Will the administrative board mess up this OC hire (opinions)

Will the board screw up the OC hire?

• Yes

Votes: 353 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 88 18.0%
  • Sexton will

Votes: 34 7.0%
  • Pruitt will

Votes: 14 2.9%

• Total voters
Actually people will say it's a Freeze type hire and "insiders" will say it's a done deal; that will crash and burn and we'll end up with someone else.

But then it won't matter because a segment of the fanbase will automatically say the OC we get is the "right guy" no matter what.

I recall pruitt saying something to the effect that if Tennessee was going to get back to where it used to be, then everybody needed to be on board, pulling in the same direction, and bought it. If the BOT really does have a hand in this and pulling against the hire, then now i have to wonder how long will he even stick around because this may not be something he's used. I believe he and Fulmer knows what it takes to get this ball rolling, but the difference is fulmer bleeds 🍊 while the other dont.

OP is correct. Our BOT’s are a bunch of incompetent dolts that couldnt lead a pack of Cub Scouts on a backyard weeny roast. CPF needs to drop the hammer on these idiots and personally get this deal done.

Reactions: tgraves126
I just spoke to my uncle, who I've mentioned has been friends with Hugh since childhood. My company is doing some work for him in a couple of weeks, and while it was a business call, I did bring up the UT rumors as he knows I'm a big fan. All he would say is that Hugh prefers to be a head coach. I brought up Liberty, and he said he's heard nothing about it, but then went on about how he's got a offensive linemen who's going to be going to Liberty next fall (he's the head coach at Briarcrest). However, he did say he wouldn't be surprised if he kept his current job as opposed to being a co-ordinator

-wrong thread

Last edited:
It’s their job to have a say so. That’s how public institutions work. They are trustees of the state of Tennessee to represent its interests regarding the university.
Do you honestly believe Bama, UGA, or UF would have their BOT’s sabotaging a hire as important as this?

Reactions: tgraves126
Do you honestly believe Bama, UGA, or UF would have their BOT’s sabotaging a hire as important as this?

No, and I also don’t believe that the UT board is sabotaging this hire.

But if any of them chose to, it’s within their purview.

Reactions: onevol74
Maybe they know a bit more about Freeze than others. Could be it's just not worth the squeeze

Lindsey announced he will not be returning to Auburn....Yep, We are dragging our feet once AGAIN and gonna lose Freeze to Auburn...I can just feel it...And why am I surprised?...I expect this stuff to happen.
Yup. Don’t get your hopes up gents. He’s likely not coming here...if we don’t get a awesome 2nd option for OC we will crap the bed again have another bad year and Pruitt might say F this I’m done....

No, and I also don’t believe that the UT board is sabotaging this hire.

But if any of them chose to, it’s within their purview.
It’s certainly within their purview. The question is are they more interested maintaining their power over a football program in which they have played a significant role in destroying through continued ineptitude and interference, or are they ready to get the hell out of the way and let the football coach & AD make some decisions and hold them accountable for those decisions?

Last edited:
Reactions: Proud Army Wife
thank god i was alive to witness tennessee football from 85 to 2001 because i have a feeling those days are long and gone this has got to be the most screwed up i ever seen tennessee football a freaking decade of crap and dumb ass decisions i mean come on

If freeze doesn’t come here it will be because the SEC said no or he had what he thinks is a better offer.

There are so many legit reasons why Freeze wouldn't come here, and this is last on the list. Regardless, fingers still crossed.

It’s certainly within their purview. The question is are they more interested maintaining their power over a football program in which they have played a significant role in destroying through continued ineptitude and interference, or are they ready to get the hell out of the way and let the football coach & AD make some decisions and hold them accountable for those decisions?

I believe the extent to which the BOT has contributed to the downfall of the football program is grossly overstated.

Reactions: utvolpj
How can so many posters know so little about the processes at major Universities. It is not even close to being similar to those self owned businesses which can call up old Joe and get what he wants, especially when no one else wants what you want. Apparently, you do not realize that Pruitt and Fulmer want to hire the best OC available who meets the criteria which has been established by the NCAA, SEC and University of Tennessee. People with responsibilities at the level of UT can not make knee jerk decisions without proper vetting. I trust AD Fulmer and Coach Pruitt because their futures also depend on their decisions. Maybe a little less negative posting might help in the long run. U know that will be difficult for some/most of you but you might want to give it a try for the good of the University and our football program.

Please don’t make excuses for incompetence! This hire should have been wrapped up already. The longer it goes the worse it looks. This is TENNESSEE & 1.2 million a year gives you LOTS of options from very qualified candidates. Let’s NOT have another fiasco of a coaching search/hire!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: zydane47
Come on....
They don't issue Show Cause penalties and a bowl ban for calling a hooker.

To be fair they gave Tressel a show cause and all his players did was trade stuff for tattoos.

Freeze got the show cause for a failure to monitor, he got fired because of calling hookers on the school phone

VN Store

Back