Worst game under Heupel!

Lost a bunch of good will tonight. It's one thing to get beat, but getting embarrassed is another thing. They were never in that game .. Seen it one two many times at this point to just chalk it up as a bad night.
Agree 100%. He better have some thick skin. He’s gonna need it after today.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Had we won today, Georgia loses to Ole Miss and we won out and went to Atlanta, this season would be a huge overachieving job by everyone in the program.

The talent we had last year was not surprising we won 11 games with.

Going to Atlanta while 10-2 with this year’s team would have been a miracle and created a crap ton of good mojo into the offseason
I agree with everything listed but still think SCAR was a worse loss.

Lost a bunch of good will tonight. It's one thing to get beat, but getting embarrassed is another thing. They were never in that game .. Seen it one two many times at this point to just chalk it up as a bad night.

The thing that gets me is Josh has had Drinkwitz’ number so far. Like it ain’t even close. I miss the days of Tennessee not having to worry about the crap schools of the East.

Heupel is still on a rocket trajectory if he can get to 9 wins this year at minimum.

This year was always going to be ugly to win a lot of games, but man today was just mind numbing.

Reactions: bpalmer28
The thing that gets me is Josh has had Drinkwitz’ number so far. Like it ain’t even close. I miss the days of Tennessee not having to worry about the crap schools of the East.

Heupel is still on a rocket trajectory if he can get to 9 wins this year at minimum.

This year was always going to be ugly to win a lot of games, but man today was just mind numbing.
It was embarrassing.

Reactions: Remy
Heupel isn’t it.

However, there’s no point in another coaching search just to get turned down by our first options again.

Ride it out till the wheels fall off.
Damn, you know it’s bad when the Sunshine Pumper in Chief says Heupel isn’t it. Sleep on it, my friend. Jury is still out on whether Heupel can be a championship coach, but he’s certainly a class above what we’ve had. We could see the team trend back upward next year.

It may be a bad take, but Hooker has nothing to do with it. Heupel is in year 3 and he just scored 7 points with his man at QB playing as well as he can play.
This, Joe played a good game up until the bitter end. He had no help; the run game was nonexistent.

Heupel can be the long term answer and have us competing for championships. To do that, however, he’ll have to make some very hard and uncomfortable decisions regarding the staff on both sides of the ball.
And he may have to relinquish some control of the offense and become more of an executive.

Reactions: loservol
Heupel can be the long term answer and have us competing for championships. To do that, however, he’ll have to make some very hard and uncomfortable decisions regarding the staff on both sides of the ball.
He could be, but I don’t recall any championship caliber coaches losing a game the way he did today, regardless of whether or not they inherited a rebuild. This was a very bad loss.

He could be, but I don’t recall any championship caliber coaches losing a game the way he did today, regardless of whether or not they inherited a rebuild. This was a very bad loss.
Great point. The fact that we're seeing these embarrassing blow outs (SC, FL, MZ) is troubling.

He has to develop some toughness mentally and physically from his players. The whole team is soft, from the top to the bottom.
I’m beginning to wonder if the players are beginning to think his offense is a gimmick. Heupel is 1-10 when trailing at halftime.

Can’t play from behind.
Won’t call a spade a spade.
Can’t motivate his teams to play on the road.
Too loyal to a failing product.
Too loyal to mediocre players.
Not returning kick offs from the 10? WTF??

He keeps this up and he won’t make it. Grow a set and do your job.
We beat lsu last year. Myth busted. We played a good team on road.

This is the proper take, but we shouldn’t say it out loud.

If you’re an offensive guru in year 3 who can’t score more than 7 points against Missouri when your QB of choice is playing the best ball of his life, you probably have benefited more from other people on your way to being crowned a guru than we all thought
Hahaha. Stupid ass take. We were ranked number 1 last year. We knew we were an 8 and 4 team.

Bru McCoy was the only Man we had on the team!!!
And isn't it interesting that McCoy was the only guy on the team who would make a big play or score a touchdown and act like he had done it before.
No dancing or stupid handshakes or posturing to draw attention to himself - just tossed the ball to the official and trotted to the sideline. All business.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
Lost a bunch of good will tonight. It's one thing to get beat, but getting embarrassed is another thing. They were never in that game .. Seen it one too many times at this point to just chalk it up as a bad night.
Trying to kick a field goal at the end of being blown out was pathetic.
What was Huepel thinking ?

VN Store

Back