You love your family but don't always agree with them

That is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous!
You don't know what you're talking about. There are those on VN that have no business, nor do they want to be loved. Why do you come on here spewing that crap about Love?? And Puppies...........they'll go as far as to crap all over you and your house....

I say to HECK with the entire canine population.

Take your opinion and go to another site that might care...

View attachment 89761

too much??

Needs blue font to be taken seriously IMO.

BTW....you have no sources.

:clapping:

People that are against something always seem to be the loudest and make sure everybody knows how the feel over and over again. If people are for it then they are happy and go on about their day.

On the Debord hire: I didn't even know who he was before all this started and the board went into meltdown. I get a distribution list email from someone who subscribes to several services and the articles I have read about him all seem positive. A lot of people didn't want CBJ and it has been better than expected. As long as we don't change the style i'm all in. I have been watching mobile QB's beat us for years and we finally have a coach that will run them.

People that are against something always seem to be the loudest and make sure everybody knows how the feel over and over again. If people are for it then they are happy and go on about their day.

On the Debord hire: I didn't even know who he was before all this started and the board went into meltdown. I get a distribution list email from someone who subscribes to several services and the articles I have read about him all seem positive. A lot of people didn't want CBJ and it has been better than expected. As long as we don't change the style i'm all in. I have been watching mobile QB's beat us for years and we finally have a coach that will run them.

Using ALL CAPS SEEMS TO HELP ME GET MY POINT ACROSS!

Agree?__________
Disagree?________

I have watched college foosball for about 30 years and I had never even heard of Derek Dooley or Butch Jones before they were hired. It wasn't that I didn't know about other schools and their coaches--I knew of course the SEC coaches, but I also knew Rich Rod, Muschamp, the many Bowdens, Jimbo, I could go on but I won't.

Anyway, I don't care if you want to pump sunshine or if you want to be a Negavol...just please, please, please add something to the discussion when you post--positive or negative as long as it is relevant to the topic.

Namecalling and questioning fandom is not helpful and does not meet that criteria.

Reactions: 1 person
I have watched college foosball for about 30 years and I had never even heard of Derek Dooley or Butch Jones before they were hired. It wasn't that I didn't know about other schools and their coaches--I knew of course the SEC coaches, but I also knew Rich Rod, Muschamp, the many Bowdens, Jimbo, I could go on but I won't.

Anyway, I don't care if you want to pump sunshine or if you want to be a Negavol...just please, please, please add something to the discussion when you post--positive or negative as long as it is relevant to the topic.

Namecalling and questioning fandom is not helpful and does not meet that criteria.

I was going to call you an idiot, but then I read your post, so I will not be calling you an idiot.
Thank you for your advice, sorry I didn't add anything to this thread that has been so enlightening.

Maybe I have this fan thing all wrong. All the games I've went to over the past 56 years, I can't recall ever standing and cheering for a coach, be it head coach or coordinator, position coach or whatever. I always cheer for the big orange, the vols, the lady vols or for some the Vawls. I've always depended on the athletic director and head coach to have the right person in whatever position to coach our athletes to perform at their highest level. Just saying.

Humans have a hard time dealing with negative aspects of life

Most people want to believe everything will be ok as long as the say it will be ok.

Its human nature

I think a lot of times it's the way the original poster states his position that makes the difference. If you were to say, for instance, "Choosing DeBord is the worst mistake in college football history and it spells the end of Tennesse" is bound to get some similar responses. If you simply say you think it's a mistake and even give some evidence why you think so, most of the time you will get some decent responses even if they disagree. There are a certain amount of people on VN and other boards who will act like jerks regardless of what you post. It's the nature of the beast. Ignore them.

Nega fan, or drinking the Kool-Aid there seems to be 1.5 million of threads saying the same thing, posting ...maybe if I state my case it will change they way others perceive the issue.

95% of us should just enjoy the ride because its less bumpy at this point at UT, we should know it could change on a dime if we take a wrong turn...but we have NO CONTROL over it.

#GoVols

I'm not bothered by different opinions, or even negavols. Its the alleged occasional "vol" fan who swears we'll never win another game, every qb sucks, all the recruits suck type that get me. We have a couple like that.

I doubt you knew who the hell Nick Saban was when LSU hired him. Perhaps you did know Urban Meyer since he had took Utah to a BCS game before landing at UF. Point is everyone cuts their teeth somewhere before getting a break. I will say that Dooley's resume terrified me moreso than Jones; career loser with no coordinator experience hired by an AD on the hot seat.

I'm not bothered by different opinions, or even negavols. Its the alleged occasional "vol" fan who swears we'll never win another game, every qb sucks, all the recruits suck type that get me. We have a couple like that.

That describes most mid-week sunshine pumpers after a loss. :p:):thud:

Humans have a hard time dealing with negative aspects of life

Most people want to believe everything will be ok as long as the say it will be ok.

Its human nature

Agree with the most part...I have known/know a few who are about as negative as it gets.

BTW...asked my mom...she has no earthly idea where you are! :search:

So, why is it that fans can't love/support their team and even coaches and still voice a disagreement or concern about a decision they make once in a while?

I think of it like you're yelling at the TV when you're team makes a mistake. You don't switch allegiances when you're pissed off. Just bark a little at the TV. Doesn't make you a NegaVOL.

So, why is it that fans can't love/support their team and even coaches and still voice a disagreement or concern about a decision they make once in a while?

I think of it like you're yelling at the TV when you're team makes a mistake. You don't switch allegiances when you're pissed off. Just bark a little at the TV. Doesn't make you a NegaVOL.

Yep....Thankfully my wife usually watches with me, so I maintain a decent level of civility and cuss in my beer. But...there have been times I've had both dogs in the corner, ears pinned back, looking at me like I was going to tear the place down...I get over it...eventually.

Exactly!

If most posters behaved in real life like they do after a loss, they would divorce their wife because she didn't fold their socks perfectly or would quit their job because the Coke machine ran out of Dr. Pepper.

People tend to over-react on here.

While I personally enjoy the discourse there is a major problem with the ops premise:

I put up with my crazy aunt, degenerate uncle, and lazy brother because they are family.

While I personally enjoy the discourse there is a major problem with the ops premise:

I put up with my crazy aunt, degenerate uncle, and lazy brother because they are family.

i think this may be the point made by OP.
Some we want to throat punch, but they are still part of the family, and we still love to see them in Orange on game day.

VN Store

Back