Why Is Our Fanbase Getting Desperate?

That’s funny. Has Tennessee ever made a big splash hire?

Maybe only Johnny Majors at the time. Many on VN won't be satisfied with the replacement because it most likely will not be any of the favorite big names who are so frequently mentioned. Even mentioning Gruden is the height of folly, but he always shows up. Gruden will never coach college football.

Reactions: 1 person
Why so desperate? Have you seen the product on the field and the man wearing the headset on the sideline that makes boneheaded decisions??

Why so desperate? Have you seen the product on the field and the man wearing the headset on the sideline that makes boneheaded decisions??

I meant in hiring coaches.

I know how bad CBJ is.

All I’m saying is Currie needs to take his time and get this hire right.

Petrino and Kiffin would add more toxic to the program.

It’s either a splash hire or bust.

Wanting to hire Petrino or Lane Kiffin? I keep seeing those two names pop up in every coaching candidate thread.

This is Currie’s biggest important hire that could make or break the football program.

In this situation, we desperately need to make a splash hire.

Lane Kiffin nor Petrino fit that narrative.

You’re literally asking for trouble taking a chance on two scum bags that’s unpredictable and could leave at any given moment.

They’ve done it before and they sure as hell can do it again.

Why not just go after Chip Kelly who has less baggage? He’s a proven winner who’d kill it here.

Holy Doomsday, Batman.

I want a good coach as much as the next fan, but cool your tits, bro.

MAKE OR BREAK...nah.

If it was that easy to do, we would have done it this past decade.

As for Kelly, sure. Coo. But...your post + your profile pic = a big need for #nohomo

I can't understand why we are so desperate. I'm seeing les miles name constantly. What the freaking hell? That dude is on butchs intellictual level. Why would we even consider him???!!!!

Wanting to hire Petrino or Lane Kiffin? I keep seeing those two names pop up in every coaching candidate thread.

This is Currie’s biggest important hire that could make or break the football program.

You’re literally asking for trouble taking a chance on two scum bags that’s unpredictable and could leave at any given moment.

Why not just go after Chip Kelly who has less baggage? He’s a proven winner who’d kill it here.

If by less baggage you mean someone who as he was leaving college for the pros left his program in trouble w/ the NCAA...

None of the 3 coaches you mentioned in your post are right for UT... personally I believe gambling on Tee Martin is a better option than those 3.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe only Johnny Majors at the time. Many on VN won't be satisfied with the replacement because it most likely will not be any of the favorite big names who are so frequently mentioned. Even mentioning Gruden is the height of folly, but he always shows up. Gruden will never coach college football.

How many championships did Majors win at Tenn? was never a fan of his

Living in KY now and these guys are already giving me crap.

"Matt Roark" usually works pretty well the other way though :eek:lol:

For real though, I think we've finally gone numb to losing to UT and UF. Most UK fans just shrug and move on to basketball by that time in the year.

The biggest fear people have with Chip Kelly is that after 4-5 years, would he consider jumping back to the NFL if he can win in the SEC. I definitely think he could have an 80% minimum win percentage in the SEC at Tennessee. However, if you can win in the SEC, it sets up a big opportunity to go to the NFL. Saban could have any NFL opening he wanted if he chose to go back to the NFL. He would prolly kill it his second go around.

I would love to have Chip, but the fear is that he isn't keen on sticking around one spot for a long time. I mean he had no reason to leave Oregon with Mariota there.

If Chip Kelly is so great, why is he available?

You were doing so well until the last 2 sentences.

Cause we are looking for a coach.

Not a nanny for our precious toddler.

Or a sunday school teacher.

A coach that can coach football.

If Chip Kelly is so great, why is he available?

You were doing so well until the last 2 sentences.

Because he took a year off before coming back to college. The only job that was worth going after was LSU. And LSU was very set on going after Tom Herman and if he said no, hiring Coach O.

Kelly would have been the best possible hire for LSU, but Kelly was smart as the demand for him will be 10000 times more this offseason compared to last offseason when there were only 2 jobs open. There are likely to be 4-5 big jobs open that will bid for him.

If by less baggage you mean someone who as he was leaving college for the pros left his program in trouble w/ the NCAA...

None of the 3 coaches you mentioned in your post are right for UT... personally I believe gambling on Tee Martin is a better option than those 3.

All things considered, I would take Tee over many of the experienced head coaches, but especially those 3.

The only question I would have is if he would want to come back to Knoxville, and if he is ready for a HC position.

Because he took a year off before coming back to college. The only job that was worth going after was LSU. And LSU was very set on going after Tom Herman and if he said no, hiring Coach O.

Kelly would have been the best possible hire for LSU, but Kelly was smart as the demand for him will be 10000 times more this offseason compared to last offseason when there were only 2 jobs open. There are likely to be 4-5 big jobs open that will bid for him.

Well, let's just say you opinion of him greatly differs from mine. And if ours is one of the 5 openings you say will be there, I say let the other 4 have him.

"Took the year off". That's funny.

Well, let's just say you opinion of him greatly differs from mine. And if ours is one of the 5 openings you say will be there, I say let the other 4 have him.

"Took the year off". That's funny.

Name one coach outside of Saban that has gone from NFL to College without taking a year off?

VN Store

Back