WHY IS PURDUE SUCH A CURSE TO TENNESSEE VOLS

Sure seems like there’s a curse. I could live with it easier if seemingly all of our losses to Purdue weren’t heavily influenced by officiating. Very frustrating.
Well the refs and media got what they wanted, despite their questionable tactics! .... A Purdue VS Uconn matchup! :mad:

Reactions: BisonVol
First UT game I recall watching on TV. IIRC, Jimmy Streater was under center for that one.

Jeff Olszewski was Streater’s backup and Doc Rudder (RIP) was also a reserve QB in 1979. Mark Herrmann was Purdue’s QB.

That is the only time that Purdue had/has won 10 games. Purdue fans must love it when they TN on their schedule.

Reactions: lostsheep
Our basketball team when we should have went to the elite 8 that year gets beat by a bs ref call on a three when Carson edwards put his foot out and now this year where they got called for like what 31 fouls or something!!!! I’m starting to hate Purdue a lot more than I do kensucky
I think you answered the question. What do they all have as a common denominator? Horrible, blown calls. Don't forget the football game either. We lost for the same reason. Horrible, blown calls. Maybe Purdue has some leverage on the inside? Maybe it just makes more economic sense to Vegas that we lose? Get used to it because it will happen again.

I hate that it’s some normally bottom feeder school too that has our number, it’s not even a respectable opponent that keeps getting the breaks at the wrong time against us.

Officiating, nothing to do with a curse. Evidently the ncaa (And networks) wanted a Purdue/Uconn matchup) what they got. Therefore no fouls called on Edey, couldn't have purdoo's star on the bench with 3-4. And no 3 second calls on him. Tennessee wasn't going to beat purdoo and the officials.

Reactions: overseasorange2
Not sure about a curse, but after seeing the way the Purdue game was called last night, I'll be forever convinced the officials had a mandate to make sure Purdue won our game. UConn vs Purdue is what the networks and NCAA wanted. We were the biggest threat to that happening so the officials had to be more involved to produce the desired outcome. The championship will be called straight up, but there's no way I'll believe that matchup wasn't orchestrated.
Agree 💯

Yeah well if Tennessee had someone other than DK who could hit a freaking basket in that game the Vols win easily.
Anyone who's followed the team knew they were in trouble after Purdue erased the lead. Tennessee then went cold as ice shooting.

Well, we and the rest of the nation after seeing that game inundated social media with what's going on here. Even the NC State coach said before the game you can't let him just camp out in the paint. Then in pregame Bruce Pearl was on the panel and he said, look against Tennessee Edey just stayed in the paint. He said either call it (3 seconds) or in the offseason eliminate the rule. I noticed vs NC State he was moving in and out of the paint and it affected his game he had bunch of turnovers & mishandles and just scored 20 and looked frustrated at times. All these retorts will help UConn more than anyone, NC State just didn't have the team, the magic ran out IMO.
Sounds like Purdue may have been warned by refs before tipoff that they would be calling 3 seconds. Such a d#@n shame it's happening now.

Last edited:
Yeah well if Tennessee had someone other than DK who could hit a freaking basket in that game the Vols win easily.
Anyone who's followed the team knew they were in trouble after Purdue erased the lead. Tennessee then went cold as ice shooting.
It's why I hope we bring in multiple scorers from the portal. The notion that we might not want too many guys competing for the ball just makes no sense to me. Multiple threats keeps defenses honest and make everyone's life easier. Got a lot of points from Knecht to replace. One guy won't do it. Gimme as many scorers as we can get.

VN Store

Back