The Official Vandy @ #1 Tennessee SEC Tourney Game 1 Thread (Wed. May 22 5:30PM EST SEC NETWORK)

I feel sad for the Vol fans who paid their hard earned money to go to Hoover to watch TN concede it's first game versus Vandy. Don't care that this tournament "means nothing" on the grand scheme of things, but Volunteer baseball is paid handsomely to work to win every game. Fans are the ones who lose in this scenario. Bonus, Vols are being embarrassed by Vandy!

Reactions: Bryan1
So what does the road ahead look like? Who and at what time do we play tomorrow? I use the word play a little cautiously after this nightmare. Pitching…F. Hitting C-. I’ve seen us turn it around before. Fingers crossed the players and coaches pull a rabbit out of the hat tomorrow. Waste of a good Merlot tonight. Early to bed.

Last time we played Vandy 2 weeks ago: Causey 3 R in 6 IP, Stamos 1 R in 2 IP, Beam 5 R in 5 IP and Sechrist 3 R in 2 IP. Those are not dominant numbers by any means. To assume TN would dominate Vandy today with those pitchers is hope not fact. Throw in our offense has not done much and there is room for questions. I don't know any athlete that goes into a game and says its OK to get blown out today as we know we are better.
Hate to inform you…Vandy is a very good baseball team. If we played them in supers it would probably come down to a deciding game 3. All of those stats are good enough to get us a win with our lineup. I don’t expect to throw shutouts against top 20 talent teams. Nobody is ok with losing…it’s just a part of baseball. You live to see another day in this sport…

We didn’t tank, we still played our best position players. The second line of pitching didn’t hold up. I’m sure Tony was hoping we could outscore them. We will see how we respond tomorrow against the State/AM loser. Hopefully we flush this and respond positive plus the pitching rotation goes back to normal. We gotta hit and score multiple runs. Go Vols!

Reactions: volplaya8
I feel sad for the Vol fans who paid their hard earned money to go to Hoover to watch TN concede its first game versus Vandy. Don't care that this tournament "means nothing" on the grand scheme of things, but Volunteer baseball is paid handsomely to work to win every game. Fans are the ones who lose in this scenario. Bonus, Vols are being embarrassed by Vandy!
Great baseball incoming. Would never leave early. SMU and Clemson would agree. Hold my 🍻

Scattered thoughts: I need Burke and CMO to be hitting back to back again. I wonder if Texas AM will shat the bed like the rest of the top seeds? Tony used 8 pitchers. He was not serious.

Hate to inform you…Vandy is a very good baseball team. If we played them in supers it would probably come down to a deciding game 3. All of those stats are good enough to get us a win with our lineup. I don’t expect to throw shutouts against top 20 talent teams. Nobody is ok with losing…it’s just a part of baseball. You live to see another day in this sport…
Too bad Vandy is not ranked in the top 25 baseball teams in NCAA.

…beisbol? 😉

8 Tennessee pitchers in 9 innings (and we're still not done)....What kind of coaching is this from CTV? C'mon Frank! Did CTV wave the white flag in the 4th and bring guys out like he's playing a Tuesday night?

I just dont get playing these effing games, risking injuries to star players, etc if you arent gonna try to win the damn game. If teams arent gonna try, then get rid of the effing tourney to begin with

Most cant even comprehend the difference. If you are factoring in as a Sec player you are officially what I call a “dude”. You are either a pro level player or capable of competing against pro levels players to some capacity. High school ball is tiddlywinks in comparison. Even at the highest of levels its not even on same stratosphere as Sec baseball.
Exactly. Remember the beatdown we gave Illinois in that series? They are the Big 10 champs! SEC is a whole other level even compared to other colleges.

And Tennessee didn't play as bad as the score indicates. They hit 5-7 balls on the screws that were right at someone and Vandy caught several lucky breaks in the 3rd when they scored the 5 runs. In the end those 5 runs really didn‘t decide the game but if we make a play or two and hold them to 1-2 runs who knows what happens.

VN Store

Back