Who does a sloppy, rain soaked game favor?

Playing with wet balls sometimes if difficult when a lot of people are watching

pKnRM.gif

Reactions: 2 people
I think rain hurts the running game more than the passing game which gives Utah an advantage.

We have 2 big RB's in lane and hurd and a big o line, no need to pass if the wheather is bad, just run those big backs up the middle all day long! Go Volz!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I would say it helps UT. The rain wont be nice on the knees of Keeton and Hill, which are basically their entire offense. They will be sore and any kind of slip could cause them pain. Its also harder to jump on a wet field... so advantage = taller WRs. Also, Keeton seems to never set his feet when he throws, and in the rain, it become more difficult.

Whatever happens, it won't be a complete washout. It'll be very similar to Oregon and Montana. Popup storms.

Long time listener, rare poster...Just thought it was a nice coincidence that I read that comment while I was sitting in Utah and watching it pour the rain out my window. Glad it brought yall some joy...GBO, I'll hang up (for another year, or so) and listen to your comments.

There are lots of people on here I wish would take a year between posts or at least a year to think about what they are going to say before they post it!

Reactions: 2 people
A stupid move changing this to a Sunday night -- if its cancelled because of lightning then what ? MNF ? 4 days til the next game ?

1. Wet Ball - Anything can happen - Even.
2. Rain = Humidity - Vols
3. Prep for Weather - Vols
4. Night Conditions + Rain - Vols
5. Experience in Rain type Conditions - Slight Edge Vols
6. Crowd in Wet conditions. 1st Qtr Even. Qtrs 2-3 Vols.
7. Rain and game delay. Slight Edge Aggies.
8. Offense Production --- Even? Our weapons may give us an advantage plus size.
9. Defense --- The stronger survives and the team that has to make less adjustments will have the edge....
10. Mental Aspect of ACL tear and wet field...Utah ST QB and RB.

It is hard to simulate Rain at night on a football field with 100,000 fans.

Last edited:
It benefits the visitors because the fans will be more subdued. But reference Sudden Impact for more enlightenment on the subject.

It benefits the visitors because the fans will be more subdued. But reference Sudden Impact for more enlightenment on the subject.

I am not attacking but fans are just as hungry as the players...I think they can and will contribute. I know I will.

Really??? So if UT is behind, the first game of the Season the fan base in attendance is 1) going to leave, 2) Sit on the Backsides and do nothing, 3) Not support the team knowing that this is a critical game in the Era of the New Vols.

I really don't see the fan base doing that. It's the first game of the season, It's 60% CBJ players, people will prepare for the rain...I expected it. It will be a summer rain versus a winter one...

It will be on one of the most intimidating fields in NCAA. We build our rep on Neyland Stadium and we are going to fold because of rain...Not a chance and if we do as a fan base then---crap.

Some will leave but the ones that want to be there will be and will be there the entire game.

I hate walking out of Neyland Stadium with a 1st game Loss usually rattles the fan base and creates the conditions for a very long season.

Last edited:
Reading into the weather way to early! Dont know how many times it says its gonna rain or snow wake up and its 70 and sunny! Weather people don't know jack. Either way ill be there the whole game! And the Vols win rain, snow, sunshine

VN Store

Back