Why should I buy a named jersey now?

i could see a tulane fan making that arguement, but we havent really lost any impact players and the general feel is that most players here want to be here and like the culture.

You’ll have to condition yourself to view the college game just like professional sports fans. Pro fans have watched their favorite athletes turn heel as often as an old WWE wrestling script. Imagine how life-long Cleveland Cav fans felt watching Lebron jump ship twice. Thrift stores are still littered with old Lebron jerseys to this day.

With the ease of the transfer portal and the money being thrown at QB’s every year; that is the new reality we can expect.
Cleveland fans love lebron with all their hearts. There are #23 jerseys in thrift stores, but there’s a ton more that the folks of that shït town still cherish

Reactions: 508mikey
Cleveland fans love lebron with all their hearts. There are #23 jerseys in thrift stores, but there’s a ton more that the folks of that shït town still cherish
Whether you realized it or not; you made my point. Fans of the pro game are conditioned to accept the realities of money in sports. If a homegrown hero like Lebron was willing to jump ship twice; there’s no reason to expect loyalty from any athlete that decides to wear orange from year to year.

Reactions: Voltopia
Whether you realized it or not; you made my point. Fans of the pro game are conditioned to accept the realities of money in sports. If a homegrown hero like Lebron was willing to jump ship twice; there’s no reason to expect loyalty from any athlete that decides to wear orange from year to year.
“Jumping ship” is a loaded way to describe it. And there’s a hole in your argument. This doesn’t happen nearly as often in college. Lebron leaving is like Nico leaving. Not somebody like conyer, for example.

With the NIL money going crazy for top athletes, and the transfer portal being full of top athletes, why should I as a fan of UT basketball, baseball, football, etc buy any athletes' jersey? Chances are if they have any promise of being good or even a starter, they will be gone the following year or maybe even earlier. I used to buy VOL athletes' jerseys, but no more. Why should I pay attention to the NIL athletes' commercials? Same reason, probably being gone the next year as well. UT spends $millions recruiting top athletes to play our stadiums and gyms, and fields. Is that $ now being considered spent well? As I see it, (and I am sure the serious posters here will correct me) NIL and the transfer portal rules are beginning to take the traditional fan out of the game. As a traditional fan, I loved pulling for my favorite QB, linebacker, receiver, etc, etc. Now, will I even be familiar enough with their name as a freshman or sophomore, before they are gone to the transfer portal? Now, probably not!!
You shouldn’t. End thread.

VN Store

Back