WHY IS PURDUE SUCH A CURSE TO TENNESSEE VOLS

Our basketball team when we should have went to the elite 8 that year gets beat by a bs ref call on a three when Carson edwards put his foot out and now this year where they got called for like what 31 fouls or something!!!! I’m starting to hate Purdue a lot more than I do kensucky
Don’t forget the Music City Bowl loss to them

It's just our bad bad draw. We literally drew the worst possible EE match for us. I'd rather have taken my chances with UConn. In their case we don't have to also battle the refs to the extent we did vs Edey. Because he gets that whistle, and lack thereof for his fouls, walks and three seconds, I knew they'd be there waiting.

It figures we'd draw a giant who is likely to shoot the most free throws of any player in basketball in 60+ years, and they'd literally beat us at the ft line.

We played the rest of Purdue's team probably better than anyone else did this season but we couldn't overcome the advantages he's gifted.

Our basketball team when we should have went to the elite 8 that year gets beat by a bs ref call on a three when Carson edwards put his foot out and now this year where they got called for like what 31 fouls or something!!!! I’m starting to hate Purdue a lot more than I do kensucky
Not sure about a curse, but after seeing the way the Purdue game was called last night, I'll be forever convinced the officials had a mandate to make sure Purdue won our game. UConn vs Purdue is what the networks and NCAA wanted. We were the biggest threat to that happening so the officials had to be more involved to produce the desired outcome. The championship will be called straight up, but there's no way I'll believe that matchup wasn't orchestrated.

And why did Edey only shoot 2 free throws against NCST??
Well, we and the rest of the nation after seeing that game inundated social media with what's going on here. Even the NC State coach said before the game you can't let him just camp out in the paint. Then in pregame Bruce Pearl was on the panel and he said, look against Tennessee Edey just stayed in the paint. He said either call it (3 seconds) or in the offseason eliminate the rule. I noticed vs NC State he was moving in and out of the paint and it affected his game he had bunch of turnovers & mishandles and just scored 20 and looked frustrated at times. All these retorts will help UConn more than anyone, NC State just didn't have the team, the magic ran out IMO.

Or the 1979 Astro-Bluebonnet Bowl. TN took the lead late and Purdue won it as time was running out. It might have really helped CJM get TN relevant a couple of years earlier instead of (arguably) not until 1985.
First UT game I recall watching on TV. IIRC, Jimmy Streater was under center for that one.

Reactions: SAPPER 5
There was also a controversial loss to Purdue about 6-8 years ago in a pre-season basketball tournament in the Bahamas, I believe. I don’t have my record book handy, so I’m relying on my feeble memory.

That's what the team shot in that game, minus DK.

I would contend that 1 was the more influential number. 1 being the number of fouls Edey was whistled for when he played 39 minutes.

You aren’t wrong in that everyone aside from DK couldn’t throw one in a washtub. It’s also asinine to think that officiating didn’t hugely influence the game when Edey got to play Smash Bros for most of the game without getting in foul trouble.

We won’t be playing them in football again for a while unless we schedule them. The days of crap bowls are over for us, we’re gonna be in big games.

VN Store

Back