Why is Butch being so quiet?

Has anyone heard from him or seen him? For someone that is a "champion of talk," he sure has been quiet. Maybe there isn't much to say.

Hopefully it's because he's learned a lesson. Calling out fans isn't a way to win their support when your team has not come close to meeting expectations. Keeping quiet is the smartest thing he can do right now.

Reactions: 2 people

Hopefully he's doing his job!

Listen I'm disappointed with the overall outcome of the season too and think CBJ has some real serious evaluations to make. But let him do his job and not read into every single possible angle. He really can't win with some people on this board no matter what he does.

If he talks now some would say he should be recruiting not talking. If he doesn't talk some say he's going to Purdue.

Enjoy the last few weeks of college football we have left.

Reactions: 10 people
Suspect he's directing his energies where they'll produce some fruit.....recruiting and evaluating his program. Doubt dropping soundbites for the media and fans is high on his list of priorities nor should it be. We had a bad year for a variety of reasons. Is he the right man for the job? Don't know, but give him a chance to make changes and get the program back on track. Sometimes emotions get to fans and they want to pull the plug and toss the baby with the bathwater. No one is perfect except ol' saint nick, but to his credit, Butch has improved this program in a lot of ways. He's the coach now and in 2017. We can't change that. Let's turn the page and get our act together as fans for the sake of recruiting and the program and stop nitpicking Butch and the admin to death.

Really?

I would think he is recruiting, evaluating possible coaching changes and reviewing the S&C program. Some bowl prep work perhaps.

Butch is the HC and deserves our support. Coach should also be open to constructive criticism.

Bottom line is he is here. He will do what he feels is in the best interest of UT. I doubt he is blind to the expectations of this fan base. One may challenge some of his decisions but you cannot fault his work ethic or his commitment up to now.

Reactions: 5 people
Actually, the best thing Butch can do right now is shut his piehole.

Especially if he's going to avoid ownership of the disappointment and deliver more Champions of Life cliches.

I've gotta go w Eddie on this one. Just get to work. Words can only make things worse atp.

Reactions: 2 people
This is typical of this fan base. If he talks we are in an uproar and we want him to shut up. If he shuts up as we have required we want him to talk.

Reactions: 4 people
He was in Jackson, TM Wednesday night recruiting Trey Smith.

I heard he had most of the entire coaching staff with him. The young man wants to come to Tennessee. Big push by others to pull him away. He is a difference maker. Go VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully he's doing his job!

Listen I'm disappointed with the overall outcome of the season too and think CBJ has some real serious evaluations to make. But let him do his job and not read into every single possible angle. He really can't win with some people on this board no matter what he does.

If he talks now some would say he should be recruiting not talking. If he doesn't talk some say he's going to Purdue.

Enjoy the last few weeks of college football we have left.

I agree. I was just referring back to an earlier post I made on the same subject.

I heard he had most of the entire coaching staff with him. The young man wants to come to Tennessee. Big push by others to pull him away. He is a difference maker. Go VOLS!

Hopefully he won't listen to fans like SDV and he will be a VOL.

He could have at least spoken up and said something about Gatlinburg at this point. The man has not been on a 120 hour straight recruiting bender since last weekend.

Even Fulmer went down there to deliver some team gear yesterday.

Reactions: 1 person
He could have at least spoken up and said something about Gatlinburg at this point. The man has not been on a 120 hour straight recruiting bender since last weekend.

Even Fulmer went down there to deliver some team gear yesterday.

It was posted on here. He did.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back