Who carries a knife?

Love it. Been in my pocket almost daily for over 20 years. I have gifted several to friends and associates. Have a mini on my nightstand for household chores. Cuts 1/4 round like butter, too.
Good to hear. Sometimes the expensive knives aren't that much better than the mass produced ones. May have to be my Christmas gift to myself.

Reactions: EricStratton
Good to hear. Sometimes the expensive knives aren't that much better than the mass produced ones. May have to be my Christmas gift to myself.
If you buy one you won't regret it, as long as you use it. They are tools and are damn good to have in your pocket. Also you can send them back every few years for a nominal fee and they'll give it a once over and update whatever needs it.

Reactions: 2EastTnVols
Still a tanto Kershaw speed safe. $38 and best knife I’ve ever owned
My Kershaw SS was lost at a tailgate, and this was my gift as a replacement. I'll probably get another Kershaw with the grip finish. Love that knife.

This is a beauty, though, and I think I could shave with it.

Kershaw Ken Onion Leek in orange is my EDC

KS1660OR_1.jpg

Been partial to a Spydie Military for a long time but picked up a Zero Tolerance 0350 and carrying it for awhile. Very different layout than the Mili but I'm liking it.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
I probably have a dozen or more edc knives but the one today is that orange Ken Onion Volinbham posted. I love kershaws, spydercos, and benchmades.

So here's a question:

If you had to pick one knife for a GTHO bag/ multipurpose use, what would it be? Utility, meat prep, defense, etc. I have an Ontario RAK, but it really isn't designed for any delicate usage, if you know what I mean.

So here's a question:

If you had to pick one knife for a GTHO bag/ multipurpose use, what would it be? Utility, meat prep, defense, etc. I have an Ontario RAK, but it really isn't designed for any delicate usage, if you know what I mean.

Probably any small-medium fixed blade hunting knife. I probably wouldn't want to count on it for defense though. I feel like any knife thats really useable for defense would be too big and annoying when cleaning a deer and I would rather throw a gun in my bag and count on that for defense.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
So here's a question:

I have a spyderco delicate 4 with zdp 189 steel that would do nicely. Super light with a decent size blade and holds an edge forever.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
I've carried a knife daily since around the age of 6 and in my 70's now. One of my favorites was a Solingen Kissing Crane folder that I carried for 10-12 yrs and then I lost it;. Searched the house completely, moved furniture, went through the garage probably a dozen times, searched the vehicles 3-4 times but no knife. I was crushed as I really liked that knife. Broke down and ordered an inexpensive CRKT assisted open to do me till I found something I liked. Knife came and I'm sitting in the living room checking it out and my big ol cat was behind me batting something around and making a ton of noise.......yep, was my lost knife. I was tickled to death to find my knife and didn't want to take the chance of losing it again so I clean it good and stash in my used knife box. The CRKT turned out to be a decent knife, super hard steel but once I got a good edge on it would hold it for a good while . Was my first assisted open knife and really appreciated the one hand open. It's a bit big but the first thing in my pocket every day. It's a keeper. I feel naked if I forget my knife.

Reactions: Stephen Gray

VN Store

Back