The Official Vandy @ #1 Tennessee SEC Tourney Game 1 Thread (Wed. May 22 5:30PM EST SEC NETWORK)

I agree with you. I just dont know why you even have the tourney though if you are gonna have so many top seeds come out and just not even try
Imagine spending money to go watch a tourney and you'r team plays like they don't even care to be there, it's kinda a slap in the face to the fans.

I know. I’m not really upset with how tonight has gone. We needed to get guys work. But losing always sucks, especially to a team like Vandy. Sucks to kind of punt on a game, but I get it. I was hoping to watch some Vol baseball into the weekend once I had more free time from work but that is looking dicey now. Oh well!
Yes. Losing always suck. You still very may be watching vol baseball this weekend...

So what does the road ahead look like? Who and at what time do we play tomorrow? I use the word play a little cautiously after this nightmare. Pitching…F. Hitting C-. I’ve seen us turn it around before. Fingers crossed the players and coaches pull a rabbit out of the hat tomorrow. Waste of a good Merlot tonight. Early to bed.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
People getting upset, don’t be. We started a guy who has never started and are pitching guys who don’t throw weekends. That should tell you how much the coaches care about this week
Unfortunately that concept is hard for many to wrap their minds around. He’s keeping his team fresh for what really matters. I’m all in.

Did Stamos, Causey, Beam, Sechrist pitch? Did Kirby do his thing? Russell? I think that’s who will be pitching most of the innings going forward. Snead won’t be asked to start game 1 of anything moving forward. We are in wonderful shape! We could still win this tournament as well.
Last time we played Vandy 2 weeks ago: Causey 3 R in 6 IP, Stamos 1 R in 2 IP, Beam 5 R in 5 IP and Sechrist 3 R in 2 IP. Those are not dominant numbers by any means. To assume TN would dominate Vandy today with those pitchers is hope not fact. Throw in our offense has not done much and there is room for questions. I don't know any athlete that goes into a game and says its OK to get blown out today as we know we are better.

High school to SEC is a DRAMATIC leap. Zander is the only one out of his other room mates that made the team. One never even came back after Christmas and the other 2 were redshirted and left that May....
High school to SEC is a DRAMATIC leap. Zander is the only one out of his other room mates that made the team. One never even came back after Christmas and the other 2 were redshirted and left that May....
Most cant even comprehend the difference. If you are factoring in as a Sec player you are officially what I call a “dude”. You are either a pro level player or capable of competing against pro levels players to some capacity. High school ball is tiddlywinks in comparison. Even at the highest of levels its not even on same stratosphere as Sec baseball.

VN Store

Back