Who impressed the most?

McNeil-thumbs up for two massive hits.
Coleman-thumbs down. Gotta move on. Even if it's someone that still needs to grow into the position. Coleman topped out in high school.

Team 118! For a team with a 56% chance of losing we turned that into a 100% chance of whipping dey azz!

Reactions: 7 people
Most on here will say A.J. or Worley, and rightfully so, but I was absolutely blown away by the dominant performance of Cameron Sutton. We haven't had a lock-down CB in a long while, and he proved that there is no sophomore slump or lack of physicality in him. Played like a senior, looked like a future NFL-er.

Who is your most impressive?

Agreed on Sutton, how did this guy fly under the radar? He may All American this year. Incredible INT, Lockdown corner, great tackling, awesome job fielding punts etc..

Reactions: 1 person
Defence!! But just the speed on the edges.. Reeves maybin constantly made plays on the outside.. I feel like our speed is definitely improved everywhere. Defensive line looked vastly improved. O brine and j Williams are way better penetrators Atleast in first eye glance than the bigger DT's like big dan and d.hood. I feel like our O'line couldn't create gaps though.. I definitely thought our o'line would do a little better in run blocking. But pass blocking was outstanding..

I'm going on record and saying Sutton will be the best CB to ever play at UT.

I've seen a lot of bold predictions on VN, but this one is the biggest I've seen in a while.

Not saying you are wrong in making that prediction, but you put yourself out there.

I freakin love that we have a DJ!! It was awesome seeing how pumped our defense got especially at haft time..... I love my vols!!!!

A.J, Cam, Justin, and the entire defense. The future's so bright I gotta wear shades.:matrix:

Darr--- he boomed a couple that turned over, and also hit the chip shots that bounce backwards... very good tonight.

Also, whoever was kicking off was consistently getting the ball to the goal-line, nice to see that.

AJ and Sutton are AA!

Matt Darr. Because he managed to walk off the field when I was certain he snapped his ankle.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm going on record and saying Sutton will be the best CB to ever play at UT.

Wow, bold prediction! If Sutton turns out to be even CLOSE to Deon Grant, we'll be in awesome shape on that side of the secondary for a couple of seasons. Hope you're right!

Go Vols!

Worley to me on offense.

AJ on defense.

Loved to see Von Pearson show he is the real deal, Malone had a good game, basically all new comers.

McNeil-thumbs up for two massive hits.
Coleman-thumbs down. Gotta move on. Even if it's someone that still needs to grow into the position. Coleman topped out in high school.

thumbs down to kerbeyson and helms. kerbeyson for 2 false starts in the same series, and helm for getting one that killed a series. Also to Young for dropping the throwback pass. Should have had that one.

thumbs up to AJ and Maggitt. Not just for their play, but for providing leadership on D. Also to Worley. Couldn't believe he had some effective runs.

Minor thumbs up to the back judge for hitting the Utah State player in the head with the flag on the pass interference against Pearson.

VN Store

Back