Yahoo sports predicts new Vol coach

Probably and we'll over pay him to stink it up

Hard to say anything under 10 Million to get Mullen and Grantham at DC combined is overpaying.

People don’t understand that getting Mullen and Grantham as a package would be a heck of a deal

Reactions: 4 people
Sadly, if it is Campbell, we will all conclude that Currie needs to be fired and Campbell will last 4 seasons before we do this all over again.

Thankfully it won't be him though.

Sadly, if it is Campbell, we will all conclude that Currie needs to be fired and Campbell will last 4 seasons before we do this all over again.

Thankfully it won't be him though.

I'd rather have Campbell than Mullen. At least Campbell hasn't lost to Saban 9 straight times. Might actually have a chance with Campbell

Reactions: 3 people
Can't UT at least afford a Gruden knockoff?:)

yxNzA4.gif

Reading the Yahoo Sports News is akin to reading the Sports Section of the National Enquirer. We are not going to know facts until we hear from Currie... simple as that. Till then, we can have as much fun as we want speculating and airing our wish lists, can't we.

So here are a few of my speculations: 1). Gruden stays with his cushy ESPN gig - Sorry guys and gals. 2). Chip Kelly goes to UCLA or SF 49ers; 3). Malzahn heads to Arkansas, unless he wins the NC at Auburn; 4). FL gets Mullen or Frost; 5). aTm gets Fisher; 6). UT gets Patterson, Frost, Campbell, Schiano, Morris, Miles, Tedford, Tony Petersen, or some other coach from Googleland University. Thing is, until official announcements are made... nobody knows who is really going where... and no one but Currie and his inner circle knows who is on his "list."

My wish list (in no particular order): G. Patterson, C. Petersen, Leach, Venables, Schaino, Campbell, Tedford, and Dantonio.

:popcorn:

Last edited:
The argument could be made no? Very Butch like numbers.

Apthough this has been argued many times, it bears repeatin. Huge difference between between playing in the SEC west and the East. Mullen is many times better than Butch ahd its not even close.

Reactions: 3 people
The Vols 0-4 in their last 4 coaching hires, thinking that somehow they will get it right this time around is dangerous at best:banghead2:

Last 4? I think you mean the last 3 unless you're including an interim in Hoke who will only end up coaching 3 games. Fulmer won 152 games and a National title.

VN Store

Back