Where there's smoke there's fire?

This sounds not like an inside guy but a guy reading, believing, and now posting what has been found to be fake social media accounts for Wiggins, JG, and some others. If some of you weren't around for the last coaching debacle, we had people swearing on the grandkids lives Gruden had signed a contract and it was a done deal AND people swearing THEY were legit. Like granny used to say, "Don't believe half of what you see and none of what you hear." CBJ, staff, and players like it or not are getting ready for UMASS not horsing around with this stuff.

Reactions: 5 people
This sounds not like an inside guy but a guy reading, believing, and now posting what has been found to be fake social media accounts for Wiggins, JG, and some others. If some of you weren't around for the last coaching debacle, we had people swearing on the grandkids lives Gruden had signed a contract and it was a done deal AND people swearing THEY were legit. Like granny used to say, "Don't believe half of what you see and none of what you hear." CBJ, staff, and players like it or not are getting ready for UMASS not horsing around with this stuff.

Good post. Also, if Wiggins leaves the team his career is over. He can't transfer again.

Reactions: 1 person
Byrd, Wiggins, and Fils-Aime were tweeting some odd comments. Seems there may be some truth to part of the OP.

I don't use Twitter before anyone asks for specific Tweets.

Wiggins would leave, but there's no point at this stage in his career. He wanted to be a big time player in the sec to get some attention but now he's stuck on the bench. Kinda in no mans land.

I don't know, Butch and company were horsing around last week instead of getting ready for Florida. My guess is instead of game planning they had their heads up horses asses. Get him gone asap. I'm sick of this crap.

Reactions: 2 people
"Currie is also well aware that changes can happen when boosters decide they want to ante up the money to buy out a coach." --that's from the article announcing Curries hiring.

You get 3-4 big boosters together and Manning with his papa johns money, they can buy Jones out and ask him to leave. I don't think Butch is the next Mack Brown. I think if everyone sat him down, explained what the situation is and gave him a fair deal, we would leave on his own will. I'm not sold he isn't tired of the pressure here anyways. That might be a breath of fresh air for him. Who knows.

Currie began his tenure officially in April 1st. He axed Winterbotham on May 7th.

"Today's decision came as a surprise, but I own the fact that you expect better results than the ones I have given you in the past few seasons," Winterbotham wrote in a message posted to his Twitter account..."

That's Winterbothams own words. "A surprise" that's coach #1....

Moving on to baseball coach Serrano...
"On Monday evening, John and I had what I felt was a very honest and productive conversation about the Tennessee baseball program," Serrano said. "My decision to step aside at season's end is based off what I believe is in the best interest of our student-athletes and this program"

Basically Currie told him to go away with dignity or he would be canned on the spot.

Then Currie brings back the lady vols and wins a ton of favor. It was the right thing to do.

Football is foundation of all Tennessee athletics. If Butch can't get it done. Currie clearly isn't afraid to pull the plug. If boosters are willing to pay, Currie isn't afraid to hurt feelings....

Reactions: 11 people
We do need to fire Butch right away honestly. Promote Gillespie to interim HC since he's the only coach worth a damn and hopefully we can keep him on staff under the next coach.

Reactions: 2 people
We do need to fire Butch right away honestly. Promote Gillespie to interim HC since he's the only coach worth a damn and hopefully we can keep him on staff under the next coach.

If we lost to UGA it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen. It also wouldn't surprise me to see him still coaching in 2018. I don't disagree with you though.

If we lost to UGA it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen. It also wouldn't surprise me to see him still coaching in 2018. I don't disagree with you though.

I'm afraid if he goes 8-4 again he's safe. I'm not ever going to root for us to lose games, but that is a scary thought.

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah but not in the black void of outer space which is where this program is currently.

Nah we aren't that far, it seems like it, but have lots of talent, there are coaches out there drooling over this squad, just waiting on that phone to ring. Our patience has been gone, now just make a statement and don't go to the games. If the fan base is really mad, don't go spend money in Knoxville.

:popcorn: Nothing like the every 1 to 5 year coaching search at Tennessee. :popcorn:

Last edited:
I'm afraid if he goes 8-4 again he's safe. I'm not ever going to root for us to lose games, but that is a scary thought.

It is. But there could be a silver lining here. Hypothetical mind you but. If Currie is indeed fed up then he might start looking for a new coach the RIGHT way. Doing his due diligence and finding the kind of coach Tennessee needs and deserves. We still have a successful season, probably keep the most important players and recruits. That could be a really good thing.

As far as this thread goes, it was said on a message board. Thats all I am going to say.

Well alrighty then.....the staff self imploding like last year and the star QB recruit for the future is bouncing because he can run at least and throw 3 picks in one game like legless QD. Actually sounds about right.

Another great recruiting class lined up yet the fan base is revolting on the HC...new AD is not putting up with mediocrity already....feeling like Butch Jones <,>, or = Ron Zook...if his head roles from the chopping block...going to take a HUGE name to keep this class to not set us back 2 more years and have a mass exodus from the current roster. Finally we have what appears to be an AD that wants title contenders not great recruiters that turn 4-5* talent into 3* production. BTW....Holly Warwick that means you too...Rick Barnes has a small window given what he inherited imho but it is real tiny of one.

Last edited:
Butch will be gone by either the first open date or Thanksgiving and replaced by Fulmer as interim, who will be charged with saving the recruiting class, and $hit-canning that god-awful read-option offense that is a f'n joke. By February, we will have a new coach, don't laugh, Derrick Mason, from VU after they go 10-2 and beat UT again!

It is. But there could be a silver lining here. Hypothetical mind you but. If Currie is indeed fed up then he might start looking for a new coach the RIGHT way. Doing his due diligence and finding the kind of coach Tennessee needs and deserves. We still have a successful season, probably keep the most important players and recruits. That could be a really good thing.

As far as this thread goes, it was said on a message board. Thats all I am going to say.

I've actually read a lot about Currie tonight, he doesn't seem to be the type of AD that is going to just hand out extensions and keep the waters calm. He's already axed two head coaches and brought back the traditional lady vols brand. He has said that his expectations are "historically based" and that "Tennessee is a championship caliber program and that's what we aim for".....then in August he said Butch needs to win more. Period. And didn't give him an extension. Butch then hires Sexton. Hmmm.

If Butch doesn't basically blow Georgia out, this could get him canned mid season. Currie probably has a short list of coaches he likes. He clearly is branding Tennessee athletics with his own visions of what it should be. Having everyone turn your football program into a meme isn't good....Losing that game Saturday and having to scrape a win out of the gutter against GT isn't a good look either....

VN Store

Back