Who does a sloppy, rain soaked game favor?

I think rain hurts the running game more than the passing game which gives Utah an advantage.

Playing football in the rain, I'd much rather take a handoff and truck on the ground with muddy cleats then try to get a good read on a line drive pass in the rain at night with those bright Neyland stadium lights. Sweeps, checkdowns, up the gut runs all night long!

Utah State wins handily in wet weather.

Their power running game will stuff AJ Johnson & Curt Maggitt and go for TDs in a blink of an eye. We are in serious trouble.

A slippery field definitely favors Vols. Chucky with a recent acl injury will have that in mind. Less effective running qb cuts their offense nearly in half. Vols defense chew him up early and often. Vols roll

The forecast really sucks! I hate to say it, but rainy weather would favor Utah State. Containing CK will be crucial and its only going to make it harder if the field is soaked. Plus I'm afraid people will stay home if the weathers nasty and take some of our home field advantage away. I guarantee I will be there reguardless, but honestly it's gonna hurt attendance overall if the weather is bad. The good thing is weather forecasts change daily in East Tennessee and it's only Wednesday.

Has anyone heard if CBJ is having the boys practice with fire hoses going, I am sure that the KFD would be glad to help with that, no joke! :rock:

The only site I have found so far with 80% is the Weather Channel. The National Weather Service has 50% and a paid site I use actually has 40%. Saturday and Monday, with exception of the Weather Channel, are only 20% chance on the NWS and paid site. With the game still more than four days away, the forecast will most likely change one way or the other by Sunday. My guess is that there could potentially be some scattered showers mixed with some sunshine. Chance of rain actually decreases as the day progresses. Sunday morning might be rainy but the evening and game time could be clearing. Just my .02

I just pray that no injuries result from the rain and field conditions, especially none of our Vols.

The only site I have found so far with 80% is the Weather Channel. The National Weather Service has 50% and a paid site I use actually has 40%. Saturday and Monday, with exception of the Weather Channel, are only 20% chance on the NWS and paid site. With the game still more than four days away, the forecast will most likely change one way or the other by Sunday. My guess is that there could potentially be some scattered showers mixed with some sunshine. Chance of rain actually decreases as the day progresses. Sunday morning might be rainy but the evening and game time could be clearing. Just my .02

Five day forecasts are accurate less than 50% of the time. 3 day forecasts are accurate 80% of the time. I'll wait and see what weather.com says Friday.

Utah State wins handily in wet weather.

Their power running game will stuff AJ Johnson & Curt Maggitt and go for TDs in a blink of an eye. We are in serious trouble.

How does a running game "stuff" linebackers? Isn't a running game successful when you avoid linebackers altogether?

Were you being sarcastic?

Currently 80 percent during the day, 50 percent at night, but do you think that might change?

Always thought this was a ridiculous argument. It affects everyone unless they are not used to playing in those conditions. (Example famous ice bowl). It can cause more turnovers and whomever falls in favor with those has an edge.

Remember in college my cross country coach would not cut the course before some meets thinking it gave us an edge. Hey numb nuts. News flash, I don't like running through a hay field either.

With the forecast saying there is an eighty percent chance of rain Sunday night, who benefits more? USU or UT?

Unfortunately I believe this favors usu. However, we don't know what to expect from our young offensive and defensive linemen. On paper, you have to think we are in trouble. Just like any game at any level, it starts up front. Regardless of the weather or the outcome, let's get behind them and stay positive! We are heading in the right direction and have a great hc and staff! Game 1 will be rough, as it is for most teams. We should always expect the best (were THE University of Tennessee). But it's ok to be realistic at the same time. USU has a better than normal team this year. It will be a good learning experience. Will make us better playing them 1st instead of a utc type program. I still believe we win this game, I just think it will be tougher than many think (especially if we can't throw the ball a lot due to the rainy conditions). I hope we are surprised by line play and blow them out!! Go VOLS!!!!

Unlike many others, I believe that Tennessee is a far better team than USU. Rain is a big equalizer with mistakes and turnovers. I think that has to bode well for USU. Either way UT gets the win. Better coach and far better athletes.

Reactions: 1 person
If someone brings this to the game and sits in front of me ... Its on like donkey kong

Attachments

• download (4).jpg
    download (4).jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back