“climate emergency”

True. But I have to daily. And this is at what would be considered a "good" public school.
My daughter had an Earth Day poster as an assignment in early middle school. I helped her create a "Save the Rain forest, Destroy Local Farmland". I expected a call or note from the teacher reprimanding me. They hung it up in the hallway with all the others.

Reactions: AM64 and allvol123
Nope. The classes on male/female wage gap and the horror of US meat production had been exhausted already. So it was time for this.

50% of our nightly dinner discussion is set aside for mocking these public school teachers.

Public schools are a disgrace for the most part.
I would be sending a recording device into that classroom and then dox that teacher big time.

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
My daughter had an Earth Day poster as an assignment in early middle school. I helped her create a "Save the Rain forest, Destroy Local Farmland". I expected a call or note from the teacher reprimanding me. They hung it up in the hallway with all the others.

Hilarious. I think we possess some similar traits.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
I would be sending a recording device into that classroom and then dox that teacher big time.

I was angry at first. I've kinda taken a cool approach though. The teacher is a millennial and my daughter is a teenager. So there was an opportunity there to be a heavy influence, an adult who is not the parent is kind of attractive at that age. But the no kids thing just blew it up. My daughter now sees what we have been preaching for months.

Reactions: AM64
Nope. The classes on male/female wage gap and the horror of US meat production had been exhausted already. So it was time for this.

50% of our nightly dinner discussion is set aside for mocking these public school teachers.

Lord what does any of that have to do with geography? Teach my kids where Uzbekistan is and keep your political opinions to yourself.

These people are pissed. Been back seated by covid and racial issues.

I really liked the part where emissions went down during covid and made climate change worse. The funny part is that a big volcano a long time ago and postulated nuclear winter kinda predicted that pollutants in the atmosphere tend to provide some shade.

My daughter's HS Geography teacher asked the girls in the class to raise their hand if they planned on having children. Then lectured them on the irresponsibility of that choice.

Well after all, we have a duty to keep things reasonable, and we have to do something to offset a rapidly growing population from south of the border who are religiously taught power and domination through procreation.

My God. My sister and her husband live in Farragut, luckily their kids are grown and out of the house, but they both have liberal tendencies.

Yea, I'm new to the HS scene. I thought a place like Knoxville was still protected from the idiot left infiltrating public schools. I was wrong.

Reactions: AM64
We Are Living in a Climate Emergency, and We’re Going to Say So

Given the circumstances, Scientific American has agreed with major news outlets worldwide to start using the term “climate emergency” in its coverage of climate change.

They went from global warming, to climate vhange now climate emergency. I hope you liberal sheep understand that if they taxed us the way the need to, to "fix" this, the politicians will still live their comfortable lives, as will the communist elits.

So true. It’s funny that these very “teachers” whine so much thinking they’re entitled to higher pay. Overpaid in my opinion

Let's get serious about depopulating by America leading by example. I propose the easiest and most climate-friendly way to thin the herd. See map below. Equal populations represented. The most logical approach is to drive those living on both coasts into the sea. I am starting the like this climate emergency the more I think about it.
View attachment 362030

The libs would rather control the coasts.

Let's get serious about depopulating by America leading by example. I propose the easiest and most climate-friendly way to thin the herd. See map below. Equal populations represented. The most logical approach is to drive those living on both coasts into the sea. I am starting the like this climate emergency the more I think about it.
View attachment 362030

Reactions: McDad
Yea, I'm new to the HS scene. I thought a place like Knoxville was still protected from the idiot left infiltrating public schools. I was wrong.

My son taught HS because he thought he could make a difference. He probably did, but you can't fight the system. A PhD and teaching again at the college level suits him better, but you can tell he's burning out on teaching, and this last year hasn't helped.

The public school issue probably is a lot less a local that you would hope. Policies come from on high - like ivy league pie in the sky liberal crap from on high. Stuff that's adopted by government policy and forced down the pipe - he who has the gold makes the rules kind of thing. University schools of education are full of the nonsense being pushed into public schools. Once you accept the thought that buying into and understanding the theory of teaching is more important than mastery of the subject taught there's little hope of kids getting what they need particularly in math and sciences. They are going to get what the "more educated" liberals shove down from ivy towers of liberal thought.

Policies come from on high - like ivy league pie in the sky liberal crap from on high. Stuff that's adopted by government policy and forced down the pipe - he who has the gold makes the rules kind of thing. University schools of education are full of the nonsense being pushed into public schools. Once you accept the thought that buying into and understanding the theory of teaching is more important than mastery of the subject taught there's little hope of kids getting what they need particularly in math and sciences. They are going to get what the "more educated" liberals shove down from ivy towers of liberal thought.

In my experience the wokeness hasn't hit our classrooms here; particularly in any kind of mandate way. Where it's gaining foothold is the massive growth of non-teaching personnel on campus covering every woke angle you can think of. The classroom here is kind of an oasis but I can see the writing on the wall. All these non-teaching personnel have to justify their jobs so more and more "programs" get created and tuition keeps going up to pay for all these people.

VN Store

Back