and achedimics together and no nobody, yet have all these expectations placed on you by the fans. He has barley got himself comfortable in school. He is just now stepping out on the field for us. Folks already going to start trashing him for what? What did he do to you? He might turn out to be pretty good.

Reactions: 3 people
Per Rob Lewis via the practice 10 thread:

That's good news then, because a couple of the practice reports I read mentioned everyone but him. Hopefully he is, in fact, working regularly with the ones.

"Freakoutvol"

I just haven't seen him mentioned, and when I have it's been unflattering. If he is working with the ones, then that's good but Mosely's been hurt and Gaulden was working at corner today for some reason. And I still haven't seen much positive from coaches about him.

Like I said, all this talk of suspensions has em on edge. lol.

Tell me this isnt another "he wasnt mentioned in the post-practice thread so hes clearly falling down the depth chart" threads.

It definitely is. If you have something other than practice reports to go on, please fill me in.

Reactions: 1 person
UTSports.com roster lists Gaulden at 6-1, 193, Shamburger at 6-0, 191, and Wiggins at 5-10, 169. :question:

Kamara, Cordarrelle Patterson,Dale Carter,Charlie Garner,Anthony Miller,Leonard Little,Jesse Mahelona...didn't even have to Google. Retire the absolute statements, dude!

You listed 7 from the last 15 years. The list of the ones who didn't work out would crush your list.

Reactions: 4 people
It wouldn't surprise me if we see less of him week one vs a run heavy team than we do weeks 2-12.

He'll get plenty of PT, though.

Reactions: 3 people
I was thinking we had someone that counted against the 2018 class and I thought it was Wiggins.

You listed 7 from the last 15 years. The list of the ones who didn't work out would crush your list.

He was just listing a few to point out that not all of them were failures. For example, he mentioned Dale Carter, but Chris Mims and Chuck Smith were transfers who played on the same defense as Carter and that trio was probably the three best players on the whole defense. Carter and Mims were first round picks and Smith went in the second round. They all had decent NFL careers. Marty Schottenheimer said Carter was the best athlete he ever coached.

Will Wiggins work out? So far, we can all agree he is starting to look like a disappointment, but the season hasn't even kicked off yet, so it's probably too early to panic. If our defense has as many injuries as last year, we'll probably be glad we have him. If our starters get torched in Gainesville, it'll be nice to have him as a Plan B, especially since he's the only corner on our roster who routinely looks for the ball. I'm just glad we have two or three guys who are capable of beating Wiggins out for the starting lineup.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back