Yahoo sports predicts new Vol coach

Trey Wallace already reported that UTAD will not pay Campbell's buyout. Multiple sources reported that Norvell didn't make it past UTAD vetting process. Whoever penned the prediction just scraped the net for a few names that would irritate Vols fans.

Reactions: 1 person
From what i see Kiffin is probably the best coach we don't want. To bad he did what he did he is a better choice than what Yahoo has on the board.

Reactions: 2 people
FSU is a better job. In florida, easier to recruit to, generally less competition with only 3-4 annual games that are difficult etc.

Lol their facilities is no were close to Ut's. Its not a better job.Plus middle Tennessee is a recruiting hot bed with the growth of Nashville.

We fire Lyle and people bit€# about the possibility of Mullen.👌

Matt Campbell is the best one on that list by a landslide... Has beaten two top five teams this year, and brought Toledo up to 20 in the rankings before that. Always a winner.

Who cares what some clown at Yahoo blabbers?

The evidence and money points to a serious coach. Gruden

If a Pee Wee Herman lookalike, complete with orange tie and bicycle, gets off that plane, I won't be shocked.

What’s Kiffin’s record as a head coach?

Much better than you might think given he had scholarship impacts at USC while he was there. Also, while he was here there was excitement....he gave much better Alabama and Florida teams a game.

Reactions: 1 person
From Yahoo:

Tennessee
Names: Dan Mullen, Matt Campbell, Scott Frost, Greg Schiano, Mike Norvell
Prediction: Matt Campbell. Mullen has a difficult decision, as it’s perceived he’s Tennessee’s top choice. But the tricky part here is that Florida State could open, which even Peyton Manning would agree is an exponentially better job than Tennessee. Does he wait out FSU? Campbell’s buyout is huge ($9 million), but thank God for the SEC Network and creative contracts.

This is possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read and that is 15 seconds of my life I will never get back

Journalism and media these days are a joke

Matt Campbell is the best one on that list by a landslide... Has beaten two top five teams this year, and brought Toledo up to 20 in the rankings before that. Always a winner.

I will say the more I read about him, the more I like him. But you don't need defense to win in the mac or the big12. To win in the sec, you need to force some punts and turnovers to get w's. Winning at Iowa State is a DEFINITE sign of a good coach though. And he didn't inherit the groundwork like our last hc

Last edited:

Schiano, Campbell for me.

Schiano is a better recruiter and has a better coaching tree.

Campbell is a good coach. But Tennessee can get Schiano and won't have a massive buyout.

Of realistic candidates that would come to Tennessee I'd be happy with either though.

This is possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read and that is 15 seconds of my life I will never get back

Journalism and media these days are a joke

Man it's 2017 power 5 coaches don't leave for other power 5 jobs.

Plus there is a lot of good openings now... will be more openings by Monday morning.

The Tennessee job will rank middle of the pack this year with the openings.

Tennessee won't get the best coach out there. There are jobs that will pay the same or more and have better rosters, recruiting bases, schedules, etc

Don't beat the journalist up for telling it like it is.

It's 4th out of the 5 p5 schools. And it has the least amount of schools. 3 less schools when comparing averages has an effect of ranking data. It's like looking at the numbers and then concluding macon ga is a more dangerous city than la. I like Campbell but an ESPN article isn't going to change my opinion that the big12 is a conference full of schools with terrible defenses.

Matt Campbell, one good season at Iowa State, yeah I googled his Toledo record. Like that even matters.
Who did he study under/ learn his craft?

GTHO

VN Store

Back