WNBA discussion thread?

Anytime "the GOAT" in any sport and any gender of that sport it discussed....it will always end ugly
ESPN did an article on the 25 greatest WNBA basketball players of all time

Diana Taurasi is considered #1,,,but Tamika would be my choice over her
I am just proud TN has two in the top ten
#2 Tamika Catchings
#9 Candace Parker
That’s the article you’re going to quote coach? Were the ESPN/UConn faithful never stop bragging on theirs and disparaging all others until they’ve gaslighted all of women’s ball? This article at least takes into account stats.

And this is before CP delivered the Sky to the promised land. Top 2 Tennessee players are the best-and it’s not even close.

(Meanwhile A’ja Wilson says Hold my beer)

That’s the article you’re going to quote coach? Were the ESPN/UConn faithful never stop bragging on theirs and disparaging all others until they’ve gaslighted all of women’s ball? This article at least takes into account stats.

And this is before CP delivered the Sky to the promised land. Top 2 Tennessee players are the best-and it’s not even close.

Cynthia Cooper is the best ever, she didn’t even play in her prime and has all the accolades.

Tina Thompson would eat A'ja Wilson's lunch......let's not even mention Sheryl Swoopes...

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Magic, worthy, kareem

Bird, Parrish, McHale
Magic drafted. Worthy drafted....Kareem been there a couple of years...
Bird drafted, McHale drafted....Parrish via trade...

Difference...LeBron and Bosh and Wade talked about playing together...and did it...Super Teams are made in NBA now more than ever....started the day LeBron announced he was taking his talents to South Beach...

Last edited:

Difference...LeBron and Bosh and Wade talked about playing together...and did it...Super Teams are made in NBA now more than ever....started the day LeBron announced he was taking his talents to North Beach...

They try to form super teams nowadays--but mostly fail. Didn't work with New Jersey, didn't work with the 76ers, hasn't worked with the Clippers or Lakers, I don't believe. But therein lies the difference between Labron and, say, Harden or Irving.

Difference...LeBron and Bosh and Wade talked about playing together...and did it...Super Teams are made in NBA now more than ever....started the day LeBron announced he was taking his talents to South Beach...

Wilson drafted, Plum drafted, Young drafted, Gray been there a couple of years. Ironically, no one talked about Las Vegas being a super team until Parker decided to ride their coattails to chase another ring -- then the Aces proved they didn't even need her...

Wilson drafted, Plum drafted, Young drafted, Gray been there a couple of years. Ironically, no one talked about Las Vegas being a super team until Parker decided to ride their coattails to chase another ring -- then the Aces proved they didn't even need her...
The WNBA talked about them and NY being Super teams. What cave you been in.

Reactions: glv98
Lmao. Yes.
Indiana has a very young team, headlined by Aliyah Boston. Grace Berger, Nalyssa Smith, Victoria Vivians, plus vets Kelsey Mitchell and Amanda Zahui B. I'm not sure who the PG is, but with all their fire power they may be better off with Bueckers. A few years ago, Seattle had a mediocre team until they got back-to-back #1 picks, Jewel and Stewie. They still had Bird, so PG wasn't a problem. Whether it is Bueckers or Clark, they will be much improved next year.

Indiana has a very young team, headlined by Aliyah Boston. Grace Berger, Nalyssa Smith, Victoria Vivians, plus vets Kelsey Mitchell and Amanda Zahui B. I'm not sure who the PG is, but with all their fire power they may be better off with Bueckers. A few years ago, Seattle had a mediocre team until they got back-to-back #1 picks, Jewel and Stewie. They still had Bird, so PG wasn't a problem. Whether it is Bueckers or Clark, they will be much improved next year.
Other than Boston, Smith, and Mitchell, and Berger, Indiana doesn't have much going for it. It's got the dregs of the league on its bench, and desperately needs a guard that can reliably score. I can't see a scenario where Indiana chooses Bueckers over Clark, really, but anything is possible!

I understand NBA is trying to help promote WNBA .

Saying that who really thinks Ionescu has a chance beating the greatest 3 point shooter of all time.

Unless Steph tanks the competition.

Saying that who really thinks Ionescu has a chance beating the greatest 3 point shooter of all time.

Well games and competitions are way different. It does however show that individual skill wise women do stack up. But the games are so different.

NO ONE thinks a woman could be physical enough to even touch an NBA floor.

Well games and competitions are way different. It does however show that individual skill wise women do stack up. But the games are so different.

NO ONE thinks a woman could be physical enough to even touch an NBA floor.
Well at least Adam Silver is helping promote WNBA.

I've said it many times , the season is scheduled at wrong time of year.

Well at least Adam Silver is helping promote WNBA.

I've said it many times , the season is scheduled at wrong time of year.
Yeah it needs to be during basketball season..

Also personally I’m for hyper expansion.. bring over the good European players make the W like the NBA. Many of the NBA teams want a “sister” W team but the W won’t let them spend money on it..

Imo the W needs to be twice the size to actually feel like a league and not a conference

I read that Sabrina is going to shoot from the mens' distance, which means the gazillion practice and game shots she's taken over the years won't help her a bit. She'll have been practicing from that distance a very short time.

If Curry doesn't crush her record, he should be ashamed.

And before anyone says, "Yeah, but she's using a smaller ball! No fair!" ... I say, "And he's using larger hands and longer, stronger arms!"

The slight difference in ball size only exists to even out the differences in average hand size between women and men.

The Sparks were back for a second visit last night, as were the Mystics. Looks like the Sparks are thinking hard about Rickea w their #4 pick. Widely thought they'll take Brink w their #2 pick. Sparks are definitely a deep rebuild next year, which could put Rickea in a spot like Jordy was in last year. Team will be terrible, but she'll have plenty of opportunity to play. They would have lots of young up and comers like Brink, Rickea, Zia Cooke, and Rae. If Brink and/or Paige stay, as I think one or both are likely to do, it would bump RJ up a notch but I'd be surprised if it bumped her all the way to #2. Will be interesting to see.

Mystics may be either wishful thinking or eyeing a trade with their #6 pick. Especially if some top players stay, RJ will likely be gone by 6, esp w the interst the Sparks have shown. The Sparks also have the #8 pick, but it's hard to see her falling that far.

I read that Sabrina is going to shoot from the mens' distance, which means the gazillion practice and game shots she's taken over the years won't help her a bit. She'll have been practicing from that distance a very short time.

If Curry doesn't crush her record, he should be ashamed.

And before anyone says, "Yeah, but she's using a smaller ball! No fair!" ... I say, "And he's using larger hands and longer, stronger arms!"

The slight difference in ball size only exists to even out the differences in average hand size between women and men.
Interesting I read Steph shoots from NBA line and Ionescu from the WNBA line is only rite imo.

The Sparks were back for a second visit last night, as were the Mystics. Looks like the Sparks are thinking hard about Rickea w their #4 pick. Widely thought they'll take Brink w their #2 pick. Sparks are definitely a deep rebuild next year, which could put Rickea in a spot like Jordy was in last year. Team will be terrible, but she'll have plenty of opportunity to play. They would have lots of young up and comers like Brink, Rickea, Zia Cooke, and Rae. If Brink and/or Paige stay, as I think one or both are likely to do, it would bump RJ up a notch but I'd be surprised if it bumped her all the way to #2. Will be interesting to see.

Mystics may be either wishful thinking or eyeing a trade with their #6 pick. Especially if some top players stay, RJ will likely be gone by 6, esp w the interst the Sparks have shown. The Sparks also have the #8 pick, but it's hard to see her falling that far.
They will take Rickea over Brink because she’s better and if they have any sense, I think they will be good, with 3 top 10 picks that’s an easy fix, and might be able to get some free agents as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back