You love your family but don't always agree with them

i think this may be the point made by OP.
Some we want to throat punch, but they are still part of the family, and we still love to see them in Orange on game day.

No it's not. I put up with their **** bc they are family. No one here is family

I have watched college foosball for about 30 years and I had never even heard of Derek Dooley or Butch Jones before they were hired. It wasn't that I didn't know about other schools and their coaches--I knew of course the SEC coaches, but I also knew Rich Rod, Muschamp, the many Bowdens, Jimbo, I could go on but I won't.

Anyway, I don't care if you want to pump sunshine or if you want to be a Negavol...just please, please, please add something to the discussion when you post--positive or negative as long as it is relevant to the topic.

Namecalling and questioning fandom is not helpful and does not meet that criteria.

For the record, I consider all of my posts to be educational, informative and inspiring. If you feel otherwise, THAT is not my problem. LOL

Butch is great, but UT was great first and will be after the Butch era. He is not beyond criticism.

Reactions: 1 person
While I personally enjoy the discourse there is a major problem with the ops premise:

I put up with my crazy aunt, degenerate uncle, and lazy brother because they are family.

You just described Jimmy Hyams( crazy aunt), Lane Kiffin( degenerate uncle), and Derek Dooley ( lazy brother) to a tee.

I'll just say this..there is a big difference between disagreeing with a certain decision a coach makes, and blasting them every chance you get over the smallest and dumbest things or even trying to create things that are not there just to fit your agenda.

I.E. the 300 threads about the coaches losing the team over transfers buthurt over playing time.

Just sayin...not accusing you personally..just sayin

Reactions: 1 person
So, why is it that fans can't love/support their team and even coaches and still voice a disagreement or concern about a decision they make once in a while?

Why do they HAVE to fall in line, and never question anything the coaches say or do, at any point until or unless they are fired?

It never fails....NEVER, EVER....if a fan expresses a concern/opinion here on a fan forum, expressly for the purpose of sharing OPINIONS, they inevitably get blasted with the same ole "who are you to question the coaches?" response.

tumblr_n84tczjfpe1smmsbuo4_400.gif

....And from the same folks.

There are extremes on both ends of the argument...extreme homers and extremely negative posters. But simply expressing some concern will always draw the same damn response, calling their fanhood into question. Good grief, folks. Can we not be a little smarter than this?

Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's a$$ by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?..... I know, has nothing to do with thread but I'm watching Tommy Boy and felt like sharing. What were you saying again? Oh yeah, fan forums are for fans!! If somebody criticizes you again, tell them to blame me. I'm a man..IM 40!!!!

I don't mean this ugly...but it sounds like you care too much about what other people think. I mean a lot of people on message boards simply love to jump in and play devil's advocate to any point that "anyone" makes. They like to be heard...and like to stir the pot. If I were you...I wouldn't worry about it at all. I mean at the end of the day, none of our opinions are gonna change a thing. Lol

I don't know of anyone around here that does what you described.

So, why is it that fans can't love/support their team and even coaches and still voice a disagreement or concern about a decision they make once in a while?

Why do they HAVE to fall in line, and never question anything the coaches say or do, at any point until or unless they are fired?

It never fails....NEVER, EVER....if a fan expresses a concern/opinion here on a fan forum, expressly for the purpose of sharing OPINIONS, they inevitably get blasted with the same ole "who are you to question the coaches?" response.

tumblr_n84tczjfpe1smmsbuo4_400.gif

....And from the same folks.

There are extremes on both ends of the argument...extreme homers and extremely negative posters. But simply expressing some concern will always draw the same damn response, calling their fanhood into question. Good grief, folks. Can we not be a little smarter than this?

Better Call Saul.....

VN Store

Back