Who carries a knife?

hndog609

Basically, if I'm clothed I'm carrying an edge on me. If I walk out the door forgetting something it'll be my keys/wallet/cell phone or whatever before my knife. Been that way since Papaw gave me a Schrade LB-5 my 4th grade Christmas. I'm amazed at the dichotomy of people that ask me why I carry a knife around all the time (like it's a scimitar or something) and how often not only do I find use for a knife but have to help others cut/pry/open something.

So, anybody else EDC a blade of some sort?

My husband always has his (he's an electrician.) He's left more than one in an airport garbage can because it's automatic for him to carry it (and of course he can't get on the plane with it and it doesn't occur to him til AFTER we've checked our luggage, lol.)

I have a Kershaw knife that I keep clipped in my pocket. I can open it fairly fast.:)

When I was teaching, I was in the teacher room for lunch one day and I was warming up some sort of frozen entree. I flicked out the knife to cut a slit in the plastic on top per instructions. The head of the math department looked at me and said "You are not supposed to have weapons at school." I replied, "It's not a weapon. It is a tool. If I wanted to kill you I could stab you in the head with a pencil."

Ahhh, golden uncomfortable silence.

I carry around a Spyderco ATS-55 when im camping, fishing or what have you. I kind of like it.

My husband always has his (he's an electrician.) He's left more than one in an airport garbage can because it's automatic for him to carry it (and of course he can't get on the plane with it and it doesn't occur to him til AFTER we've checked our luggage, lol.)
That is cool. I am an electrician. I bet he hates being called sparky. It drives me crazy!!!

I usually carry a big ass Kabar when camping, hiking, etc. At work I always have some sort of box cutter or knife.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

They'll mail it back to you if you talk to them, sometimes.

I have a Buck 422 in my pocket all the time.
!BQ75uygBmk~$(KGrHgoH-CYEjlLl9odTBJ7fUfMi3Q~~_1.JPG

Last edited:
A friend of mine gave me one of these years ago. Until I looked it up, I never realized how expensive they are. Too big for a pocket knife but it sure is nice. It's a Katz Cheetah

Attachments

• K-800DPS.jpg
    K-800DPS.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: HeadVol77
I cut myself too often to carry a knife. I don't even carry a box knife while I'm at work when I use one all the time. I'll just snatch someone else's if I need it. I don't really ever run into a time when I need a knife out side of work.

The question is allways " Do you have a knife?" and my answer is "I got my pants on dont I" but yes I allways carry some type of Hen & Rooster, there is nothing better. imo

VN Store

Back