Who impressed the most?

Josh Smith was impressive. Malone made a couple of nice plays. Pig was a beast. Hurd had a great block for Pig on his jet sweep TD and he had that nice recieving TD. Weathered got pressure on the QB just about every time he was in. Sutton completely erased his half of the field. Barnett and Hendrix got some good push and had some good moves. Jordan Williams and Danny O'Brien played with hate and anger. Medley redeemed himself with a decently long fg after his first embarrassing attempt. Von looked explosive with that cut on his TD play. North was North. Croom made some nice plays. And Worley played his best game as a Vol, and had a streak of 13 consecutive completions. That's hard to do against air, and he did it in live action. Proud of the team and their effort.

Reactions: 13 people
Justin Worley for the offense. He managed the game very well. I could see how the game slowed up for him by going through his progression and making the smart decisions.

The entire D-line really showed up and shut the run down and who laid the wood on that crossing route? Cam Sutton showed that he's a true shut down corner.

And our kick coverage was stellar too!

Go Vols from California!

Reactions: 3 people
There is a list of players who impressed me tonight. Worley, Sutton, Weatherd, Jordan Williams, O'Brian, Pearson, Barnett, and A.J. are some who stood out to me. Pig is definitely on the list too. A.J. Was the player of the game IMO.

Pearson. @ really nice grabs and the TD. Im happy for the humble young man. He is going to show out this year. Just looks electric. I love his story, his hunger and his ability. GBO!

I think AJ was most impressive tonight. Did a little edit of a nice photo from @Vol_Photos of AJ returning his interception.

Attachments

• AJ.jpg
    AJ.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: 11 people
The coaching staff for getting all the young players ready to go. Especially the ones who were not EE's. We played 21 freshmen plus all the sophomores and considering the stage they were on of national SEC network coverage and 1st game jitters the guys played great. I am not taking anything away from an of their efforts, just saying for me it is having all the young players ready to go. I am excited for the future. GBO LOVE MY VOLS. VERY PROUD OF THE TEAM AND THE START FOR THIS YEAR.

Reactions: 2 people
A.J and Cam were recking balls. So glad to see some good D and overall speed ! I've been so fired up about this season, and to have the young guys play disciplined football (except for the false starts) is very encouraging ! VERY FIRED UP HERE!!!!! GBO !!!

The Defense as a whole great pressure by the front 4 and awesome tackling in the open by the linebackers and secondary. If Coleman just runs with that guy and turns he has a pick or break up. Really excited by all of the Freshmen performances tonight. Lots of TALENT!!!!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back