Why is Butch being so quiet?

Butch is being so quiet because he's playing the quiet game. All the other coaches have lost.

Nope, no more dumb ass questions. I get the same dumb ass answers from you as I do the rest of the butthuts.

And I've never tried to start a "fight', we've never been in one.

Sorry we aren't as enlightened as u.....

Maybe...I could understand $100k on a kitchen and bath remodel but hell of a closet for $100k....construction is what I do and I don't know what you'd do to get a closet to $100k

In recent tours of new constructions in low 7 figure range homes, I've looked at some ladies changing parlor-closets that I could see hitting that number. Basically a man cave with clothes.

Any body else heard this....

I have a friend that is a contractor in Knoxville area says that one of his contractor partners just built Butch a $100k CLOSET....A CLOSET. Again total here say and speculation but I don't think this ole boy would lie about something so stupid.
That's so he never has to come out of it.

The only fact is that you can't prove where he issued an actual statement on the situation and where it is posted on here.

And I am sorry but 140 characters in a tweet doesn't really count as an outpouring of sympathy.
Should he call for a press conference? Would that be enough?

I don't think it can be argued that rumors swirling around a coach can be good for recruiting. That is a big reason that coaches are able to leverage contract extensions. The ability to prove that their job is secure, is paramount in asking recruits to sign on for 4 years. It is complete silliness to suggest that Butch is doing the right thing in being silent, while the rumors fly. If Jones is being silent by his own decision, I can't see any other reason that greed and selfishness.

Actually, the best thing Butch can do right now is shut his piehole.

Especially if he's going to avoid ownership of the disappointment and deliver more Champions of Life cliches.

I agree. What ever his says, certain posters here slant his words in an attempt to discredit their meaning. They are NOT Tennessee fans but they never let up in the attempts to cause disruption in all our athletic programs. Many of us respond to their posts which seems to give them more energy. I will attempt to restrain my posts , but it is difficult when one sees others trying to destroy what we hold dear to our hearts. I have many of them on ignore, but when others respond to them, their irresponsible posts show up. These jerks have been able to convert a really really good idea into a way to spread injustice to those of us who seek valid information about our great University. Some posters on this board will likely cause the same problems which Scout has faced and resulted in their filling for bankruptcy. I would hate to see that happen, but many good things are destroyed by those who wish to deceive. It only takes one bad apple to spoil the bushel and there are some bad apples who are destroying this board for many of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Should he call for a press conference? Would that be enough?

Throw a statement out there to the press instead of being shamed into sending a tweet would have been a good starting point.

Maybe even follow the lead of his QB and Fulmer and lend some moral support to the folks in the shelters in person. Lord knows they could use something to take their minds off what happened.

Could have bought himself some good will as being a leader if he would have came out of hiding for a few hours this week.

Maybe Butch is waiting on Willie Taggert to get hired by Oregon, so that he can interview for the South Florida opening. He will get to Tampa after all! :)

I personally don't give a damn if butch likes me loves me or hates me.

His feelings matter as much to me as my kids teachers do.

He was hired to do a job. His job is to win games and make fans like myself happy.

He can hate us fans all he wants but if we aren't happy it means he ends up getting fired. Those are facts all coaches should understand.

NEOCON? Hmmmmm your football "logic" is about as solid as your political "logic".

Maybe Butch is waiting on Willie Taggert to get hired by Oregon, so that he can interview for the South Florida opening. He will get to Tampa after all! :)

LOL

Taggert to Oregon would be interesting. Going to be really interesting to see how that actually plays out.

They are the next big domino to fall along with Houston now that Texas and LSU are settled on the coaching front.

new assistants - same assistants - it is going to be FUGLY if Jones is our head coach in 2017. He is in over his head in the SEC!

Butch is a proven head coach, he will get this program going forward again.

They went 6-6 the year before he arrived and he went 7-6 his first season there. He took them to the SECCG his second season and won the BCSNC in his third season.
VHB you know very well Di Nardo could recruit. But he couldn't coach. So it's not like Saban took over a "bare shelf" at LSU.
Not saying Saban isn't the top coach in the country because he clearly is. But anyone can recruit at LSU.

Isn't that his name?
Or are you just paid to stay here and defend the douche?

Why play dumb like you don't know what he meant? I mean come on, you just called him (Butch) a douche.

I could be wrong, but I'd bet when speaking of Saban or Gruden you don't say Nicholas or Johnathan.

Haha, I have no clue why Im even responding to this crap.:crazy:

Reactions: 2 people
NEOCON? Hmmmmm your football "logic" is about as solid as your political "logic".

Ok reader debate my logic with stats....

Name all the ncaaf coaches that were fired when the fans where happy, the seats where filled, and the university was moving its products?

Can't list coaches that we're let go due to scandal though...only coaches that lost their jobs on record alone EVEN when the majority of fans wanted them there.

Then I will name all the coaches fired that the fans wanted gone.

We will them compare list and the one with the largest list wins. I will spot you twenty names to be kind.

And....go.....

VN Store

Back