Worst SEC fans ranked....

agree with #1
I would move VU, UK, and USCE before Bama....of course, the Bama rating will change back to your rating when they are no longer dominant...right now they just feel sorry for us and can't even take us seriously...neither can I

Tennessee fans are abused by their own losing team.......it’s not the fans fault that the Vols lose more than they win........after a decade and half of losing, the fans are apathetic

The problem is every fan base says this about you all...

I know an awful lot that say that about UT. I ignore it because EVERY fan base has jackasses. I’ve had some bad experiences at UT, but I’ve had some unbelievably good too. I don’t let the few bad ones cloud my judgment.

Reactions: Credo
South Carolina and it isn't even close. They believe they are CFB royalty because the OBC stopped by Colubmia for a few seasons. Their mascot is also a cock.

Absolutely agree. And I’ll add they were awful even back in the 90’s. I had a fan grab me by the front of my shirt and tell me to “go back to Cuba.” Funny thing is, I’m not from Cuba and I don’t think I particularly look like a guy from Cuba. 😂

When they had Spurrier, a dude was passing me in the aisle and stopped in front of me about 4 inches from my face, close enough where I could smell his breath and said “got Spurrier?!”

Somehow I escaped both incidents without throwing blows, but both were close.

Now we didn’t include outside the SEC, but if we did, it’s FSU for me by a mile. The last grown man real-deal fistfight I got into was in Tallahassee leaving a game. No hospitality, no friendliness, no pretending, the fan bases hate each other.

I have a vote for a fan base previously not mentioned: Kentucky

Cats fans are the most spoiled (especially basketball), biggest front-runners I've ever been around. Having lived in northwest Tennessee, western Kentucky, and southern Illinois; I've been around them my entire life. Most of them don't know nearly as much about basketball (or other sports) as they think they do. Off the top of my head, I can only think of two UK fans who are good, objective, and not obnoxious as Hell.

#sUcKs

Reactions: volfaninky
Oh, and the weirdest fab base? Texas AM!!

I’ve told this story before but I spent 4 quarters with two TexAM fans asking me about every two minutes if I had seen, heard or been moved by an SEC crowd as much as this one. First few times I would answer respectfully with “this is great” or “I love it, y’all put on a show” or something similar. But they weren’t going to stop until I admitted and agreed that Kyle Field was the most incredible, unbelievable environment I had ever been in. Truth is, it was a cool experience, they do a lot of songs and rituals that are cool to see. But no, I’m more awed by Knoxville, Tuscaloosa, Auburn, LSU and of course the Swamp. I finally had to tell these guys “hey it’s great here, but there are 5 or 6 environments even more impressive.” I ended the discussion by telling them they have to get around the SEC for some games and they’ll understand.

If you've ever been down to Athens, you know this isn't even close. Florida was pretty rough, but Alabama was an overall pretty good experience.

I’ve been to Athens for one UF game while the Jags NFL stadium is as being renovated and then I went to a Bama-Georgia game with a buddy once.

A lot of people agree with you.

I might move a few of the OP’s around as it relates to just football, but hand’s down, across the three major men’s sports it’s Vanderbilt.

The apathy they have towards football, the stupid basketball court, and the whistlers in baseball, coupled with the terrible message board VandyMania(if it still exists), throw in who would George Cafego put at number 1...

I rest my case.

Oh, and the weirdest fab base? Texas AM!!

I’ve told this story before but I spent 4 quarters with two TexAM fans asking me about every two minutes if I had seen, heard or been moved by an SEC crowd as much as this one. First few times I would answer respectfully with “this is great” or “I love it, y’all put on a show” or something similar. But they weren’t doing to stop until I admitted and agreed that Kyle Field was the most incredible, unbelievable environment I had ever been in. Truth is, it was a cool experience, they do a lot of songs and rituals that are cool to see. But no, I’m more awed by Knoxville, Tuscaloosa, Auburn, LSU and of course the Swamp. I finally had to tell these guys “hey it’s great here, but there are 5 or 6 environments even more impressive.” I ended the discussion by telling them they have to get around the SEC for some games and they’ll understand.

They don't have female cheerleaders. Fkd up!

Reactions: Jaws
I have never had a problem at any SEC stadium I have ever been to.

That also includes away games at FSU and at Miami.

I'll rate the opposing fans of the away games I've been to:

1-5 uga - The most miserable gameday experience by far, the crowd is a mix of drunk foul-mouthed rednecks, drunk arrogant frat boys, and the totally sloppy-drunk morally-bankrupt landed gentry of georgia. All three groups are classless and tiring.
6. South Carolina - just a miserable city, miserable state, and miserable stadium. Fanbase is just bizarre. Not a good trip.
7. Kentucky - The fat, bearded, sateen-jacket-wearing chain-smoking rednecks make this an irritating game to attend. Rupp is so very, very much better and worse simultaneously, I will give it to UK BBall fans, they are just as irritating, but they know their hoops by and large. Actually had two trips to Rupp, and treated decently both times by the surrounding fans.
8. Florida - I've had decent experiences at Gainesville, but the Jort Contingent of that fanbase, which is pretty large, makes it less than it could be. That said, there are some good folks I've met there.
9. Alabama - Primarily the bandwagon fans. The older folks like me are generally pretty decent, and I've been invited to and enjoyed quite a few 'hostile' tailgates there. Good food.

Favorites? LSU by a mile. I've been to 3 games there, and treated very well al three times. Invited to a tailgate my last trip while walking by on the way to the stadium. Host was drunker than heck, but they treated me like a king, and just really nice folks for the most part.

Reactions: Wireless1
I think it greatly depends on the environment.

1 (Tie): Georgia, Florida, Bama (in no particular order)
2: Vanderbilt
3: Kentucky (especially in Basketball)
4: Mizzou
5 (Tie): Auburn, LSU and Arkansas (from time to time they are intolerable, but generally pretty neutral)
6: The rest of the SEC: Ole Miss, Miss State, A&M, USCe

I know it's conference only, but some out of conference fan bases that are intolerable:

Ohio State (worst attitudes of all time. I've dealt with them twice and haughty is the first word that comes to mind)
Wisconsin (are you really going to get drunk and jeer the opposing team's band?)
Texas (nuff said)
Houston (dude, you ain't a P5 team, get over it)
Kansas (in basketball, I don't think the fans acknowledge they have a football program)
Penn State (arrogant cusses)

Now, some really good OOC fan bases that treat OOC opponents and opposing bowl game team's fans with respect:

Oregon
Washington
UCLA
Oklahoma (non-conference only!)

I'll rate the opposing fans of the away games I've been to:

1-5 uga - The most miserable gameday experience by far, the crowd is a mix of drunk foul-mouthed rednecks, drunk arrogant frat boys, and the totally sloppy-drunk morally-bankrupt landed gentry of georgia. All three groups are classless and tiring.
6. South Carolina - just a miserable city, miserable state, and miserable stadium. Fanbase is just bizarre. Not a good trip.
7. Kentucky - The fat, bearded, sateen-jacket-wearing chain-smoking rednecks make this an irritating game to attend. Rupp is so very, very much better and worse simultaneously, I will give it to UK BBall fans, they are just as irritating, but they know their hoops by and large. Actually had two trips to Rupp, and treated decently both times by the surrounding fans.
8. Florida - I've had decent experiences at Gainesville, but the Jort Contingent of that fanbase, which is pretty large, makes it less than it could be. That said, there are some good folks I've met there.
9. Alabama - Primarily the bandwagon fans. The older folks like me are generally pretty decent, and I've been invited to and enjoyed quite a few 'hostile' tailgates there. Good food.

Favorites? LSU by a mile. I've been to 3 games there, and treated very well al three times. Invited to a tailgate my last trip while walking by on the way to the stadium. Host was drunker than heck, but they treated me like a king, and just really nice folks for the most part.
I also picked Georgia#1, but man you got the nail on the head with the description.

No order....just my experience.

I’ve met a lot of Auburn fans and the ones I know and have met have been really good “fan”, decent people, and we’re not arrogant or hateful in the least.

Vandy fans don’t have much of anything except for baseball......so when they win at ANYTHING they act stupid.

KY basketball fans tend to act extremely arrogant......and usually very un knowledgeable.

I don’t think I have ever met a Mississippi fan......even when I’ve been in Mississippi.

Around where I live Bama fans have been football fans for 20, 30, 40 years, but most have been Bama fans for 10-15 years.......I hate bandwagon fans.

Georgia fans act like their team is Bama or Clemson.....none of them realize that most of them have never witnessed their team win a national championship. They suck hard.

Florida fans are passionate. Some are very rude, yet some are nice decent people. Many seem knowledgeable and they have always treated me well.........when Florida has won (which has been most of the time for a long tome now).

I feel bad for Arkansas fans......and I’m a Tennessee fan.

I don’t have huge impressions of the other fandoms I’ve met.

If you've ever been down to Athens, you know this isn't even close. Florida was pretty rough, but Alabama was an overall pretty good experience.

You are correct. I have been to several Georgia games in the student section. I have been to UF in the student section and Alabama. Hands down Georgia had the worst fans and it isn’t even close. They threw bottles of urine on the only New Mexico State fan within 40 rows when they were up by five scores. I was there for the hedges being ripped out vs. UT in 2000. As my girlfriend and I were leaving the stadium several UGA fans were swatting an elderly UT couple in the face with part of the hedges. They looked to be about 75-80. I was at the infamous hobnail boot game at Neyland and witnessed a group of UGA fans pouring dip spit on a middle aged woman that resulted in a brawl outside the stadium between them and another group of UGA fans.

VN Store

Back